Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

mods on new z

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 02:21 PM
jdrfootball54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Josh,
All that sounds awesome I didn't know they made clear markers but they are sick and I'm pretty much doing everything that you listed. thanks a lot bud

Last edited by jdrfootball54; 05-12-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Josh|Swag

Originally Posted by jdrfootball54
Thanks Josh,
All that sounds awesome I didn't know they made clear markers but they are sick and I'm pretty much doing everything that you listed. thanks a lot bud
Yeah anytime.
Good luck with your graduation and everything, I'm only a few years older than you. Let me know if you need to know anything else, feel free to pm me man.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:54 PM
Nismomonkey

Not a fan of the wheels, the lights, or the exhaust Id remove that tail light tint, tint the windows, get a stubby antenna (not the S2k, it's too big still), do the spacer and headers with HFC or test pipes, tune it all together then start working on the suspension/brakes/wheels so you can successfully track the car. Im sure a single exhaust would grow on me with time, but it just looks silly to me right now.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:10 PM
JRed350z

I agree with basically everything everyone said on here.. I have a redline Z too, and yeah remove that taillight tint.. and def go with coilovers but I wouldnt go with those cheap MDU ones the quality on them is crap from what I've heard.. if you gonna do it I say do it right the first time and in the for sale section you can randomly find a really nice set of coilovers for a good deal.. granted that still means spending anywhere from 750-1000 on coilovers atleast but the ride quality and handling will be worth it.. I got a set of KW V3s on here for a pretty good deal.. in the end its your money and your car so go with what you like.. good luck man

oh also idk why someone said dont drift it.. I drift mine, just do it at an event where the walls and light post are no where to be seen haha.. and maybe get a few pointers from some other people.. but its def fun
Old 05-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Josh|Swag

Originally Posted by JRed350z
I agree with basically everything everyone said on here.. I have a redline Z too, and yeah remove that taillight tint.. and def go with coilovers but I wouldnt go with those cheap MDU ones the quality on them is crap from what I've heard.. if you gonna do it I say do it right the first time and in the for sale section you can randomly find a really nice set of coilovers for a good deal.. granted that still means spending anywhere from 750-1000 on coilovers atleast but the ride quality and handling will be worth it.. I got a set of KW V3s on here for a pretty good deal.. in the end its your money and your car so go with what you like.. good luck man

oh also idk why someone said dont drift it.. I drift mine, just do it at an event where the walls and light post are no where to be seen haha.. and maybe get a few pointers from some other people.. but its def fun
I've actually read nothing but good reviews from people who actually use the mdu's, so before you go bashing them, I think you should do a little homework yourself.
I've been hawking the b/s/t section for a pair of stance gr, kw, or bc coilovers for a while and have come up empty handed for months now.. so I'm not sure how you figured that one out either.

Anyways, just some insight. He said he was limited to a budget, that's why those coilovers were the ones mentioned.
Of course he'd be better off going with more expensive coilovers.. but you have to take into consideration the things he initially stated.