Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Nismo wheel bearings = crap

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 12:40 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Interesting. This is my 5th racing season with 61,000 miles, and wheel bearings are fine. I can see autocross and wheel bearing stress, but why drag racing? Are NISMO bearings different?
Old 06-04-2008, 12:44 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 416NismoZ
I don't see what the difference is between drag racing the Nismo Z or doing Road Course events. If anything I would think the Road Courses would be more stress and abuse on the car...and that's what the car was MADE FOR! I don't see people taking off nice and slow/soft on road courses and shifting at 3K rpms. You take off hard at a road course just like at the 1/4 mile. Atleast in the 1/4 mile you are getting on the car for 13 seconds...not 13 minutes. Road courses sustain high rpms...and you are on the brakes hard. Since this is what the car was made to do then how is it bad for it???

-Scott
Drag racing breaks this quickly. Open road and autocross breaks things slowly.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:57 PM
only350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on squeaky brakes.

Last edited by only350z; 06-04-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Ex2cinaZ
Destructo Girl

Originally Posted by davidv
Interesting. This is my 5th racing season with 61,000 miles, and wheel bearings are fine. I can see autocross and wheel bearing stress, but why drag racing? Are NISMO bearings different?
They're the same wheel bearings that are installed on the other z's... and like I said before it's not like I have mega work done to the car and i'm pushing rediculous hp through them. I guess the burnout/launch is what's doing the damage. We had a pair of 06 roadsters before that we drove the **** out of and never had a problem. I would have just figured it was my driving habits but... my husband's nismo is doing the same thing.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Ex2cinaZ
Destructo Girl

Originally Posted by BlackZTech
Wow that Poor NISMOz

Also guys those two have done bad things to there NISMO'S.

The girl is running pro-kit! in which just slammed the car to the ground. Also the fact that pro-kits spring rates are much softer then Autech NISMO tuned ones that come on the car also the NISMO z is not made for drag racing

If I was that dealer I would have made them pay full out of the pocket for them.

Some people don't need NISMOz.
BTW... I'm running Eibach Sportline. Do your homework before you make assumptions.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:51 PM
BlackZTech

The car was made for high speed handling.

If you look up the drag times for nismo z you see that it's slower then base 350z to do all the down force from body kit.

Originally Posted by 416NismoZ
I don't see what the difference is between drag racing the Nismo Z or doing Road Course events. If anything I would think the Road Courses would be more stress and abuse on the car...and that's what the car was MADE FOR! I don't see people taking off nice and slow/soft on road courses and shifting at 3K rpms. You take off hard at a road course just like at the 1/4 mile. Atleast in the 1/4 mile you are getting on the car for 13 seconds...not 13 minutes. Road courses sustain high rpms...and you are on the brakes hard. Since this is what the car was made to do then how is it bad for it???

-Scott
Old 06-04-2008, 01:57 PM
BlackZTech

Originally Posted by Ex2cinaZ
BTW... I'm running Eibach Sportline. Do your homework before you make assumptions.

You should know better then to just change your springs.

You have to change out the whole setup. The rates on those springs are less then what you had before.

My thing is just gets base z and custom build it the way you want.

Drag racing in that car is not good, you’re just asking for trouble down the road.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Lakeside

If upgrading the suspension do it right and buy fully adjustable coilovers!.. They are the way togo... Lowering springs are just crap. I drive it like I stole it sometimes!.. But for the most part I takecare of it like any other car of mine.. Just your typical **** car Buff...

My Redline will resemble the MCR Nismo! Going for the JDM look myself.

Sure a car is just a car! I could have bought any car under 100G's and you know what? Obviously I chose a NISMO I had an '03 Track edition which I had to sell

Last edited by Lakeside; 06-04-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:28 PM
pacfwu

You should know better then to just change your springs.

You have to change out the whole setup. The rates on those springs are less then what you had before.
Now that is a rational argument, as well as a good point. I only quoted your earlier post because it seemed much more like flaming her just for modifying her car in general.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:56 PM
108NismoZ

let's make this simple. this thread was about wheel bearings not modifications. blackztech you can't help but keep running that trap of yours. i certainly don't care if you like what we have done or hate what we have done. you either like it or you don't. as much pissing and moaning that you are doing it is just pointless. get this statement through your head "it's not your f--king car". if we like it that's all that matters.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:27 PM
BlackZTech

Thumbs down

I'm done, the point I was trying to make was that those two abused and mistreated, there car and made seem like Nissan put crappy bearings on the car

That is Not!! so, it' because they are abused the crap out of there cars and making the dealer pay for it.

I just don't think that is right!!

