Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Lowering your Nismo

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:50 PM
fastm3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pacfwu

I think the Nismo suspension is the best "compromise" suspension available for 350z. By that I mean that it's not the end-all-be-all setup for the car, but rather the best spring/strut suspension that could be developed while satisifying MOST drivers on MOST road conditions and still be carry a reasonable warranty for the consumer. If it were the best posible fit for the car, MCR wouldn't be running coilovers.

AGREE.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:56 PM
fastm3

Originally Posted by pacfwu
I got the Zero-2's. They should be here next Monday and hopefully I can installed them that night and post some pics.

may i know what spring rate the Zero 2 comes with?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:58 PM
fastm3

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Sure there is. It won't be tuned like it was to handle the way it does anymore.

do you mean handle worst or better?
Old 05-05-2008, 10:01 PM
fastm3

Originally Posted by jmark
Exactly. It is a pretty good handler as is.

depends where the nismo spends most of her time. freeway onramps and canyon roads yes it is a good handler. For track use the stock nismo setup is only slightly above average.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:05 PM
fastm3

Originally Posted by tekk
if i had a nismo z i would want to know what exactly about the other setups is better than the factory setup before i changed. id imagine that would involve knowing stock specs and design and the deficiencies that result, and then how those deficiencies can be improved and what the associated costs are with making the change.

i do see what both sides are saying but imo, just because something is after-market doesn't mean its better. i think we can all agree that there are countless upgrades that are really downgrades...

Agree. There are only a handful of aftermarkets that truly works. One must be able to have the knowledge to pick out which works and which are just for looks. And more importantly the nismo owner must know what is lacking before throwing in parts after parts. for most nismo owners that don't take their car to the track, the stock setup is more then enough.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:11 PM
fastm3

Originally Posted by Ataru074
I agree, as stock is just beautiful.. so much more controllable, more predictable.. but she has margin to improve... so, choosing and tuning coilover and have better grip and track times on this one is going to be challenging.

Matteo

This is the direction I am heading. My coilovers are installed and needs to take it to the track to fine tune the setting. i am counting on shaving 2-3 secs off the lap time.

I took my stock Nismo to the track twice as a benchmark on what needs to be done to improve on. Now I have pretty much patched all the deficits on the nismo.

Last edited by fastm3; 05-06-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastm3
This is the direction I am heading. My coilovers are installed and needs to take it to the track to fine tune the setting. i am counting on shaving 2-3 secs off the lap time.

I took my Nismo to the track twice as a benchmark on what needs to be done to improve on. Now I have pretty much patched all the deficits on the nismo.
What coilovers are you running?
Old 05-06-2008, 10:32 PM
fastm3

Originally Posted by Sensi09
What coilovers are you running?

I am running the Zeals Super Function R Type C. The handling is unbelievably good. The car now behaves like it is a vacuum cleaner sucking itself to the ground. This kit makes the stock nismo feels like a cadi.