Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Brandon3434's 350z Nismo #0277

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011 | 07:36 PM
SE5spd

almost $1000.00!!
Old 12-12-2011 | 11:34 PM
nismofreak1208

congrats bro!
Old 12-13-2011 | 04:55 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by SE5spd
almost $1000.00!!
The Stillen bar is only $315
Old 12-15-2011 | 08:10 AM
brandon3434

Yesterday, I went to ZSpeedPerformance to help Joe test fit some stuff on the HR/Nismo for some of his new parts he will be selling. For my time spent, he hooked me up with his zspeed aluminum undershroud. Such an awesome part! I'm gonna love being able to do 5 minute oil changes now!!!

Here are some pics:

MUST CLEAN MY Z!!!
Old 12-15-2011 | 10:58 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting
Premier Member

Sleek....congrats again!
Old 12-15-2011 | 01:12 PM
nismofreak1208

Btw, the stillen one....FITS HORRIBLY.....and i had issues on my end returning it since i bought it new when deployed. So instead of emailing back and forth over and over, i gave up and gave it away to my buddy who had to use a C-clamp to bend one of the support arms to be able to bolt down both sides flush onto the support bars. So yea, buy at ur own risk, i've had 50/50 luck with them on most of my orders
Old 12-15-2011 | 04:20 PM
fhumphrey04

Originally Posted by brandon3434
Yesterday, I went to ZSpeedPerformance to help Joe test fit some stuff on the HR/Nismo for some of his new parts he will be selling. For my time spent, he hooked me up with his zspeed aluminum undershroud. Such an awesome part! I'm gonna love being able to do 5 minute oil changes now!!!

Here are some pics:

MUST CLEAN MY Z!!!
This is awesome, I dont know why we didn't have a little plastic flap like that- it would make oil changes so much easier!

Also should help protect your oil pan a bit more than the plastic eh?
Old 12-15-2011 | 05:43 PM
brandon3434

Also, something else Joe @ Z Speed Performance had for my z, was a Wilwood Master Cylinder. Here's why this is nice:

If you have an HR, and you want an aftermarket clutch, then its added pressure will cause your slave cylinder to go out very quick, which will cause you to need a heavy duty slave cylinder to handle the pressure. With the new slave cylinder, the stock master cylinder will not be able to force enough hydraulic fluid to the slave cylinder, which will result in the clutch pedal dropping to the floor or not being able to engage into gear correctly. I was experiencing all of these problems, in this order, so now with the heavy duty master cylinder, it effectively forces enough fluid to my slave cylinder, which results in a perfectly operational clutch pedal.

What a mouth full! (Thats what she said.)

Anyways, also heres a pic:

*EDIT* After owning this for a few months, the z drives perfect. No more of the clutch pedal dropping. It basically feels stock, but its working perfect. My/Joe@ZSpeed's goal was to have a perfectly operational clutch pedal to go along with a heavy duty slave cylinder, that is needed to help compliment an aftermarket flywheel/clutch. If you have issues with your clutch pedal after an aftermarket flywheel/clutch/slave cylinder install, this is the fix!

Last edited by brandon3434; 03-09-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Old 12-15-2011 | 06:49 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Very nice! Gonna have to keep us posted on how the master cylinder works out! Do a write-up on the install.
Old 12-15-2011 | 07:06 PM
nismofreak1208

Hmmmm, very interesting
Old 12-15-2011 | 07:31 PM
kno

very nice dude i love that undershroud!
Old 12-15-2011 | 08:47 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting
Premier Member

hooked up with quality parts

some pics before you hide her away!
Old 12-16-2011 | 08:54 AM
musubi

Also, something else Joe @ Z Speed Performance had for my z, was a Wilwood Master Cylinder. Here's why this is nice:

If you have an HR, and you want an aftermarket clutch, then its added pressure will cause your slave cylinder to go out very quick, which will cause you to need a heavy duty slave cylinder to handle the pressure. With the new slave cylinder, the stock master cylinder will not be able to force enough hydraulic fluid to the slave cylinder, which will result in the clutch pedal dropping to the floor or not being able to engage into gear correctly. I was experiencing all of these problems, in this order, so now with the heavy duty master cylinder, it effectively forces enough fluid to my slave cylinder, which results in a perfectly operational clutch pedal.
Wait a minute, even with the HD slave paired with the JWT setup, you were still having the clutch pedal drop to the floor? And by not being able to engage into the gear, you mean like gear grind?

