Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

The story of my Z...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 02:07 PM
worstplayer66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The story of my Z...

Bought my Z from 07JimmyZ off this forum back at the beginning of November... I owned the car for just barely a month, and had my Varrstoens installed for 4 days when some lady ran a red light in and hit me. Ended up being $14k in damages when it was all said and done. I have to say though, the car came out great, looks way better than before and I couldn't be happier with the body work. You can't tell this car has been hit, it's that good. I was really weary about having the car repaired, because I see so much terrible body work every day, but I guess you just have to take it to the right shop. It took two months to fix it, but that did an awesome job. On to the pics...

Old 03-08-2013, 02:13 PM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

Is that the Circuit Sports rear diffuser that you can cap off for a single exhaust?
Old 03-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

looks good!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:28 PM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Looks very nice!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:33 PM
worstplayer66

Thanks everyone! Yep, Circuit Sports carbon diffuser with the cap.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:39 PM
ModBargains
Vendor - Former Vendor

Clean! love all the mods on your car
Old 03-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

does the cap just attach with double sided tape?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:45 PM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow what a reborn!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:16 PM
worstplayer66

It has two holes in it that you can put screws through... or they used rivets when they installed mine.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:31 PM
michaelm5

Love everything but the single exhaust
Old 03-09-2013, 06:55 AM
worstplayer66

Have you heard a single exhaust Z before? The sound is definitely worth any degradation in aesthetics. I wasn't too crazy about the single look at first, but it definitely grew on me.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

First glad you were ok. Second glad you're back on the road. Third thought.... Varrstoens & Toyo R888's????
Old 03-09-2013, 07:41 AM
omgitsweasel

Originally Posted by Robert_K
First glad you were ok. Second glad you're back on the road. Third thought.... Varrstoens & Toyo R888's????
lol i was just about to post this same thing, nearly verbatim.

sell the wheels to some stance kid, buy some real wheels (used works too), profit. youll thank us in the morning.
You might wait longer to find them, but if you buy real used wheels from someone who buys real new wheels, you are in turn helping the original wheel maker profit indirectly by supplementing funds for the people who buy them new from the manufacturers.

not trying to make this a soapbox, but ive seen cheap wheels explode during normal driving. Our cars arent hondas.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:52 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

repairs came out great
Old 03-09-2013, 10:07 AM
worstplayer66

They are Potenza RE01R's, but yes, I do have Varrstoen's that are essentially TE37 reps, but I don't think I'll ever bring myself to buy Volks. I understand your point of view, and I looked at a set of used XD9's also, but I'm happy with my decision to buy Varrstoens. The width and offset is perfect for our cars and I'm confident they will hold up well. I had Rotas on my Spec V for 4 years and beat the crap out of them, autox'd several times, and hit many jarring pot holes with my 10k spring rates and never bent a single wheel. I appreciate the input, but I know how to build a car, and I know exactly where I want to put my money into this car and what is most cost effective for my goals.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:27 AM
omgitsweasel

Well, when the real wheel companies stop producing wheels because they are being out sold by subpar knock-off wheels, what wheels are going to be replicated then? Replicas of knock-offs of stolen designs.. I wonder how many generations of replication we can go before the wheels are made from die-cast lead alloys like Hot Wheels cars are made from.
Then youll really have some HOT WHEELS wont you?
Old 03-09-2013, 12:15 PM
worstplayer66

I don't think that will ever be the case... just like any other product, people have a budget on how much they can spend. There will always be a market for high quality wheels and low quality reps. In all fairness, varrstoens aren't exactly reps of TE37's just like Rota Grids aren't exact replicas either. There's only so many different styles of wheels possible, and pretty much any 6 spoke wheel is going to be considered a TE37 rep.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by worstplayer66
I don't think that will ever be the case... just like any other product, people have a budget on how much they can spend. There will always be a market for high quality wheels and low quality reps. In all fairness, varrstoens aren't exactly reps of TE37's just like Rota Grids aren't exact replicas either. There's only so many different styles of wheels possible, and pretty much any 6 spoke wheel is going to be considered a TE37 rep.
Why that may be true... Those that buy rep drive the price up of a true quality wheel which than makes it even harder to for the consumer to purchase.

Again... Glad you're safe and car is fixed. But you fail on the knock-off wheels.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:27 PM
worstplayer66

Listen... I'm tired of going back and forth. It comes down to what you've heard time and time again since you were a little kid; if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You don't see me posting on your threads about the things I dislike about your car or the things I think you did wrong with your car. Trust me, there are plenty of things I really dislike about your car, but I keep it to myself because I'm not a pompous *******. So, thank you again for your input, but this isn't the first car that I've built and I don't need any advise on how I should spend my money or what I should have done with my car. When you start paying my bills, then maybe you can have some input on how I mod my car. My biggest pet peeve is people trying to tell other people what they did wrong with their car. If it's not your car, you shouldn't do anything but compliment someone else's car. Everyone has different tastes and different priorities. If you don't like what someone has done to their car, don't say anything at all; it's that simple.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

First... It's a car forum and when you post pictures or anything its going to be critique. Good or bad. And I've had more than a few critiques of my Z negatively. But the majority loves my Z. And not to "brag" but if I was too look from the outside (non-owner) to my Z... I'd agree with the majority. The fucker is bad ass.

Second, you bought shitty, knock-off wheels that hurt the market for those, like myself, that buy original, quality wheels/parts. You help drive the price up by buying knock-offs which in turn makes it harder for the public to purchase quality wheels. If you do the research you would see that you can get quality wheels for the same, sometimes less, than knock-off. Case in point... Enkei RPF1.

Lastly... I'm not telling you what to do with your money. I'm advising you from YEARS of experience that buying those Varrgross wheels you made a mistake. And I promise if you were in my shoes, owning quality wheels and parts you would be making the same argument. Because when I have to come up with even more money due to counterfeit parts being sold so I can own quality and original... It pisses me off! So don't be mad at me at a point you agree with.

Last edited by Robert_K; 03-09-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Quick Reply: The story of my Z...