Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Lotus vs. Nismo Z

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 09:05 AM
alexfair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The funniest thing is, too many people think we are talking about stock Z's versus the lotus. When we are actually talking about the Nismo Z (hence the thread section), which way surpasses the stock Z in handling and feel. The Nismo Z was made to eat road courses. Not to dis the stock 350z handling, my 06 GT handled great and was a dream, all my co-workers loved the stories i had from driving it, but the new Nismo I have just ******* owns, instant hard on when corning.

And in a straight race or a road race, i'd just be happy to be part of that, the out come would be close, but the confidence the Nismo body gives in road handling I'd have to put my money on the Nismo.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
1 mph in a slalom is hardly anything to speak about.

Lotus does 13.5 at best at 101 mph in the 1/4. Our Z has shown 13.3 at 105 mph. 4 mph faster in the 1/4.

This is a huge advatage especially on the road course. If they both went at it, the NISMO Z would have no problems with the Lotus at all.

I'm not sure where you're getting your info. The Elise 1/4 is 12.9 and 0-60 is 4.9s. The Exige S has a 0-60 of 4.3-4.5s.

And the stats I got showed the NORMAL ELISE went about 74 mph in the Slalom. I have no idea as to the driving ability of the Edmunds drivers, but the NORMAL ELISE is lighter and MADE for corners. As good as the Nismo Z may be, it can't be better. And the EXIGE S is on another level. I love my Z man, and I've got 10k in suspension mods... but it's a different car.

I'm really sure your Nismo is a great car... but c'mon.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:02 AM
03BrickyardZ

Originally Posted by my_nismo
Last night I was out cruising around... and was going to park.. when I saw a Lotus Elise in the parking lot.. in a bright orange color.. (not sure the name of the color)

I parked next to it and took a few pictures.. I'll post them tomorrow...

I have to say.. it is a beautiful looking car.. for those of you that don't know of the elise.. you may be blown away by it's looks... but I actually went for a ride in one and that is what changed my mind... and made me decide on the Nismo..

From what I have read, the lotus and nismo are actually almost on par when it comes to handing (assuming you have some decent tires on your nismo)..

The brake times are also surprisingly better on the nismo than it is on the lotus..

Anyways... I sat outside for dinner overlooking my nismo and the elise.. and the person that owned the lotus left... I have to tell you.. the exhaust note sounds like a joke on the elise.. haha.. it gave me more reassurance in my purchase decision when I heard the elise leave...

What do you guys think about the looks of the elise vs. the nismo??
The elise is awesome...

A friend of mine almost bought one... Then he realized that If he went to play golf, his clubs would have to ride shotgun.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:18 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adrianko43
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...light=m3+lotus

Even the m3 guys admit that the exige is faster than their car around a track. This thread is reminds me of the thread on the rsx forum where they think their car is better than a Z.
No one said the Exige wasn't. We are talking about the Elise.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:21 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Tubbs
I'm not sure where you're getting your info. The Elise 1/4 is 12.9 and 0-60 is 4.9s. The Exige S has a 0-60 of 4.3-4.5s.

And the stats I got showed the NORMAL ELISE went about 74 mph in the Slalom. I have no idea as to the driving ability of the Edmunds drivers, but the NORMAL ELISE is lighter and MADE for corners. As good as the Nismo Z may be, it can't be better. And the EXIGE S is on another level. I love my Z man, and I've got 10k in suspension mods... but it's a different car.

I'm really sure your Nismo is a great car... but c'mon.
Sad people can't even read this thread.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE EXIGE! The Elise is much slower than the Exige and it will not do 12.9 or 4.9s 0-60 like you dream. I got my info from Road and Track Nov. 2007.

Edmunds tested the NISMO, and the Elise. The NISMO was 1 mph SLOWER than the Lotus in the Slalom. No other mag has actually tested the NISMO yet.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:23 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

REPOSTING THIS...since its obvious people don't want to read it.

Newest episode, November 2007, they tested a lot of cars in Sugo this time, Civic Type R, Modulo Civic Type R (Civic Type R with bodykit), and Nismo fairlady Z, they all got 1:44.5 to 1:44.7. For comparison, they also tested LP640 (1:37.8), Gallardo Spyder (1:40), XKR (1:46), Lotus Exige (Supercharged) (1:43).

Just a reminder that all of these drivers are professional drivers.

***** EXIGE IS FASTER than the ELISE, and handles a bit better due to changes in suspension *****

And the NISMO Z still kept up with it. Amazing.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Tubbs

Exige (Elise with more downforce and heavier)

Performance:

0-60 mph (0-97 km/h): 4.7 seconds
0-100 mph (0-161 km/h): 12.9 seconds

Exige S (30 more hp)
Exige S Performance:

0-60 (0-97 km/h): 4.1 seconds
0-100 mph (0-161 km/h): 9.98 seconds

I really don't know what you want here. You read a comparison on Edmunds. Good for you. Nobody is insulting your car. The fact that it comes so close to the Elise is amazing. Good job. It's a great car.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:50 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

I did read the comparison. 72 mph for the Elise Slalom. 71 mph for the NISMO Z.