If that's the case...this CSC setup is a real PITA when going aftermarket. Nissan should've stuck with their previous design.
Old 12-16-2011 | 07:54 PM
SE5spd

Originally Posted by musubi
Wait a minute, even with the HD slave paired with the JWT setup, you were still having the clutch pedal drop to the floor? And by not being able to engage into the gear, you mean like gear grind?

If that's the case...this CSC setup is a real PITA when going aftermarket. Nissan should've stuck with their previous design.
I dont think so, I think it might be extra protection cause I havent heard of anyone having issues, I have a friend with the JWT combo and HD CSC on his HR Z and hes gone a lot of clutch kicking and launches on DRs without any problems. I do have another friend with a HD CSC on stock clutch and he seems to have a bunch of problems, but he just got the wilwood master so well see what happens.
Old 12-16-2011 | 09:31 PM
370zforme

Hey Brandon, did you do anything to your headlights? They look darker to me.... I'm considering doing a headlight mod but I was worried that it would look too dark during the day but your look good! Maybe it's just me.
Old 12-16-2011 | 10:10 PM
brandon3434

Originally Posted by musubi

Originally Posted by SE5spd
I dont think so, I think it might be extra protection cause I havent heard of anyone having issues, I have a friend with the JWT combo and HD CSC on his HR Z and hes gone a lot of clutch kicking and launches on DRs without any problems. I do have another friend with a HD CSC on stock clutch and he seems to have a bunch of problems, but he just got the wilwood master so well see what happens.
With our transmissions/engines, things will always be a little different for each car. In my situation, my slave cylinder went out due to the clutch, then with the new hd slave cylinder, i had some play in my clutch due to lack of clutch fluid. With this wilwood master cylinder, it helps force the fluid in, which makes my clutch work correctly. Like I said, its different for each car, but if you have your tranny out doing the clutch, I would research the zspeed slave cylinder for sure. Joe has a thread open in the HR engine section about his slave cylinder, lots of info there...

Originally Posted by 370zforme
Hey Brandon, did you do anything to your headlights? They look darker to me.... I'm considering doing a headlight mod but I was worried that it would look too dark during the day but your look good! Maybe it's just me.
Yeah, painted them satin black, thats all. Also has orange demon eyes. Oh, and regarding darkness, we have projector lenses, its not the old standard bulb and reflector style headlight...so if you paint the inside of the headlight black, it wont change the light output at all. Wasn't too hard, there is a write up on this forum in the DIY section, I believe...let me know if you can't find it.
Old 12-16-2011 | 10:24 PM
370zforme

who you mind taking a look at my thread in this section and telling me what you think of the mod? Thanks for the info!
Old 12-17-2011 | 09:52 AM
370zforme

Oh and Brandon, I was lurking this thread and saw that you wanted a Nismo badge awhile back... My friend's Dad owns the Nissan out here and even though they have stupid techs for the most part, they hooked me up for my new emblems. Would you want me to see what they would charge me for a Nismo emblem for you?
Old 12-17-2011 | 09:54 AM
brandon3434

^^^I'm not sure which mod you're talking about? The headlights mod? or...? Also, yes dude! That would be so awesome, I just haven't bought one yet, because I don't wanna pay 200$ for an emblem lol...
Old 12-17-2011 | 12:45 PM
370zforme

^^^I'm not sure which mod you're talking about? The headlights mod? or...? Also, yes dude! That would be so awesome, I just haven't bought one yet, because I don't wanna pay 200$ for an emblem lol...
Here's the mod that i'm talking about : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YnuDb_EKIU

And for the emblem, my guy is out today but when he's in i'll give him a call and see what he can do on the nismo emblem. I think that he charged me around $100 for it but I could be wrong because it was some time ago

Quick Reply: Brandon3434's 350z Nismo #0277