Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

I'm a Z owner! Interlagos Fire in Charlotte NC

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 07:23 PM
big_dish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm a Z owner! Interlagos Fire in Charlotte NC

Just bought it today! 2006 with 49,000 miles on it. Got a 36,000 mile engine/powertrain warranty and 2 years of free oil changes from the dealer- for "free" from the dealer. Happy with the "no cost" add-ons!

This board has been invaluable for me from day one, when I decided I may be interested in the Z. It grew from a casual interest to a full blown addiction.

I'm a 5 time VW owner, moved south (from Ohio) and decided now that I'm out of the snow, its time for RWD.

Anyway, my very immediate mod list (next couple weeks) is:
-Leather seats (either leatherseats.com or local upholster- unless anyone has any other suggestions)
-Springs (although I suddenly see people referring to also having to get camber arms or something- I've never heard of this from a German car standpoint??)
-25mm Spacers (although I have no idea which to buy or where to buy them)
-a 2003 console so I can do the 7" navigation screen mod
-Change out orange reflectors in bumper
-possibly tint my tails a little bit- the bright red doesnt look quite right. Not sure yet on this.

In the future I may go coilovers (not unless I bought new wheels) and the chargespeed kit. I'd like to black out my headlights but likely will never risk pulling them apart/cooking them. I'd like a new audio system, but I'm 33 so the multiple subwoofer thing isnt for me anymore. Maybe installing a single in the would-be factory spot behind the drivers seat.

Some people dont like this color, but personally I love it! I think bronze wheels would look great with it.

And my last car if anyone is interested: 2008 Passat Turbo

Last edited by big_dish; 11-16-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Car looks great. Love that color. I'm in Burlington maybe I'll catch you at some future meets/events. You just missed a huge Z meet in Charlotte.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Steve@Captive
Vendor - Former Vendor

Nice looking car! I have the same year / color I love it. Welcome to the site!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:32 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Enjoy that rare beast.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:08 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Unique color. Congratulations.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:31 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,667 Posts

I always mistake that color for brickyard, looks great.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:42 AM
08panna

With the lowering spring out there, you will need to buy a rear camber kit. It consists of rear camber arms and toe bolts with more adjustability so you can get it back close to stock alignment.

As for spacers, check out the spacer thread. Tons of good information and what different sizes look like. 25mm will look good for your application.

Check out the vendor marketplace here on the forum. I have bought my springs, camber kit, test pipes and spacers all from vendors from this forum. They usually give you a good discount by contacting them on here too.

Congrats on the new car, it looks good. Have fun modding and remember, always search
Old 11-17-2011, 04:56 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats. must feel good to finally be out of the snow.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:52 AM
big_dish

Thanks for the welcome guys, glad to be a part of the community!

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z
Car looks great. Love that color. I'm in Burlington maybe I'll catch you at some future meets/events. You just missed a huge Z meet in Charlotte.
Bad timing is the story of my car life. haha... I was going to check out the regional threads in the next few days, does much go on around here?

Originally Posted by 08panna
With the lowering spring out there, you will need to buy a rear camber kit. It consists of rear camber arms and toe bolts with more adjustability so you can get it back close to stock alignment.

Congrats on the new car, it looks good. Have fun modding and remember, always search
Yeah thats what I was referring to.. I had never heard any of that before. Just to keep it in one thread, is this a neccessary step? I doubt I'd have springs much longer than maybe 10k miles before I have new wheels and Coilovers.

Originally Posted by BoomerZ33
congrats. must feel good to finally be out of the snow.
Oh man, you feel my pain up in NJ. Its a rough life living in warmer weather, let me tell you! I dont regret my decision to move for a single second.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:34 AM
Looch

Welcome and nice color!

