Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Nismo wheel bearings = crap

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Ataru074

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KingBaby
^^^Are you recording your steps with you car??
track times? more or less using a regular stopwatch... I need a telemetry toy (performance box or something like that)
best improvement was the cusco diff. second best is brake pads, lines and fluid... suspension angles and than coilovers.
engine mods couldn't improve too much.

nothing wrong with the nismo suspensions.. they are DAMN good as stock.. is just the feeling that I don't like on the track. (the diff is changing the balance of the car.. so they don't work as good as with the stock piece of crap vlsd)

something that I didn't and I'll do really soon are the solid diff bushings... with a "stiffer" setup you really feel the play in the rear axle. my bad.. lesson learned
Old 06-05-2008, 07:00 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ataru074
I'm running on a track as much as I can.. at least once a month... so "at least" I'd like to have an oil cooler (because the stock oil was thinner than water the first track event I went with the nismo), a differential cooler.. the nismo aftermarket cover helps.. but is not enough for a tight track... and stock suspension angles are "easy and forgiving" not for maximum performance, so you need "at least" camber arms for the front if you keep the stock height.
again depends on what you expect from your toy... you might be happy, I'm not.. so I'm working on it.
Sounds like you shouldn't have bought your car then.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Ataru074

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Sounds like you shouldn't have bought your car then.
you're right... but when I asked for the US price of the nice orange one that I posted before and they asked me twice the list price I kindly dropped the offer
the nismo Z is an awesome starting base for a track car.. and incredible valuer for the money.. but a 997 gt3 rs is completely another class car. (well the GT-R v-spec is going to be even better .. but can't wait)
Old 06-05-2008, 07:51 AM
HKS-Z
Backroad Pro

-I could have a Lambo and i still would be trying to find a way to get more hp,and better handling out of it.I know I'm not alone here,even the best cars can be made better in some ways-some more than others-and imo,the nismo Z can be made better.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Ataru074

Originally Posted by HKS-Z
-I could have a Lambo and i still would be trying to find a way to get more hp,and better handling out of it.I know I'm not alone here,even the best cars can be made better in some ways-some more than others-and imo,the nismo Z can be made better.
just to talk.. what means "better"... sticking to a track car, which kind of track? fast corners, slow corners, hairpins? smooth surface, bumpy surface? flat as a table, smooth elevation changes, sudden elevation changes with jumps and compressions?
and how long on the track? 10 minutes time attack? 20 minutes sessions? 2 hours race? 24 hours endurance?
wet or dry?

all those variables doesn't have the "supersecretmix solution" where a car, as it comes from the factory or it's tuned for one combination will be a good performer in all the others.

besides.. if you care only about having fun... you can drive a bone stock miata and still have a lot of fun.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:30 AM
HKS-Z
Backroad Pro

just to talk.. what means "better"... sticking to a track car, which kind of track? fast corners, slow corners, hairpins? smooth surface, bumpy surface? flat as a table, smooth elevation changes, sudden elevation changes with jumps and compressions?
and how long on the track? 10 minutes time attack? 20 minutes sessions? 2 hours race? 24 hours endurance?
wet or dry?

all those variables doesn't have the "supersecretmix solution" where a car, as it comes from the factory or it's tuned for one combination will be a good performer in all the others.

besides.. if you care only about having fun... you can drive a bone stock miata and still have a lot of fun.
I like a car that is an all around performer,Personaly i could give a damn about straight line power and drag racing,not that it isnt fun.I prefer to have a car that can take turns/corners like nobodys buisness(sp?haha)
Since i daily drive my car-its not set up specific to a track surface,nor would i ever do a 24 hour race with it,im confident that it can take up to 20min track sessions at a time,and thats probelly the most i would put it through.im not just going to have fun,im there for a rush,to have an edge,to compete,and gain respect.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:38 PM
416NismoZ

Originally Posted by BlackZTech
The car was made for high speed handling.

If you look up the drag times for nismo z you see that it's slower then base 350z to do all the down force from body kit.

I actually looked it up on Caranddriver.com and saw that you are correct on this. The base 2007 Z ran 13.7@104mph and the 2007 Nismo Z ran a 13.8@103mph. It says the base Z creates 18 lbs of lift at 75 mph while the Nismo Z creates 33 lbs of downforce. I don't think that the difference is that significant especially when the base Z weighs 30-35lbs less then the Nismo Z. Plus I ran a 13.51 bone stock in my Nismo Z the very first time to the track with it. How do you explain that? I've heard of the 2007 Z's running 13.1 bone stock down to the tires. Either way, the Z was built to be driven hard and doing anything less in my opinion is a shame

-Scott
Old 06-05-2008, 03:55 PM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by BlackZTech
I'm done, the point I was trying to make was that those two abused and mistreated, there car and made seem like Nissan put crappy bearings on the car

That is Not!! so, it' because they are abused the crap out of there cars and making the dealer pay for it.

