Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

My New Z with a Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:02 AM
carscrainer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got off the phone with vinny ten racing. Sorry if I spelled it wrong but anyhow I think I am just going to save up some cash and make the trip their and hope for the best. He sounds much more educated about my car. I am refreshed that someone has knowledge about what is going on but it sucks that I have an 7 hour drive just to get their. I guess I will just wait 2 or 3 weeks and get an apointment and go up the day before and stay in a hotel for a day or two. I figure this will be the best way to get my car taken care of the right way.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:29 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heres a few pics, hopefully u can tell where everything goes, ill do the pics one at a time so i can explain
first pic u can see the line coming from my battery box and going under my engine cover, that is the ss box line running to the nipple on the plenum which is under my engine cover, then u can see it T's under my cover off that line and the new line runs down under the car to the fmu (pics to follow).
Attached Thumbnails My New Z with a Vortech-t-under-cover-far-view.jpg  

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-15-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:31 PM
tylerxfire

here is where the line that is T'd off the ss box line runs to underneath the car (the line im pointing to is the same line from the top)..

run it straight to the FMU and connect it there, then T off that line with another line that runs to the bypass valve
Attached Thumbnails My New Z with a Vortech-t-from-ss-box-line-under-car.jpg  

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-15-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:35 PM
tylerxfire

heres just a random pic so u can make sure u are all hooked up right behind ur motor by the throttle body where they ran that line..notice i have not touched back there..no lines for this need to run back there
Attached Thumbnails My New Z with a Vortech-backside-of-motor..throttle-body.jpg  
Old 02-15-2010, 01:38 PM
tylerxfire

heres another pic of how it goes underneath for another view...
Attached Thumbnails My New Z with a Vortech-another-view-fmu.jpg  
Old 02-15-2010, 02:20 PM
carscrainer

Thanks for all of the pictures I will definately use them and make sure all of mine are ran the same. Then I am going to same up about a grand and try and get it tuned again but this time I am going to make the drive to vinny ten racing. I figure it should be worth it. Thanks again for your help man. We will definately have to meet up this summer at the track.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:03 PM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by carscrainer
Thanks for all of the pictures I will definately use them and make sure all of mine are ran the same. Then I am going to same up about a grand and try and get it tuned again but this time I am going to make the drive to vinny ten racing. I figure it should be worth it. Thanks again for your help man. We will definately have to meet up this summer at the track.
no prob. i changed my belt while i was at it...yeah i think thats ur best bet and if u dont wanna drive it i think u can rent a uhaul dolley for like 40 bucks and u could tow it..If u do go out there let me know maybe i can meet u at my exit and take a look at the car, im exit 30 on the thruway
Old 02-15-2010, 03:12 PM
carscrainer

Sounds good man I will let you know when I make my apointment and see if you will be around. If all goes well I will drive up the day before after work and just stay in a hotel for a night. How close to vinny ten do you live? I prob wont make it out until the middle of march unless I find some spare cash before then.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:13 PM
tylerxfire

im around 4 hours away from vtr so u wouldnt wanna stay around here..

yeah man do u have another car u are driving? i wouldnt drive this car much until its tuned right if any...Id just get everything straightened out...go thru those instructions and just go through the car, make sure everything is hooked up right and ready to dyno..get ur gauges in too ahead of time cause that will tell u how much boost u are making so u know its all hooked up right so u dont waste a trip and get there and not make the boost u should again and so u know it is safe to even baby there
Old 02-16-2010, 06:00 AM
carscrainer

Yeah I have a little extended cab sonoma 4X4 that I have been cruising around in. I am pretty much going to let the car set in the garage until I can put some gauges on it and get some cash to take it to the dyno. I just talked to the boss and I am going to take march 18 & 19 off and plan to make a trip to vinny ten. I just have to call them and set up an apointment and that will be the plan. Trying to give myself enough time to save up some cash and the weather some time to get a little better. I will most likely have to baby the car their but I am pretty confident that it will drive their and not have any problems. If I do drive it at all right now I just keep it a gear down usually to make sure I dont need any boost to help push me around until I get it tuned right.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:05 PM
carscrainer

