Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Lotus vs. Nismo Z

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:30 AM
cvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Ummmm two different magazines and two different tests. Edmunds tested both the cars with their track equipment. Wait till R&T tests it before you say the NISMO can't do 1G.

Do you own a NISMO Z? Have you ever driven one? Have you tested it to its limits against the Lotus yourself? Didn't think so.

why are you taking things so hard and personal? you posted saying a nismo has never been tested for skidpad so i posted skidpad numbers on the nismo. the road and track test was just an example. and yes I HAVE TESTED BOTH CARS IN STREETS OF WILLOW AND AUTO-X as well as many other cars. so please don't assume. i am not saying the nismo is a bad car. all i said was the lotus had better handling and driver to road translation. i even said that in a circuit track i'd choose the nismo.

..jeez...some people forget to take their happy pills and all hell breaks loose...lol.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:48 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cvt
why are you taking things so hard and personal? you posted saying a nismo has never been tested for skidpad so i posted skidpad numbers on the nismo. the road and track test was just an example. and yes I HAVE TESTED BOTH CARS IN STREETS OF WILLOW AND AUTO-X as well as many other cars. so please don't assume. i am not saying the nismo is a bad car. all i said was the lotus had better handling and driver to road translation. i even said that in a circuit track i'd choose the nismo.

..jeez...some people forget to take their happy pills and all hell breaks loose...lol.
Meant to say it never has been tested by any magazine other than Edmunds.

You tested a NISMO 350Z at Willow? I seriously DOUBT THAT.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:50 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Lotus and Nissan - two different car companies, two different beasts. If the NISMO Z performs as well as a Lotus on the track, I am suitably impressed. Esp. given the huge difference in weight. Having driven a non-NISMO Z (mine) at 166 mph, and loved the handling, I think I wouldn't want to drive the Lotus at the same speed due to the light weight. My '67 Europa would change lanes with a good cross wind on the interstate at speeds over 100 mph.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:55 AM
cvt

You tested a NISMO 350Z at Willow? I seriously DOUBT THAT.
what is your problem?...are you so much of a loser you need to refute everything unless someone completely bows down to the nismo 350Z. at I HAVE DRIVEN BOTH CARS on circuit tracks...now have YOU?

Didn't think so....(how does that feel sunshine?)
Old 10-17-2007, 09:59 AM
cvt

i really don't understand what SOLO-350Z's problem is. i already said the nismo was a great car and that i'd choose the nismo over the lotus on a circuit track. some people just aren't happy either or...and by the way 'streets' is just 3 hrs away...next track meet hopefully some nismos show up and i'll take some pics so you can calm your e-thugness to an appropriate level...lol
Old 10-17-2007, 10:08 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by cvt
what is your problem?...are you so much of a loser you need to refute everything unless someone completely bows down to the nismo 350Z. at I HAVE DRIVEN BOTH CARS on circuit tracks...now have YOU?

Didn't think so....(how does that feel sunshine?)
That's funny. You have driven a NISMO Z to the track. When no dealer will even let you test drive them really. Got any proof on backing that statement up? Pictures, etc.

Your attitude leaves little to be desired. I suggest you reframe from calling people names or your visit won't last long.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by cvt
all i said was the lotus had better handling and driver to road translation. i even said that in a circuit track i'd choose the nismo.

The fact this is even up for debate is strange. Nobody is knocking the nismo. We all have 350's... just you have to realize the strengths and weaknesses of cars.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:15 AM
adrianko43

wow, a few welds here and there, some new shocks and springs, and suddenly the Z turns into a supercar.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:19 AM
gringott

That's funny. You have driven a NISMO Z to the track. When no dealer will even let you test drive them really. Got any proof on backing that statement up? Pictures, etc.

Your attitude leaves little to be desired. I suggest you reframe from calling people names or your visit won't last long.

I guess I personally will never own a NISMO Z, since I will never ever purchase an automobile that I haven't test driven. You would?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:20 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

I did. Because I knew what I was getting.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:21 AM
cvt

you're even funnier. MY attitude? my attitude was fine, it was you sir who took things personal. read back through the posts. it's you who is looking like a close minded fan-boy.

and visit? it looks like we joined the site at the same time junior. i've been a 350Z owner for a while (until 2 weeks ago).

and no genius...i didn't take a brand new car and take it to the track, there are people who drive nismos in so cal you do know that right? they are rare but there is a reason people buy them...it's not for getting groceries.

seeing the attitude and level of maturity from you i will refrain from responding (because obviously your inability to even be remotely open minded about the subject is an impossibility). because it's quite clear you are unable to even have a suitable response unless i announce the nismo Z as king.

okay...it's the king. the nismo 350Z handles better than a 1975lbs. car. did that make your day? did that validate your monthly payments? glad to hear it.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:25 AM
gringott

I did. Because I knew what I was getting.

Now I understand why you are so partisan about the NISMO Z. They wouldn't even let you drive it until you produced the cash. Made you feel like you just got in some fraternity that wouldn't give you the time of day before. Plus, you have to defend it to the max, and be happy, otherwise you would be what is called a "sucker" I believe.