I just don't think that is right!!

Enjoy destroying your NISMO 350z.
You sir, are an idiot. Drag racing a sports car or autocrossing a sports car is not abuse, its called use. You dont buy a 350z to buy groceries. You buy it for performance.

If they were tracking a dodge caravan or something maybe that argument for abuse is valid but when you have a sports car it should be expected that it will see hard driving.

Try again.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:54 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

track times? more or less using a regular stopwatch... I need a telemetry toy (performance box or something like that)
best improvement was the cusco diff. second best is brake pads, lines and fluid... suspension angles and than coilovers.
engine mods couldn't improve too much.

nothing wrong with the nismo suspensions.. they are DAMN good as stock.. is just the feeling that I don't like on the track. (the diff is changing the balance of the car.. so they don't work as good as with the stock piece of crap vlsd)

something that I didn't and I'll do really soon are the solid diff bushings... with a "stiffer" setup you really feel the play in the rear axle. my bad.. lesson learned
No not times I'm concerned about more the parts you been adding didn't like and brought something else. I don't have cash to blow on the wrong parts. Like a lot of people on this site that have wasted lots of money to reach there final setup, I'm trying not to do that
Old 06-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Simann

The suspension on the Nismo 350z is not, I repeat, NOT made designed to undergo repeated hard/grippy drag strip launches on a consecutive basis.

And I would not shy from arguing the fact that if Nissan new you were both drag racing and "beating the F***" out of your cars every weekend (primarily at the drag strip) they would possibly drop you off warranty (which they have the right to do if they deem fit).

I dont see the logic in buying a car designed for road racing and sports car events and taking it to the drag strip. Thats like telling a marathon runner to sprint.

Last edited by Simann; 06-05-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:45 AM
Ataru074

Originally Posted by KingBaby
No not times I'm concerned about more the parts you been adding didn't like and brought something else. I don't have cash to blow on the wrong parts. Like a lot of people on this site that have wasted lots of money to reach there final setup, I'm trying not to do that
ok.. got it.. my mistakes (at least I think so)
when I installed the diff (cusco 1.5 way 100% lock) to not put the spl solid diff bushings.
putting in the diff at 100% lock (next time I'll do 80).

for the camber.. get the spl parts.. front will need more camber (for the track) and rear less than you can get with stock adjustment (if you put coilovers)

coilovers.. I'm happy with the hypermax 3 sport.

exhaust, hiflow cats... good for your ego and shave a little of weight.. could be the last mod if you really want a little bit more kick.

if I have to restart:
1) brakes, braided lines, ferodo ds2500 pads, motul or ate blue fluid
2) differential + solid bushings + cooler (the nismo cover is enough if you don' abuse too much)
3) another set of rims (18" or 17" for the budget and R comp tires)
4) coilovers AND camber arms (-2.5 front, -1.6/-1.8 rear... toe 0.05 deg open front, 0.05 closed rear)

at any time... harness bar and four point harness... you need something to don't fly around the seat, racing seat would be a nice add on.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:37 AM
108NismoZ

Originally Posted by Simann
The suspension on the Nismo 350z is not, I repeat, NOT made designed to undergo repeated hard/grippy drag strip launches on a consecutive basis.

And I would not shy from arguing the fact that if Nissan new you were both drag racing and "beating the F***" out of your cars every weekend (primarily at the drag strip) they would possibly drop you off warranty (which they have the right to do if they deem fit).

I dont see the logic in buying a car designed for road racing and sports car events and taking it to the drag strip. Thats like telling a marathon runner to sprint.
well certainly unlike you i didn't buy my vehicle to look at it and to not drive it. i bought my vehicle and am driving it to the limits. you sir are waste of space on this thread and i do not see fit to argue my position.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Ex2cinaZ
Destructo Girl

Originally Posted by Simann

Reguardless if Nissan wants to drop my warranty or not (which in the grand scheme of things has absolutley nothing to do with the wheel bearing failure topic) I will continue to drive the car the way I presently am, because it's what makes me happy... and frankly I'm the only person I really care about! SO... if you've got nothing to say about the wheel bearing issue... because your opinion dosen't matter to me.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:11 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

^^^post Pics
Old 06-06-2008, 09:21 AM
BlackZTech

Smile

Well,

I don't agree with them beating the crap out of there NISMO 350z, but I have to say that it is there cars and they can do what they want.

If they want to push the car to point of blowing up let them.

I like to see how much of a beating the NISMO can take

Sorry if I came across like *** hole first post, but it's the internet and who really cares what people think on here.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:21 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

I want pictures
Old 06-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Ex2cinaZ
Destructo Girl

you want pictures of what?
black/stone z tech... it's all good
Old 06-06-2008, 10:30 AM