Enjoy destroying your NISMO 350z.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:35 PM
108NismoZ

I'm done, the point I was trying to make was that those two abused and mistreated, there car and made seem like Nissan put crappy bearings on the car

That is Not!! so, it' because they are abused the crap out of there cars and making the dealer pay for it.

I just don't think that is right!!

Enjoy destroying your NISMO 350z.
those two for your information are ex2cinaz and myself. furthermore her and i both work at car dealerships. by the way it seems like we are ENJOYING our vehicles which is why we purchased them.

edit: the dealership doesn't lose money on warranty claims if you didn't know that already and unless a dealer can prove with physical evidence there has been abuse they aren't going to question the failure.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:28 AM
Ataru074

Originally Posted by Ex2cinaZ
this is a really confusing post
I mean... the nismo is not (imho) a super valuable collectors car neither a real track car. so can improved in many ways to be faster on the track.
exactly as a gt3 is improved in a gt3 rs, that is improved in a gt3 cup (as track car from the factory)
Old 06-05-2008, 04:41 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ataru074
I mean... the nismo is not (imho) a super valuable collectors car neither a real track car. so can improved in many ways to be faster on the track.
exactly as a gt3 is improved in a gt3 rs, that is improved in a gt3 cup (as track car from the factory)

Only someone who doesn't know the history of the Z car would make a statement like this. This car will be a collectors car after it goes out and isn't forsale anymore. Like all the other Z's were.

The car was made for the track, it is obvious when you take it on a track.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:34 AM
Ex2cinaZ
Destructo Girl

A car like this is only going to increase in value over a number of years if it is garage kept and never driven. We didn't buy these to put them in a garage, we bought them as toys.- future value is not important to us.
I believe I started out my post with "So... My hubby and I have been running the Nismo's on the drag strip lately." It's not like I'm blaming Nissan for making a poor wheel bearing in my daily driver or in any way claiming that I don't abuse the vehicle. I was simply asking if anyone with a ******** who takes their nismo to the track instead of buying the fukin thing to commute to work and back (not you stone/black z tech ) was having the same issue. IMO you've wasted space on this forum with your lousy posts, and should try to improve on your reading comprehension levels, obvoiusly you didn't understand the entire first post in the thread before you put your in. You seem to be the only one responding in this thread that repetedly fails to understand the topic.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:52 AM
Ataru074

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Only someone who doesn't know the history of the Z car would make a statement like this. This car will be a collectors car after it goes out and isn't forsale anymore. Like all the other Z's were.

The car was made for the track, it is obvious when you take it on a track.
Oh really? I don't see around Z going for 6 digit... even 240z or 300zx.
and about the track... I'm not saying that the nismo Z is a piece of crap on the track... it's a damn good car as it comes.. but could be improved, drastically.

let me check my nismo:
roll cage: no
fire extinguisher: no
racing brakes: no
fully adjustable suspension: no (also caster and camber)
dry oil sump: no
racing clutch and flywheel: no
racing tires and wheels: no
adjustable wing: no
maximum weight reduction: no
100+ hp per liter engine: no
racing seats and 5 point harness: no
indipendent oil cooler: no
tranny cooler: no
racing diff: no
diff cooler: no

I understand that with all this stuff the nismo Z would be priced at more than 50/55K... but that is how is a real track ready car.
(the nismo 380 rs-c is another story... that is a competition car like the gt3 cup)
Old 06-05-2008, 06:13 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again the NISMO is a car for the consumer prepared for the TRACK. You don't need one overly prepared like what you are thinking to run on a track.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:34 AM
Ataru074

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Again the NISMO is a car for the consumer prepared for the TRACK. You don't need one overly prepared like what you are thinking to run on a track.
I'm running on a track as much as I can.. at least once a month... so "at least" I'd like to have an oil cooler (because the stock oil was thinner than water the first track event I went with the nismo), a differential cooler.. the nismo aftermarket cover helps.. but is not enough for a tight track... and stock suspension angles are "easy and forgiving" not for maximum performance, so you need "at least" camber arms for the front if you keep the stock height.
again depends on what you expect from your toy... you might be happy, I'm not.. so I'm working on it.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:37 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

^^^Are you recording your steps with you car??
Old 06-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Ex2cinaZ
Destructo Girl

Originally Posted by Ataru074
I'm running on a track as much as I can.. at least once a month... so "at least" I'd like to have an oil cooler (because the stock oil was thinner than water the first track event I went with the nismo), a differential cooler.. the nismo aftermarket cover helps.. but is not enough for a tight track... and stock suspension angles are "easy and forgiving" not for maximum performance, so you need "at least" camber arms for the front if you keep the stock height.
again depends on what you expect from your toy... you might be happy, I'm not.. so I'm working on it.
we have the same brain.

Quick Reply: Nismo wheel bearings = crap