Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

noob attention whore!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:06 AM
Nismo44512

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CF wrapped stock hood might look kinda lame, I'd say wrap your mirrors, center bumper part, and try the roof, CF roofs look pretty sweet IMO! And your grille might look pretty cool if you paint it black, or a dark grey like the 06+ have.
Originally Posted by onetimebob
it appears the billet grille is a mount on. I checked under the hood and saw that the stock grille is still intact. now I'm just going to paint the billet just for kicks to see how it looks.

I ordered some of the 3m 1080 cf gloss vinyl for the hood, mirrors, and lip below the grille. prolly apply that this weekend along with the painted grille to see if its hot or not.

I would paint the wheels, but one or two peeps have expressed interest in them for their Zs.And I'm more than willing to sell!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:18 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

welcome and congrats
remove grille
sell wheels
shop around for wing.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:24 AM
onetimebob

oops! I'm not doing the hood, its the roof that I'm doing. the hood would be a little much I thought.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:18 AM
Nismo44512

I'm in for pics when you finish!
Originally Posted by onetimebob
oops! I'm not doing the hood, its the roof that I'm doing. the hood would be a little much I thought.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:09 AM
onetimebob

Originally Posted by Nismo44512
I'm in for pics when you finish!
gotcha
Old 08-21-2012, 09:37 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as said..wheels and grill need to go asap..congrats
Old 08-21-2012, 02:46 PM
GunslingerG34

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The wheels aren't totally bad, but I do agree they would look better if you sprayed the center sections black. I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I actually like the billet grill insert! Many on here seem to hate them, but then again many on here dislike anything that doesn't fit into their narrow paradigm of Volks wheels (or clones) and super-cheesy body kits that make a Z look like a mechanical abortion. But bottom line: It's YOUR car! You modify it (or don't modify it) to meet YOUR desires, not others! What I think or anyone else thinks is irrelevant! I know if I can ever figure out how to post pictures on here (STILL can't find any freakin' instructions on how to do that, lol) I will probably catch hell over my car because no one here seems to like Nismo LMZ5 wheels on a 350Z, but I think they look absolutely perfect on a roadster. And I've got a similar billet insert (that admittedly will disappear when I install a Nismo V2 nose). And, horror of horrors, I have a factory antenna! I have to laugh when I see people list changing antennas as a "mod". Really?? Do you just really hate having a functional radio that bad?? No jab! I just find the whole antenna thing funny!
Overall it looks like you've got a VERY nice car there, and an excellent base to build from. Be sure to post pics as you modify her! (Now if I can just figure out how to post pics myself..............................)
Old 08-21-2012, 03:19 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm definitely a proponent for making your Z yours. God knows there's plenty of people that have hated what I've done with my Z's… hahaha!

When it's your new car to mod and play with, you'll find things that interest you to try out on your car (regardless of others' opinions). But it's true that over time you figure out what seems to "flow" right with the Z. Especially if you go to meets, etc. - after seeing a bazillion of them modded every possible way - you'll find that people begin to agree on what really flows nice on the car (not because of peer pressure or brandwhoring).

Enjoy it and keep us updated with pictures as you continue your journey!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:28 PM
onetimebob

Originally Posted by GunslingerG34
The wheels aren't totally bad, but I do agree they would look better if you sprayed the center sections black. I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I actually like the billet grill insert! Many on here seem to hate them, but then again many on here dislike anything that doesn't fit into their narrow paradigm of Volks wheels (or clones) and super-cheesy body kits that make a Z look like a mechanical abortion. But bottom line: It's YOUR car! You modify it (or don't modify it) to meet YOUR desires, not others! What I think or anyone else thinks is irrelevant! I know if I can ever figure out how to post pictures on here (STILL can't find any freakin' instructions on how to do that, lol) I will probably catch hell over my car because no one here seems to like Nismo LMZ5 wheels on a 350Z, but I think they look absolutely perfect on a roadster. And I've got a similar billet insert (that admittedly will disappear when I install a Nismo V2 nose). And, horror of horrors, I have a factory antenna! I have to laugh when I see people list changing antennas as a "mod". Really?? Do you just really hate having a functional radio that bad?? No jab! I just find the whole antenna thing funny!
Overall it looks like you've got a VERY nice car there, and an excellent base to build from. Be sure to post pics as you modify her! (Now if I can just figure out how to post pics myself..............................)
I agree, to each his own.

You're right, the wheels are not totally bad. They are starting to look kinda better in person, but that all goes out the window once i see another car with some better looking wheels! The wheels aren't a priority at the momemt, so whatevs.

As far as posting pics... do a google search on "image hosting" i use tinypic.com
Old 08-21-2012, 03:35 PM
pbgrep

Originally Posted by bmccann101
welcome.

use of the phrase "tee hee" is strictly forbidden.

Aside from that.. read the stickies and lurk/search before asking anything for a bit and youll be fine..
agreed, i was fine with your excitement of your new purchase, but as soon as i saw teehee I lost all respect
Old 08-25-2012, 01:49 PM
onetimebob

Cool

slapped some vinyle on that bad boy (girl)...check it out.

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...wrap-roof.html