Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New Owner of a 2008 350z!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 05:46 PM
GreyZ

Received 174 Likes on 130 Posts

I would consider rewiring that cruise stalk into easier to operate buttons or having it done by someone. It really shouldn't be too hard at all. Even if is doesn't seem like you use cruise much.. Definitely nice on a highway or trip. (that stalk is ugly though)

You definitely have the base option with an added spoiler, and leather seats and not vLSD.

And you probably have bose wiring and just the head unit has been replaced, the audio in the Zs are notorious for sounding like ****. So I would recommend looking into the audio section on this thread for some help.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:38 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry so much about not being mechanically inclined as there is always someone here who can probably explain in plain english anything that you want to do to your car. The search function is also a handy thing to use also as you can research or get opinions on any mods or upgrades you may decide to go ahead with. If you have half as much fun in your 350Z as I've had in mine then you'll be in love with your car for forever and a day.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:39 PM
TheDonZone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blu Hvn
Hi DonZone! CongratZ on the purchase! Your car has me confused but it does appear to have aftermarket cruise and, most likely, leather seat covers.

Thanks to Korner Karver for mentioning Heart of America Z Car Club. We are meeting tomorrow night, Yuesday March 11 at 7 pm at Brewbakers in Lenexa.
http://www.hazcc.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4153
Sorry I missed this post!! Sadly I work a lot so I didn't see the post until today. When is the next meeting?

Any particular reason you think there are leather seat covers? From what I have read, the base 350z comes standard with leather seats. They certainly don't seem like covers (unless you're talking about a different kind of cover than I am of course).
Old 03-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Base comes with cloth/manual seats
Old 03-13-2014, 05:44 PM
TheDonZone

Originally Posted by GreyZ
I would consider rewiring that cruise stalk into easier to operate buttons or having it done by someone. It really shouldn't be too hard at all. Even if is doesn't seem like you use cruise much.. Definitely nice on a highway or trip. (that stalk is ugly though)

You definitely have the base option with an added spoiler, and leather seats and not vLSD.

And you probably have bose wiring and just the head unit has been replaced, the audio in the Zs are notorious for sounding like ****. So I would recommend looking into the audio section on this thread for some help.
The cruise stalk has a complete range of motion. I can move it anywhere I want. The only reason it was way down there was so I could get a decent picture of it. There's no way I could drive with it down there (I'm 6'3"). I normally have it tucked up behind the signal stalk. It has an on/off switch, but I always leave it on, so I generally only have to tap the button on the end and it's active. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't strike me as inconvenient, and if I have it where I normally do, you wouldn't even know it's there unless you looked closely.

As for changing anything with the car, the thing I'm most interested in is changing over to LSD. I live in Kansas City and (for now) this is my only car, so I have to drive it, snow or no snow. It's my understanding that not only would LSD be a performance upgrade but would also help in the snow, so it's probably the mod with the most value for me. I'm pretty interested in eventually swapping in a Nismo suspension too.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:46 PM
TheDonZone

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z
Base comes with cloth/manual seats
So most likely it was reupholstered to leather? They definitely aren't covers in the sense that I'm thinking (something you slide over your existing seats). The only controls the seat has besides the manual lean/slide controls are two ***** on the side that I haven't figured out the purpose of yet. Possibly lumbar supports? I had a 1987 300zx a few years ago and it had them, so I just assumed it was the same thing with slightly different controls.