I guarantee you this - that if I walked into a dealership, and they had a NISMO 350Z that was for sale, (not presold) they would let me test drive it. If not, they could keep looking for a sucker. Perhaps you dress or look like you are not financially stable?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:29 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Okay, so someone owns one. But I still do not see them letting you take a 38k car around the track.

You really need to grow up. Your throwing this attitude for no reason.

Originally Posted by cvt
you're even funnier. MY attitude? my attitude was fine, it was you sir who took things personal. read back through the posts. it's you who is looking like a close minded fan-boy.

and visit? it looks like we joined the site at the same time junior. i've been a 350Z owner for a while (until 2 weeks ago).

and no genius...i didn't take a brand new car and take it to the track, there are people who drive nismos in so cal you do know that right? they are rare but there is a reason people buy them...it's not for getting groceries.

seeing the attitude and level of maturity from you i will refrain from responding (because obviously your inability to even be remotely open minded about the subject is an impossibility). because it's quite clear you are unable to even have a suitable response unless i announce the nismo Z as king.

okay...it's the king. the nismo 350Z handles better than a 1975lbs. car. did that make your day? did that validate your monthly payments? glad to hear it.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:30 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by gringott
Now I understand why you are so partisan about the NISMO Z. They wouldn't even let you drive it until you produced the cash. Made you feel like you just got in some fraternity that wouldn't give you the time of day before. Plus, you have to defend it to the max, and be happy, otherwise you would be what is called a "sucker" I believe.

I guarantee you this - that if I walked into a dealership, and they had a NISMO 350Z that was for sale, (not presold) they would let me test drive it. If not, they could keep looking for a sucker. Perhaps you dress or look like you are not financially stable?
A lot of people on these forums could not test drive the car before buying it. That is the way it was when they first came out. No one would want to buy a limited production car that has been test driven or miles on it.

No, I have known this dealer for over 10 years, I also have known the sales Manager and the general manager of this dealership for that long. They knew me. They wouldn't even allowed to drive it themselves. And it's a Nissan dealer, not a BMW or Lexus dealer where I need to show up making myself look like I make money. lol

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 10-17-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 AM
cvt

You really need to grow up.
All I did was state facts and personal driving experience. It was you who started attacking me. Don't even try to turn this around and play the 'mature' part after the mess of posts you left behind. That's just dumb.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:46 AM
cvt

Originally Posted by gringott
to SOLO-350Z's defense a lot of the Nismo Zs here are pre-ordered. The ones in the lot have laready got names to them. So it is hard to test drive one...so the only way to drive one is a) you buy your own, b)drive a friends, or c)be a track part-time instructor.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:48 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

We stated the facts. You came in with your opinions. FACT again, the NISMO Z is 1 mph slower than the Lotus in a Slalom.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:01 AM
cvt

We stated the facts. You came in with your opinions. FACT again, the NISMO Z is 1 mph slower than the Lotus in a Slalom.
Fact..the Nismo Z was tested at .91 skidpad by edmunds when you said there was no skidpad test

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...4/pageNumber=1

Fact...the lotus elise was tested at 1.03gs BY EDMUNDS

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...8/pageId=67754

Fact...I have stated personal opinions about both cars and clearly stated i preferred the nismo Z on the circuit track especially 'streets of wil' since it has long straights.

Fact...you are ball-hugging that slalom FACT waaay too much...lol.

Fact...you love your car. a person in the forum agrees it's a great track car but is not the best handling car in the world. you get pissed and go back to slalom #s.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:12 AM
gringott

Originally Posted by cvt
to SOLO-350Z's defense a lot of the Nismo Zs here are pre-ordered. The ones in the lot have laready got names to them. So it is hard to test drive one...so the only way to drive one is a) you buy your own, b)drive a friends, or c)be a track part-time instructor.

That may be the case, they also were charging $7500 over sticker on the Ford Thunderbird when it came out - no test drive - and the suckers were buying. And they charged what, $599 for the Iphone when it came out - and the suckers were lined up. Again, to you or whomever might buy one, that's great for you or them, but I personally wouldn't buy one. It's not a dam Ferrarri or something. Its a NISSAN. An overpriced NISSAN.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:22 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

I said NO SKIDPAD TEST WITH R&T. Do you not read?

Lotus Elise could only do 1 more mph through the Slalom with a 1.03G? Hmm that is strange.

I am tired of your attitude on this forum. Until you can mature some more and have a conversation that is worth having, I am done here. Thank you for ruining this topic.

Originally Posted by cvt
Fact..the Nismo Z was tested at .91 skidpad by edmunds when you said there was no skidpad test

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...4/pageNumber=1

Fact...the lotus elise was tested at 1.03gs BY EDMUNDS

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...8/pageId=67754

Fact...I have stated personal opinions about both cars and clearly stated i preferred the nismo Z on the circuit track especially 'streets of wil' since it has long straights.

Fact...you are ball-hugging that slalom FACT waaay too much...lol.

Fact...you love your car. a person in the forum agrees it's a great track car but is not the best handling car in the world. you get pissed and go back to slalom #s.

Quick Reply: Lotus vs. Nismo Z