Good news I just got home from work and sold my mxz 800 sled. So I will have some cash a little sooner than I expected I will most likely order some gauges and a guage pod in the morning and then check on the weather and maybe make an earlier apointment at vinny ten racing to get my car all tuned up. Then I hopefully will even have some left over cash for goodies like touch screen dvd, nav, xm radio and a nice amp and sub and some new tires for the summer. Can't wait to start buying stuff and having the mail man bring it all to my door.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:45 AM
carscrainer

So I have an apoinment for march 4th at vinny ten racing. Got my fingers crossed that all goes well. Does anyone with this vortech kit use an oil temp gauge or extra oil cooler? Just wondering if that is something I need to keep an eye on or if it should be alright. Thanks for the info
Old 02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by carscrainer
So I have an apoinment for march 4th at vinny ten racing. Got my fingers crossed that all goes well. Does anyone with this vortech kit use an oil temp gauge or extra oil cooler? Just wondering if that is something I need to keep an eye on or if it should be alright. Thanks for the info

cool man, just make sure everything is good to go when u drive it in there or ur gonna end up spending twice as much money and time having vinny go through everything...But a plus is that if it is not right he will fix it..

i do not run a oil temp gauge or extra cooler and have been fine for over 10k miles..imo not needed with the setup but is something for peace of mind if u had the extra cash to spend i guess..
Old 02-18-2010, 05:40 PM
tylerxfire

wideband and boost gauge will be ur first gauges to buy for sure
Old 02-20-2010, 03:07 AM
carscrainer

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
wideband and boost gauge will be ur first gauges to buy for sure
The wideband and boost gauge and gauge pod are all on their way. I have bought and paid for them all just waiting on shipping now. Everything is looking good for march 4th. Found a kinked vacuum line and a leak in my in line fuel pump. Called vinny and he said if its not pumping gas out not to worry about it and he can fix it or to have the local mechanic call and tell him where it is leaking from and he can sen us a washer or gasket or somthing hopefully to fix it. IDK sounds good to me because I was just going to buy a new pump but vinny makes it sound like it will be ok. I will find out more later after I get ahold of the mechanic and get him to call vinny. I will let everyone know what I find out later and hopefully my gauges will all be installed next week!
Old 02-20-2010, 06:44 AM
tylerxfire

are your lines ran like i showed in the pics now?

do u have a pic of where the pump is leaking?, if u pull the whole big splash pan off underneath u can basically see the whole vortech setup from down there easily
Old 02-20-2010, 07:39 AM
carscrainer

Yeah all of my lines are ran like yours now. The splash pan is off and I did take a look at the pump but only for a second because I thought I would need a new one. I am at work now so I will have to wait until later to try and get a pic or check out where exactly it is leaking from. I am working on that so I can get it fixed before my trip so far eveything is going well. I will let you know when I get an update.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:32 PM
tylerxfire

...lemme know if u need pics of anything else specific as i havent put my splash pan back on yet underneath
Old 02-20-2010, 03:28 PM
carscrainer

Thanks for the offer on more pics. As of right now I need an inline fule pump from vortech. Talking to the local mechanic and vinny today we have decided my inline fuel pump is bad and now I need to find a new one hopefully by monday. Any clue where to get one and how much? Vortech wants a couple hundred bucks for theese things. I want to post a wanted thread but my account is still new. I know some people buy the kits and dont use the fuel pump so I am hoping to find one for a decent price. Vinny just wants to overnight me one for who knows how much. He told me to call him back monday to have it overnight shipped to me. Just hope I can find one before it comes to that. Do you know anything about the vortech t rex pumps they are on ebay for not that much. Idk just looking for a good direct replacement for my broken one. Thanks for your time and any help would be great.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:11 PM
tylerxfire

i would def. go with the same pump so things dont get messed up with the fmu readings...check this link, im not sure what size the inline pump is actually withe the vortech kits but id guess its the 155?.find out for sure which size pump it is and part number from vortech and superchargers online is probably the cheapest bet for a new one. unless you find someone on here with one..
http://superchargersonline.com/produ...tem_pumpfilter

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-20-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Quick Reply: My New Z with a Vortech