Like somebody else mentioned check out the Spacers thread in the Wheels section

I'd read through Suspension 101 as well, it will make you much more comfortable with your future decisions regarding springs, coils, arms, etc.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:28 AM
08panna

Rear camber kit is needed for both lowering springs and coilovers. But scoluccio is right, read the Suspension 101 thread. It will definitely help you out
Old 11-17-2011, 12:13 PM
350Zensokou

Welcome Bro, hope to see you at the local meets or just around town.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by big_dish
Bad timing is the story of my car life. haha... I was going to check out the regional threads in the next few days, does much go on around here?
Eh not really. In Greensboro there's an import meet every Thursday with 150+ that show up. But probably not worth driving an hr and a half. but just keep an eye on the regional forums and there will be some events popping up I'm sure.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:27 PM
big_dish

Just bought seats and a shift boot from leatherseats.com. Burnt Orange. It will either look great, or be a big fail. I'm taking the chance hoping it will be worth it.

Originally Posted by scoluccio
Welcome and nice color!

Like somebody else mentioned check out the Spacers thread in the Wheels section

I'd read through Suspension 101 as well, it will make you much more comfortable with your future decisions regarding springs, coils, arms, etc.
Originally Posted by 08panna
Rear camber kit is needed for both lowering springs and coilovers. But scoluccio is right, read the Suspension 101 thread. It will definitely help you out
Thanks for the info... my somewhat cheap drop idea is getting more expensive every time I log in here! haha... I'll read up on that stuff.

Originally Posted by 350Zensokou
Welcome Bro, hope to see you at the local meets or just around town.

Thanks man, and yeah I need to catch up on the happenings around here. One of my friends owns a euro tuning shop here so I always knew of the good German events... I need to start looking for groups now that I've changed my stripes. What part of Charlotte are you in?
Old 11-17-2011, 12:29 PM
big_dish

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z
Eh not really. In Greensboro there's an import meet every Thursday with 150+ that show up. But probably not worth driving an hr and a half. but just keep an eye on the regional forums and there will be some events popping up I'm sure.
Cool. It may be worth it to drive up there once or twice while the car is still so new to me. Thats a rough day though. Work, drive up 1.5 hours, hang out, drive down 1.5 hours, pass out.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:54 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great car, man... I love that car & your excitement comes through in your posts, so I'm excited for you.

The camber arms & bolts aren't expensive at all, and you're lucky that you have a really good Z shop right there in Charlotte. They can give you great advice and do some quality work on things like that if you're not comfortable or don't have the tools yourself. I've been impressed with the stuff that I've seen from Bobby and his team at CIN Motorsports, and I'm going to be working with them on some of my own upgrades this coming month.

Maybe we'll run into each other at one of the Charlotte Cars & Coffee or other events sometime in Charlotte.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:57 AM
big_dish

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
Great car, man... I love that car & your excitement comes through in your posts, so I'm excited for you.

The camber arms & bolts aren't expensive at all, and you're lucky that you have a really good Z shop right there in Charlotte. They can give you great advice and do some quality work on things like that if you're not comfortable or don't have the tools yourself. I've been impressed with the stuff that I've seen from Bobby and his team at CIN Motorsports, and I'm going to be working with them on some of my own upgrades this coming month.

Maybe we'll run into each other at one of the Charlotte Cars & Coffee or other events sometime in Charlotte.
Thanks Sparkle, and yes I am very excited. I have an awesome grown up toy. haha...

I'm pretty sure CIN motorsports worked out of the same building as my buddy that owns the euro shop. I'll have to check them out, it will definitely be nice to have a good shop right around the corner that knows what they are doing.

How often is cars and coffee? Every week?

Oh, a few pics from a real, non-iphone camera:

Old 11-18-2011, 10:30 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Welcome and congratulations. Nice color.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:56 AM
BornSlippyZ

Congrats on the Z op!
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

http://charlotte.carsandcoffee.info

first Saturday of every month (weather permitting) from 9:00am to 11:00am at North Lake Mall (I-77 Ext 18) Panera Bread Co. at 6801 Northlake Mall Drive, Charlotte NC 28216

Quick Reply: I'm a Z owner! Interlagos Fire in Charlotte NC