Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

I'm a Z owner! Interlagos Fire in Charlotte NC

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 11:33 AM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since we both got the same car and the rarest color on earth, im selling my custom MINE'S carbon fiber front lip if your interested.

Pics: https://i.imgur.com/KqwmY.jpg

more pics on my galleries: https://my350z.com/forum/members/115...-metallic.html

$420 shipped.

hit me a PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:15 AM
Bober'z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome and congrats, love that color
Old 11-20-2011, 11:14 AM
big_dish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *ICE*
since we both got the same car and the rarest color on earth, im selling my custom MINE'S carbon fiber front lip if your interested.

Pics: https://i.imgur.com/KqwmY.jpg

more pics on my galleries: https://my350z.com/forum/members/115...-metallic.html

$420 shipped.

hit me a PM.
Thanks for the offer, I think if I was to ever buy a lip, I go the cheap-o route... too many damage opportunities for my liking to have something so expensive right there.

Originally Posted by Bober'z
welcome and congrats, love that color
Thanks!

Cant wait to get all the mods up and running.. Yesterday I replaced my rear speakers with some components. Could they make that any more difficult? Jeez. lol

Off topic a bit, but I've been searching and cant find an answer to what I am wondering. When I step on the gas, as I shift into 2nd or 3rd gear (for instance) there is a short lag in response time. Is this normal for the uprev engines? Anyone know? It almost feels like what automatics feel like when you punch the gas. Or is this a drive-by-wire thing? I haven't ever driven another Z. Hoping its not a tranny issue.

Last edited by big_dish; 11-20-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:23 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Does it take time for the engine to start revving up (slow throttle response) - or does the engine start revving, but it takes time for the car to start moving faster (slow drivetrain response)?
Old 11-20-2011, 11:54 AM
big_dish

It seems to be the slower drivetrain response to me. Sound like an issue? Its only a half second or less, if that helps... just doesnt seem like instant power.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:32 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

If the car revs and you don't move, it's probably your clutch.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:26 PM
big_dish

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
If the car revs and you don't move, it's probably your clutch.
Hopefully thats covered in my powertrain warranty. I need to have a once-over done on it anyway in the next week or two. Guess I'll have them make sure they check on that. Thanks for helping!
Old 12-17-2011, 02:55 PM
big_dish

Well, I ended up needing a new clutch. Found an Exedy clutch kit (OEM type) and my shop is one of the few that can refinish our flywheels. Got the dealer to pitch in $500 on it so the whole thing was very affordable.

Anyway, I made some updates to the car but didnt want to start a new thread or anything, so I'll just post in here.

Bought burnt orange leather seats and shifter boot from leatherseats.com. IMO, they look awesome. Everyone that see's them loves them too. I could tighten up a few very minor spots, but I figure I'll see if the summer hear tightens it at all before I go through that hassle again. I installed it all myself, and its not easy, but not exactly hard either. More time consumingly difficult than anything. Also installed Clarion cx-501. As you can see from the pics, you can program the colors to look just like stock (the pic makes it look slightly off, but in real life it is dead on). Sound on stock speakers is WAY better than the crap stock head unit, and it looks very stock. I used a strip of black vinyl to cover the logos, so it looks like a generic stock unit. I like it a lot (dont like aftermarket head units), and its nice to have bluetooth back. I also switched out all interior lights and license plates with LEDs. So much better.

Pics (iPhone) of everything:
The iphone makes the seats look very orange, they are the OEM color in person.

Last edited by big_dish; 12-17-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:09 PM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now only if you have OEM Brembo to pull off the orange accent, that would be sick. Does your seat retain the electric adjuster and heater? I might get some orange seats later on.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:14 PM
big_dish

Originally Posted by *ICE*
now only if you have OEM Brembo to pull off the orange accent, that would be sick. Does your seat retain the electric adjuster and heater? I might get some orange seats later on.
Yeah I would love to get the Brembos. The color really ties together in direct sunlight, when the Interlagos Fire turns the car into a bronze color. These pics didnt pic that up at all, and they also made the seats look more orange than they are.

As far as heaters and power, if your car has them then yes, it would retain those functions. If it doesnt, you can add heaters, but not power (that I'm aware. They basically just take the place of the factory seat covers. Its a direct swap.

My interior smells like new leather now, which is a great added bonus!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:50 AM
ShOrTBu2

She looks great, which bulb did you use for the headlamp? Been meaning to do that to mine but never know what to buy lol.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:02 AM
big_dish

Originally Posted by ShOrTBu2
She looks great, which bulb did you use for the headlamp? Been meaning to do that to mine but never know what to buy lol.
For the interior dome? I just found the size of the light (either on here or on owners manual) and then found the corresponding bulbs on ebay. They are only a couple bucks. I got the 12 LED bulbs, its pretty damn bright.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:49 AM
JMII

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Those seats look great... any more info on them? I assume its just a leather kit which allowed you to cover the stock seats once the fabric was removed. My car is orange on the outside so orange seats would be sweet. At some point my current black leather will give up the ghost so I'm trying to gauge my options. Would love a two-tone look like my wife's Volvo (cream/tan) but with black bolsters and orange bottom/back!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:08 PM
prat7728

looks great love the color combination
Old 12-27-2011, 12:25 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Was skeptical about orange seats but turned out well. Nice choice.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:37 AM
big_dish

Originally Posted by JMII
Those seats look great... any more info on them? I assume its just a leather kit which allowed you to cover the stock seats once the fabric was removed. My car is orange on the outside so orange seats would be sweet. At some point my current black leather will give up the ghost so I'm trying to gauge my options. Would love a two-tone look like my wife's Volvo (cream/tan) but with black bolsters and orange bottom/back!
Yeah leatherseats.com... I was working with Tim and he answered all of my questions and was very helpful. You could do the Orange and Black no problem. My original color choice was LeMans with Orange, but then decided to go with a newer model, and Interlagos Fire was a second favorite color. Your car would look slick with seats like those.

The installation is pretty simple in terms of directions, but its not exactly easy. You need patience and a bit of elbow grease, more than technical skill. Its just: remove seats, take off old cloth, clip in new leather, and put seats back in. There is a lot of stretching and pulling involved in between, but like I said, its not "rocket surgery" lol, just a challenging little project.

On a scale of 1-10

Technical skill involved- 2
Elbow Grease involved- 7
Time- 5
Reward- 10

Seats look great in person, and I get a ton of compliments on them (I dont tell people I just installed them, people comment on their own).

Call them and talk to Tim- he can answer any questions about your specific color request. You can also do leather/alcantara, or different grains etc. Its pretty cool.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:41 AM
big_dish

Originally Posted by prat7728
looks great love the color combination
Originally Posted by davidv
Was skeptical about orange seats but turned out well. Nice choice.
Thanks guys, it makes a world of difference over black.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:53 AM
JMII

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by big_dish
Yeah leatherseats.com... I was working with Tim and he answered all of my questions and was very helpful. You could do the Orange and Black no problem.
Thanks for the info. As is my black leather (still in good shape) has orange stitching but I'd love to take it up a notch with orange insets.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:49 PM
big_dish

Got this bad boy in the mail (well, UPS) from Momentum Performance this week.

I wont be putting it on for a month or so though. Looking into springs/spacers and body kits right now, so I'll probably have it all installed at once bc this is my dd. Unfortunately this box is enormous and I have no storage lol.. its just chilling on my apartment floor right inside my front door.