And the actual pro drivers driving them on the track and you see the times.

FACT = NISMO Z is right with the Exige/Elise on a road course. PERIOD.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Tubbs

I did read the comparison. 72 mph for the Elise Slalom. 71 mph for the NISMO Z.

And the actual pro drivers driving them on the track and you see the times.

FACT = NISMO Z is right with the Exige/Elise on a road course. PERIOD.

well I'm glad you're happy.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:26 PM
JXD

Originally Posted by whitt1
You might be surprised how well the NISMO Z performs,the NISMO package pretty much transforms the 350Z into a curve carving track beast.In a race between the 2 cars it will depend on the track.As speeds increase the edge will go to the NISMO.

Right! The Nismo is a nice car but it has NO! Track advantage over an Elise. Sorry bud!
Old 10-16-2007, 05:17 PM
TheHulk

i like how all you see is blatant denial from everyone even when given the facts. weird......hes not saying the nismo is better...just that its up to par with an elise. not an exige, which im also starting to see that no one can read.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
cvt

Are you blind? Do you just refuse to look at the performance spec? It is a known FACT that the Lotus and Nismo are only 1 mph apart from each other in the slalom. The NISMO has a lot more power, and will easily spank the Lotus on a road course. The Lotus only shines on a autox type of course due to its size. The NISMO Z was also built or handling.
dude...slalom is not the end all and be all of handling. the car is 1500 lbs lighter and pulls a 1.02G skipad stock. yes the Nismo Z has power and handling and on a circuit track i'd choose the Nismo...but driving an elise...it's like wearing a suit of armor...every thought is translated immediately, can't explain it.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:35 PM
miloz31

Originally Posted by cvt
dude...slalom is not the end all and be all of handling. the car is 1500 lbs lighter and pulls a 1.02G skipad stock. yes the Nismo Z has power and handling and on a circuit track i'd choose the Nismo...but driving an elise...it's like wearing a suit of armor...every thought is translated immediately, can't explain it.

This man speaks da truth
Old 10-17-2007, 06:59 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by JXD
Right! The Nismo is a nice car but it has NO! Track advantage over an Elise. Sorry bud!
He use to own one and got the NISMO. That should tell you something. He has more experience with both cars compared to us.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:01 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by cvt
Show me where the Z has been tested for the skidpad yet? It hasn't. So you can't make that assumption. All we have are slalom numbers. Per another person on here, the NISMO Z got over 1.00G on their tests as well.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:11 AM
umsta

The elise is a different animal its not all about pure power which it loses on because its max speed is around I believe 139 or so. It will not beat the Nismo on tracks that have longer straight aways but if your talking about a cornering based track with short to medium sprints then lotus will win for sure. The elise was made for handling not power so your comparing cars that are built around a different mind set. Ive driven a elise around a course and I was not able to get the cornering it could produce on other cars of various perfomance levels. On the straight away I came out of the corners the fastest but lost out when it was a longer straight away. It's all situational but ultimately I bought my 350z cause I couldn't deal with how small the elise was.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:20 AM
cvt

Show me where the Z has been tested for the skidpad yet? It hasn't. So you can't make that assumption. All we have are slalom numbers. Per another person on here, the NISMO Z got over 1.00G on their tests as well.

ummm..hasn't the nismo been tested at .91 skipad?

"For a car that weighs 3,354 pounds, a 71.0-mph slalom speed and 0.91g on the skid pad are signs of talent "

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...4/pageNumber=1

and 1G on a 3300 lbs. car at sub 40K is crazy...not even Ferrari F430s are at 1G consistently.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....6&print_page=y

so get a 1G skidpad is something really special.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:06 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by cvt
ummm..hasn't the nismo been tested at .91 skipad?

"For a car that weighs 3,354 pounds, a 71.0-mph slalom speed and 0.91g on the skid pad are signs of talent "

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...4/pageNumber=1

and 1G on a 3300 lbs. car at sub 40K is crazy...not even Ferrari F430s are at 1G consistently.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....6&print_page=y

so get a 1G skidpad is something really special.
Ummmm two different magazines and two different tests. Edmunds tested both the cars with their track equipment. Wait till R&T tests it before you say the NISMO can't do 1G.

Do you own a NISMO Z? Have you ever driven one? Have you tested it to its limits against the Lotus yourself? Didn't think so.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:21 AM
alexfair

Yeah I was impressed with the handling on the regular 350z but every since I got my Nismo Z man is **** my self every time, that thing just hugs and stays stable as a ****.

Nismo ftw
Old 10-17-2007, 08:29 AM
05-Z

I had the opportunity to drive an Exige for a few hours recently, and was definitely impressed. Awesome car.

It certainly felt faster, just a way different car than the Z.

Quick Reply: Lotus vs. Nismo Z