Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Just bought my Z Yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Trey3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my Z Yesterday!

Hey guys! I'm Trey from VA, I'm 16 and I have a '05 Custom Colorado it was my first car and I just bought my 2006 350Z Yesterday! It should be here by this Thursday and I'm very excited... I've been wanting and saving for a Z for a while... I work for my dad at the garage we own... I've been working on cars since I was in 4th grade. I'll post some pictures ( If I can ) of the Z. ( It is wrecked but won't take but a week or two to fix ). But I Love It!
Attached Thumbnails Just bought my Z Yesterday!-350z1.jpg   Just bought my Z Yesterday!-350z2.jpg   Just bought my Z Yesterday!-350z4.jpg   Just bought my Z Yesterday!-350z5.jpg   Just bought my Z Yesterday!-350z7.jpg  

Old 06-25-2011, 06:00 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Welcome and good luck with the repairs.

Any reason your age was included in your post (hint - it doesn't matter)?
Old 06-25-2011, 06:13 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Welcome and congratulations. Good luck with the repairs - keep us updated.

Be sure to check out the following threads:

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...questions.html

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...e-posting.html
Old 06-25-2011, 06:14 AM
Trey3

My bad! I don't know just figured I would say some things about myself ( hint - new members introduction )
Old 06-25-2011, 06:15 AM
kno

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

damn you havent even driven it and its already crashed, kids these days :P
Old 06-25-2011, 06:17 AM
Trey3

I know... I guess we are really bad drivers lol. Nah, my dad has this site you hafta have like a dealers license or a different kind to buy. But anyway we buy all of our cars like that... I mean it's cheaper... You can fix them up yourself if not better... And I like to customize a little bit so? Why not lol
Old 06-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Trey3

Here are some pictures of my first :] I had to fix the roof where it was crushed in a bed side rocker and fenders and bumper and all custom by me
Attached Thumbnails Just bought my Z Yesterday!-copy-3-of-colorado8.jpg   Just bought my Z Yesterday!-colorado7.jpg   Just bought my Z Yesterday!-colorado13.jpg  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:27 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome and congratulations. Some TLC and lots of hours ahead for you. The entire rear suspension passenger side must be replaced?
Old 06-25-2011, 06:37 AM
NISMOtuner

so do you do all of your own body work? bc if so, thats really admirable. i hate all these kids that get everything handed down to them like its some kind of entitlemen. but actually having to build and fix your own car by hand builds a level of respect for your car that cant be gotten any other way. thats how i started out in cars was when my grandfather (who worked for GM in detroit) and dad bought me a car with a blown engine and taught me how to build a car. lessons that stick with you for life!

welcome! and congrats on your new project. just dont go too wild with the paint plz. lol
Old 06-25-2011, 07:01 AM
Trey3

Nah, just have to replace the springs... It happens to alotta z's when they're wrecked... that's why it sits the way it is :/

so do you do all of your own body work? bc if so, thats really admirable. i hate all these kids that get everything handed down to them like its some kind of entitlemen. but actually having to build and fix your own car by hand builds a level of respect for your car that cant be gotten any other way. thats how i started out in cars was when my grandfather (who worked for GM in detroit) and dad bought me a car with a blown engine and taught me how to build a car. lessons that stick with you for life!

welcome! and congrats on your new project. just dont go too wild with the paint plz. lol
Yes I do, do all the body work myself And I know what you mean... That's why I don't act stupid about my truck... I mean it may not look like much but I had long hours in that thing... I sanded all the orange pill out of it buffed it... Had to tape it off for paint and paint it myself, body work... Sanding... Bondo... Spot welding... welding... And everything... Even buying custom parts ( wheels, speakers ) and normal parts myself, And I respect it and I plan on doing the same for this... And nah... I'll probably leave it blue... I was considering burnt orange but... I like the blue might change tint but that's all... And being in high school... I see kids that get mustangs and stuff and they act like it's nothing and see my dad almost begged me to get a mustang but I wanted a z there's about 12 mustangs at my school and I like to be different there's not as many and I just like the Z ;] and I wouldn't respect my cars if I didn't work on them or pay for them honestly...
Old 06-25-2011, 07:11 AM
NISMOtuner

