Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Just purchased a 08 350z

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010 | 08:44 PM
Sd Livin

Originally Posted by illjim69
Could just be my browser, but those pics aren't working.
o damn thats weird . I checked and its not lowered soo idk maybe a wierd angle?
Old 04-14-2010 | 09:40 PM
BaoZer

...and also are those g35 wheels?
Old 04-14-2010 | 09:48 PM
BloodRedZ

No offense to you my friend but the stock wheels look ALOT better than the G35 ones you have on there. Just my opinion. I just suggest you do alot more research on a big purchase. Looks like you went in there not knowing much about the car you wanted. It's fine though, hopefully it was just the pre-owner being a *****. You got a decent price but you could have stolen it if you pressured the salesman about the wheels, headlights, ect.

I know you might get offended by some comments because you are already attatched to the car ( trust me i LOVE my Z and i dont like hearing any negative comments towards it) But just for the next time study up. I wish you the best buddy, drive and love that car! It was a great decision to buy it. Drive safe.
Old 04-15-2010 | 05:09 AM
FilthyZ

Eh don't sweat it man, just look for the parts on here or other forums, try eBaY as well. You may find a nice set of headlights for sub $1000. Don't listen to others about looks and style, if you like it then thats all that matters.
Old 04-15-2010 | 05:57 AM
illjim69

Avoid eBay.
Old 04-15-2010 | 02:17 PM
Sd Livin

I just wanna thanks everyone for the comments. Even though a lot of them are not exactly positive. Yes I know there older model lights and g35 wheels , but I love the car. It drives so nice and only has 13k miles. I can see why you guys are being so critical because you own a z, but see Im coming from an accord lol. So these little light /wheel thing doesn't make a difference. The vq engine is so nice. I don't think ill miss vtec haha .
Old 04-15-2010 | 02:19 PM
Sd Livin

Originally Posted by BloodRedZ
No offense to you my friend but the stock wheels look ALOT better than the G35 ones you have on there. Just my opinion. I just suggest you do alot more research on a big purchase. Looks like you went in there not knowing much about the car you wanted. It's fine though, hopefully it was just the pre-owner being a *****. You got a decent price but you could have stolen it if you pressured the salesman about the wheels, headlights, ect.

I know you might get offended by some comments because you are already attatched to the car ( trust me i LOVE my Z and i dont like hearing any negative comments towards it) But just for the next time study up. I wish you the best buddy, drive and love that car! It was a great decision to buy it. Drive safe.
haha yea I know I mean everyone on here has z's so of course they will critize. And yes man I love it. It's amazing
Old 04-20-2010 | 11:11 PM
PeterSellers

Oh. My. God.

You bought this car at Fullerton Auto Square?

I am sorry to have to tell you this, but I checked out that exact same car when I was helping my friend look for his Z. When we got there they told us that the Z "wasn't ready for sale yet" but they let us look at it anyways. I don't know why they did that because it was a wreck. The g35 wheels were curbed to **** (as you can somewhat see from the original pic you posted). The airbag was missing (WTF?). The salesman told us that someone came into their lot and stole a bunch of crap from a lot of the cars there including that airbag. Then he said they were just going to grab one from ebay and would have it in within a week. (Ok....not something you want to tell someone you're trying to sell a car to) Also, the front bumper had these weird orange-ish stains on it. Don't know what was up with that either.

Needless to say, we walked away disappointed and without a Z that day.

When we got back my friend ran a carfax on it (he works for an auto insurance place) and it had been reported to have been in an accident. I guess that's the real reason why the airbag was gone.

That "dealership" really gave me the creeps too...everything seemed really shady and most of the cars had ridiculous body kits on them. It seemed as though half of them had been previously stolen.

Anyways, damn, that sucks! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Edit: Just double checked the AutoCheck (not Carfax) report we pulled on it...looks like there was actually frame damage. ****!

03/06/2010
PACIFIC SW
Auto Auction
Frame Damage
AUCTION ANNOUNCED
REGION,
AS UNIBODY DAMAGE

Last edited by PeterSellers; 04-20-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-21-2010 | 12:25 AM
medic165

^^^ based on this info. I'd return the car for sure.
Old 04-21-2010 | 02:51 PM
Indy08Z

I feel so freaking bad for this guy. Is there anyway you could return this Z? OMG this sucks a fat one!!!
Old 04-22-2010 | 02:01 PM
NyCSnEaK

Old 04-22-2010 | 04:06 PM
carbon z

Before I would believe any of this last story, I would take the car to a reptable
body shop. Have someone take a look at the bumper area and front support
area. If there is any recent work as stated, a good shop should see it Also a
Z with standard headlights has H7 bulbs for low beams. My 03 has HID low
beams and used H7's for high beams. I upgraded to 8k HID low beams for
35$ for the pair. I bought the high beam conversion kit, bulbs, transformer,
and wiring kit for 85$. If the headlights are non HID, you can convert to total
HID for 170$.
Old 04-22-2010 | 07:53 PM
PeterSellers

Here's the autocheck report we ran on it, OP can verify the VIN on his car.
Attached Thumbnails Just purchased a 08 350z-capture.jpg  
Old 04-23-2010 | 07:37 AM
Flick Montana

Originally Posted by cf350zblack
lol my friends r8 will beat the hr z i think .. lol
Unrelated. Go away.

I want to hear from the OP again after seeing this report. I'd be fuming if I wasn't told the car had reported frame damage...
Old 04-23-2010 | 07:59 AM
MDHRZ

Well this thread just took a turn....
Old 04-23-2010 | 12:49 PM
JDM555

Oh wow, that is horrible. If the vin matches, I would go back to the dealer with the printed report and tell them you want a refund. You're saying you got the 08 Z with 13k miles for $21,000?

Please tell me it's not a base, because if it is, you got ripped off BIG time. Even if it was an upper model, missing HID's that are $1200, missing OEM wheels, missing an airbag, AND having frame damage shouldn't even be anywhere over $20,000.

I really hope you can do something about this because I know how dirty and shady used car dealers are in CA. Never buy from them and most of the time cars sold at auctions are cars in accidents or not in great condition. I'd only trust buying from a Private Party, sure many cars get in fender benders, but frame damage is a little extreme.

They will put the blame on you and say "a sale is a sale", wouldn't be surprised if it said "Sold As-Is" in any of the bill of sales/paperwork you signed.

Please keep us updated.

Last edited by JDM555; 04-23-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-23-2010 | 12:59 PM
somanymods

rofl

i like the g35 wheels if it makes u feel any better rofl
Old 04-24-2010 | 01:31 PM
JDM555

Give us an update mang, what happened?
Old 04-24-2010 | 01:48 PM
MDHRZ

Rumor has it that the OP went on a rampage and locked all of the employees in a freezer and burned that bish down .
Old 04-24-2010 | 07:17 PM
Indy08Z

I think either A) he's gone back to the dealership and waiting to hear the outcome before he tell's us or B) he has quit looking at this thread and tried to forget about what all has transpired since his first initial post.

Quick Reply: Just purchased a 08 350z