Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

my Nismo is bleeding clear oil ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:20 AM
wolfiusa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy my Nismo is bleeding clear oil ???

just discovered a puddle of very clear and clean oil under my car this morning. it's clearly no motor oil. very thin even in the cold weather. Any idea what I am dealing with? I am almost afraid of going to the dealer. Lot's of bad experience in the past.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:23 AM
UMW350Z

PS, brake, or clutch fluid probably, you can smell motor oil pretty easily, maybe a line was slit. Were you driving it hard lately?
Old 03-03-2008, 08:56 AM
wolfiusa

it turned out the oil wasn't from my car. went to the dealer they checked and nothing. I called my wife and sure enough we had someone visiting yesterday. When I came home from work it was too dark to see and this morning it looked like it was from the Nismo.
But now the bad part of the story:
while lifting the Z up the mechanic??? broke the side skirt on one side.
I can't believe this. They will order a new one and replace it. But I am p......
Does anyone here know where I could complain about this?
in the business I work in if we break a customers product we pretty much replace it with a new one. Or give the customer at least something free.

wow!!! I can see every day why we are the #1 in customer service.

sorry just needed to vent for second....
Old 03-03-2008, 09:15 AM
pacfwu

Sorry to threadjack, but I got you beat. I had to take my in to the shop for some work (prematurely worn belt). They said they would overnight the belt and I'd have it the next day. Don't hear from them the next day, so I give them a call before I get off work. They said the parts place was closed when they placed the order because of presidents day. The part was sent out and I'd be able to pick it up the next day. So they say my next oil change is free because of the delay.

They call me up the next day to tell me that they got the belt and were almost done installing it but the service guy drove my car into one of the arms for their rack and gouging the **** out of the front spoiler so it would have to go the body shop.

8 days after I drop it off for a simple belt replacement I get my car back. Get home and realize they gouged up one of my rear wheels at the same time they screwed up my front bumper. Had to take it back to show them and they say they need to check with the head guy and I need to take it back over for him to check out. I couldn't drop it off with them because I didn't have the time before I had to go out of state for a few days.

So today I have to take it back over and drop it off so they can look at my wheel. All this extra inconvenience and time without my car because of their negligence and I haven't been offered anything other than that free oil change.

Unless everything is resolved to my satisfaction, I will be sending a complaint to NNA.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:20 AM
east1999bt

^ damn send that complaint anyways for that dealer and their workers being idiots!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:48 AM
brick

This is why I won't bring my car to the dealer or buy an extended warranty. I bet cars that never go back to the dealer have less work done on them in the long run. The only work I've had done on this car so far is a tint and I ended up with some small scratches on the paint and the rubber trim on the small windows sliced on both sides.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:12 AM
pacfwu

Well the belt failed at 4300 miles and the only place to get waranty work done is the dealership.

For me, this is my 3rd 350z. I bought my first one in '04 and I've had all my service done by them since then. After almost 4 years, this is the first time I've ever had issue with them. It is a pretty big issue however, and I'm not too pleased so far with how it's being handled. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now, but they better make me a satisfied customer when it's all over with.

Last edited by pacfwu; 03-03-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:48 AM
wolfiusa

here the newest update:
I had my side skirt installed a few weeks back and the mechanic failed to install the rubber seal in between the body and the skirt. After I complained and was told that this isn't a life and death situation. they agreed to order the rubber.
now today I just came back from getting the rubber installed. And guess what?
they out a scratch in the body and the rubber doesn't look the same.
I have no idea what to do now. I contacted customer relations and the dealer about this situation multiple times.
Why can't this company make great cars and support them? Never ever will I buy another Nissan car in my life. As much as I love this car. Renault should just buy them 100% and teach them what customer service is all about.
I don't want to even imagine what they will do once they can get their unqualified hands on a GTR.......
Old 07-17-2008, 10:47 AM
IB Systems

Wow, those are some horror stories, I hope I never have to take it to my dealer.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Lento

Damn Wolfi, what dealer do you use. Ill make sure never to go there. P.S Im still waiting to run into you around boston sometime

I saw a Silver Nismo on 93 north the other day, any idea who that might be?
Old 07-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check the Yamaha dampers. it could be the hydraulic fluid from the front damper, maybe damage from road debris.

just a thought.