Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Sorry but Another Paint Code Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:19 AM
Lento

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry but Another Paint Code Question

I couldn't find the link, but could someone let me know the closest paint color code for the grey lips of the nismo areo kit

I have a fracture in my front splitter than I wanted to use some duplicolor on.

I know that Nissan does not have that color in stock, but I heard the Titan grey on the bottom part of the truck is very similiar.

So I went my dealer and asked them for that Titan color and they said they couldn't get the paint code for that either.

Anyone know the closest color to the grey on our cars? I have a piece of electric tape covering up the crack now just because I can't stand to look at it, but I'm hoping with a little cover up it will be relativly unnoticable.

I was planning on using Duplicolor, but if there is anything better let me know. Its not going to be a professional job, I am litterally going to pencil the crack in, just so I dont have to keep putting tape on it.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Coldcat83

Send me a message reminding me to ask the guys that painted my nismo, we had the paint code and it was "spot on" because we were exploring using it as the pin-stripe color. I will be there today after 1600 and all day saturday and they read my messages that pertain to painting.

~CAT

Originally Posted by Lento
I couldn't find the link, but could someone let me know the closest paint color code for the grey lips of the nismo areo kit

I know that Nissan does not have that color in stock, but I heard the Titan grey on the bottom part of the truck is very similiar.

So I went my dealer and asked them for that Titan color and they said they couldn't get the paint code for that either.

Anyone know the closest color to the grey on our cars? I have a piece of electric tape covering up the crack now just because I can't stand to look at it, but I'm hoping with a little cover up it will be relativly unnoticable.

I was planning on using Duplicolor, but if there is anything better let me know. Its not going to be a professional job, I am litterally going to pencil the crack in, just so I dont have to keep putting tape on it.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:01 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

K11 if I remember correctly
Old 02-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Lento

Originally Posted by Coldcat83
Send me a message reminding me to ask the guys that painted my nismo, we had the paint code and it was "spot on" because we were exploring using it as the pin-stripe color. I will be there today after 1600 and all day saturday and they read my messages that pertain to painting.

~CAT
PM Sent

Thanks King Baby! How does that paint code work? Does the autobody shop just type K11 into their paint mixer and presto.... grey paint?

Or can you just grab that from the Duplicolor rack at Autozone?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

K11. Graphite silver or something.

HIGHLY doubt you'll be able to find it in a store from Duplicolor.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Mr.nismo

Body shops (some of them) have a little device that they can use to read the paint. It's not 100% accurate all the times. Good luck!!
Old 02-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Coldcat83

It is K11 and a paint shop will enter it into the computer and the computer will tell them how much of what color,base and what ever else to mix to it and viola you have K11, Good Luck man.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:36 PM
jlvvega

Lento.
On this tread the paint code was discussed, hope it helps.

https://my350z.com/forum/nismo-350z/...lip-color.html

Originally Posted by Lento

Old 03-02-2009, 05:08 AM
Lento

Awesome thanks for the help guys. Once the 2 feet of snow melts up here I'll try to take some before and after pictures and post them.