Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New Here. Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 07:18 PM
MrCaBBiT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Here. Need Advice

I am planning to buy a MY04 Z but i'm stuck deciding between a touring 6spd and a track model. I know about the published differences between them ( leather seats vs cloth, lighter wheels on track, etc) but about other differences? I heard that the track model had a harder suspension setting and a noisier cabin, can anyone confirm these or other differences?

Also, whats a good price for a touring or track model in the L.A. / O.C area?

Thanks.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:34 AM
ztropic

I opted for a track simply because it already has a good bunch of performance parts on it. No need to spend $$ on it later, although wider wheels would have been nicer. I live in Florida, so I didn't want the leather (burns your a$$), and I'm not too much into all the bells and whistles. I traded in my loaded '02 Yukon to get the Z, and quite honestly I like not having all the buttons and gadgets.
As far as the ride goes, well I drove it from Maine to Florida and I have no complaints!!

Unless, you absolutely love leather, must have a nav system, 6 disc changer, etc. etc. then I would go with the track model. The Z is, afterall a sports car.

No idea on price out West, I paid $29,900 for mine as a left over last month.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:37 AM
EL Diablo

Depends in lots o things, what you want on and in the car as well as your budget. I've got an 04TRACK and love it! The only real Performance diff between the TRACK and the Touring is the Wheels/Brakes and the VDC(Turn mine off). otherwise the cars are the same. with the price diff and a few extra bucks between a Touring and a Track you can make a Touringing into a Track by adding wheels/brakes. That way you can choose what wheels you like. I've seen Touring Models hooked up and they look killer.

Spend it now or spend it later.

The guy above me ztropic says he paid 29,900 for a TRACK
thats around 5000 below MSRP. Hmmmmmm seems very low to me. Must have had miles on it. I paid 35K for my 04.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:46 AM
FRIT-Z

Default DB Touring

I have the 03 DB Touring w/ 6 speed mt with everything but the nav system. I love it, I did upgrade wheels/tires and plan on more brake work in the future.

I am happy with the heated leather seats and the entire interior for that matter. And by the way, the Touring model has VDC as well, I turn mine off when roads are dry.

Find one you like and are happy with and go from there, plenty of great mods out there already and more coming every week.

Vroommmmmm....

Frit-z
Old 11-26-2003, 10:01 AM
Alang

Like people have said, it depends on what you want. Suspension wise and drive train wise the cars are identical (assuming a 6 sp touring). The brembos are great for light duty performance driving, and are much more fade resistant than the touring brakes. If you don't really do any canyon running or autocross, its probably not worth it. However if you are doing open track events, get a perf or an enth. and upgrade to a big brake kit, and racing rims and you'll be much happier.

I got the Track simply because I pre-ordered before the final specs were released, and hoped that the track would have a better suspension. In the end, the suspensions are identical, so I upgraded to the S-Tune suspension and am very happy. Were I to do it today, I would probably get a perf and upgrade the brakes and wheels which probably would have netted enough to pay for the S-Tune suspension when compared to the cost of a track.

Good luck
Old 11-26-2003, 11:08 AM
ztropic

I did get a great deal on mine. It sat on the dealer lot for eight months...not much demand for sports cars in central Maine. Mid October I went in and bargained. They just wanted it off the floor, otherwise it'd just sit there until next spring.

Last edited by ztropic; 11-26-2003 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:48 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally posted by ztropic
I opted for a track simply because it already has a good bunch of performance parts on it. No need to spend $$ on it later, although wider wheels would have been nicer. I live in Florida, so I didn't want the leather (burns your a$$), and I'm not too much into all the bells and whistles. I traded in my loaded '02 Yukon to get the Z, and quite honestly I like not having all the buttons and gadgets.
As far as the ride goes, well I drove it from Maine to Florida and I have no complaints!!

Unless, you absolutely love leather, must have a nav system, 6 disc changer, etc. etc. then I would go with the track model. The Z is, afterall a sports car.

No idea on price out West, I paid $29,900 for mine as a left over last month.
Wow, 29,900 for a NEW 03 Track? Are you serious? Where did you buy?

MSRP is $34,180 and Invoice is $31,254
Old 11-27-2003, 06:13 AM
ztropic

I purchased at Darling's Nissan/Honda/Volvo in Bangor, ME. They are some of the best people I have ever dealt with. Highly recommended (not only for the deals they offer, but for excellent customer service) My salesman, Jason, let me take the Z out for numerous test drives without any protest. Finally, after about five drives I decided to get it (it was between the RX-8 and the Z)