good man. growing up, my dad wanted me to get a muscle car so bad but i refused. ive always been a big import guy. i kinda enjoy being the underdog. so my dads thing was: if i wanna race rice rockets, ill do it out of my own pocket... so i did! glad to see there are still some kids (no disrespect) out there that know how to grow up right! glad your joining the community.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Trey3

I mean I love muscle cars... I like whatever I like I don't prefer to have Chevy over Ford or the other way around... I just like what looks good or whatever... And he's had alot of Mustangs and just loves them... To me I'm tired of them I'm tired of seeing them... But we have a '67 Camaro we're working on right now... And today actually but I wanted a 350Z... I like the styling and just everything about 'em. So whatever haha... My dad was giving me the " I don't want my son to have a tuner... People that come up here expect me to have muscle cars not tuners " I was like well it's my car I bought it... Just tellem it's mine... Lol Whatever XD I can't wait till it gets here!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:24 AM
ZS14RR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Trey3
I know... I guess we are really bad drivers lol. Nah, my dad has this site you hafta have like a dealers license or a different kind to buy. But anyway we buy all of our cars like that... I mean it's cheaper... You can fix them up yourself if not better... And I like to customize a little bit so? Why not lol
very true..

You picked the car up from a insurance auction and the damage doesnt seem too bad for you since you do this type of work..

im gussing you picked up for like 5,000...

you going to cut out and replace the quarter panel?
Old 06-25-2011, 08:25 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by kno
damn you havent even driven it and its already crashed, kids these days :P

Welcome OP, be safe out there
Old 06-25-2011, 08:45 AM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Good introduction lil homie. Props for you for doing all your work on your own and being humble at the same time. 17yr old get flamed upon sight, but you have earned a new level of respect. Please update us with the repairs, lights, bumper, paint, etc.

btw is that rear rim reusable? hard to tell in the picture
Old 06-25-2011, 11:12 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 403 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel
Good introduction lil homie. Props for you for doing all your work on your own and being humble at the same time. 17yr old get flamed upon sight, but you have earned a new level of respect. Please update us with the repairs, lights, bumper, paint, etc.

btw is that rear rim reusable? hard to tell in the picture
troooo dat.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:13 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Truck looks pretty good man, nice work.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:37 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad you're going to resurrect your Z and not junk it
Old 06-25-2011, 08:23 PM
sfearl1

That's my old car. There's a lot more wrong back there than just the spring... I was hit by an eighteen wheeler. The entire suspension is shot and the axle is pushed over about 4-6 inches on that side. The wheel is cracked too. All of the airbags deployed on that side as well. The other 3 wheels are ok and the engine is fine. I wanted to keep the car but insurance totaled damages out over $16k so they cut me a check.

If it makes you feel any better OP, the car was very well taken care of. All maintenance was done early and the engine still has the Motordyne mrev2 and plenum spacer installed.

Good luck man, I'm interested to follow your progress and see it brought back to life.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:36 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sfearl1
That's my old car. There's a lot more wrong back there than just the spring... I was hit by an eighteen wheeler. The entire suspension is shot and the axle is pushed over about 4-6 inches on that side. The wheel is cracked too. All of the airbags deployed on that side as well. The other 3 wheels are ok and the engine is fine. I wanted to keep the car but insurance totaled damages out over $16k so they cut me a check.

If it makes you feel any better OP, the car was very well taken care of. All maintenance was done early and the engine still has the Motordyne mrev2 and plenum spacer installed.

Good luck man, I'm interested to follow your progress and see it brought back to life.

Must be a strange feeling to see you old Z here again. Quite a coincidence.

Quick Reply: Just bought my Z Yesterday!