Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Nismo Rear suspension noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008 | 06:36 AM
nismoz20

Here is an update to my quest for answers to my rattle noise from the rear suspension. I contatced Nissan and put in a complaint and a request for assistance from them to resolve my issue. They quickly responded to my needs and set up a visit with the dealership. I was appointed a liason from nissan until my issue was resolved.

When I took the car in to Nissan, after a couple of days they informed me that they were in contact with the factory and were requesting information from them in regards to my issue.

It appears that they found the problem and now the rear shocks, bushings and spacers are on order from the factory. They subbed in a new shock package from another Z to confirm that the rattle does go away when the rear shocks are repalced. I feel confident that this direction that they are going to repair the problem will be successful but I will give an update once the car is back in my possession with the parts replaced.

They also said that mine was the only complaint like this so hopefully it is an isolated one.
Old 11-30-2008 | 07:46 AM
Simann

I went to another large Nissan dealer downtown Nashville yesterday and spoke with the lead Service Manager. He took me in his office and proceeded to tell me about how all the dealerships "know each other" and how the service manager at Cool Springs Nissan is no longer there, nor at any other Nissan dealership (he would not tell me exactly why). Given this information, I will definantly press forward and have them examine the shocks. Sounds like it could be a bad batch of Shocks or Shock bushings?

But I am still very worried about my brakes and the horrible sound they are making. They "creek" immensely and sound like the pads are worn down to bare metal when braking as well. However, the pads have 90% life on them front and back, no sign of brake rotor wrapage, nor any hot spots. Brake calipers look fine.

-Jonathan
Old 12-08-2008 | 05:23 PM
JetJockey

Yea I have the same noise in my Nismo. Its not to loud but when i hit small bumps I can hear a light noise coming from the rear of the car. I just turn my stereo up and try to ignore it. It bugs me to but cant find were its coming from. Its only on the right side though. Also am having some weird rattle coming from the front right side. It only happens when I start the car. Also after I rev it up and the rpms come back down to around 1500 rpm. Now that one is really bugging the crap out of me. Anyone have this noise?
Old 12-09-2008 | 04:51 AM
Demonbfg

Originally Posted by JetJockey
Yea I have the same noise in my Nismo. Its not to loud but when i hit small bumps I can hear a light noise coming from the rear of the car. I just turn my stereo up and try to ignore it. It bugs me to but cant find were its coming from. Its only on the right side though. Also am having some weird rattle coming from the front right side. It only happens when I start the car. Also after I rev it up and the rpms come back down to around 1500 rpm. Now that one is really bugging the crap out of me. Anyone have this noise?
Hold the gearshift **** when it's idleing,see if that is part of it.The gear pattern inset is only held in with glue(and not much of it).
Old 12-09-2008 | 03:50 PM
Simann

Great, two more studs broke off this morning on my way to work. I am not kidding, only the RIGHT REAR has had broken studs. This is obsurd. Something is seriously wrong with this car.

I checked last night, nothing wrong with the studs or lug nuts. This morning on my way to work, I am coming to a stop near a large intersection in town when the "groaning grinding" sound from the rear starts to get louder and I feel a very mild increase in sensation coming from the rear (I am ultra sensitive to the car now LOL). So I pull into a parking lot, and I will be damned if two of the studs are completely sheered off with no sign of the lug nuts anywhere around.

The wheels are not the problem. I am begining to wonder if something is wrong with the hub, although Nissan already replaced the rear axles and went through the car and found nothing else to be wrong.

It helps to know that some others have had problems breaking the wheel studs on the 350'z, it seems to be a pessimist. I have never owned a car, much more a reputable sports car to break wheel studs like this. I am...astonished and shocked.

My car is grounded for the next few weeks. Feel like driving it off a cliff.
Old 12-09-2008 | 05:36 PM
VENOMSZ

No, you don't want to do that.
Just be patient, she'll be good as new soon.
Old 12-09-2008 | 05:51 PM
Simann

Originally Posted by VENOMSZ
No, you don't want to do that.
Just be patient, she'll be good as new soon.

Well I could be the first NISMO 350z to go off a cliff....

Not really. But I have been looking at Supra Turbo's again.
Old 12-09-2008 | 07:17 PM
VENOMSZ

I could just see it now...Nismo jumps off cliff...
Nothing wrong with a Supra...still beautiful cars.