Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Project NISMO TT

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:54 AM
NismoK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Finished pics

Car seems to be running fine so far. I am going to have it on the dyno next week. Just want to put 400ish miles on it first and then double check everything is still all and well.

Couple more shots:

Rear End

Side Shot

Front End

Front End

Engine bay

Engine Bay

Front
Old 08-10-2012, 12:10 PM
NismoK

Default Final Phase 1 Build Specs

Here is the final list of everything that has gone into the car as what I guess I will say is Phase 1:

- GTM Stage 2 Tuner Twin Turbo Kit c/w Ext. WG's, OD's & 3" Downpipes.
- GTM Basic Fuel & EMS system c/w base & Osiris Reflash
- GReddy Turbo Ti-C TD 3" Exhaust
- OS Giken Twin Plate Clutch, Flywheel & HD CSC
- NISMO Oil Cap
- NISMO Radiator Cap
- SPL Solid Differential Bushing Kit
- Innovate AF Gauge (red leds)
- Defi Racer Boost Gauge (red leds)
- Defi Racer Fuel Pressure Gauge (red leds)
- Sparco Fighter Seats x2 (Red & Black)
- Tommy Kaira Hebi Bebi Shift ****
- Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 F:245/40/18 & R:285/35/19
- Replaced every single fluid in the car with Redline Fluids where I could.

I had 17,741 Miles at the time of the TT completion.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Fuggin nice man... Nice and clean with some extra power.... GL now go romp on it to make sure it'll holdup

Thanks for sharing
Old 08-10-2012, 12:37 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

super clean especially since it's white...

What's next for phase 2?
Old 08-15-2012, 11:29 AM
NismoK

super clean especially since it's white...

What's next for phase 2?
Phase 2, In order of what I want done first to last:

- Water / Meth
- Boost Controller
- Oil Cooler
- Diff
- Half Shafts
- Volk TE37 pressed graphite in 19's (for street use and keep the rays for track use)
- Endless 6/4 BBK

Phase 3 will be a built motor

Calgary is finally 100% building a new track (4.5km road track 18-19 turns, 1/4 strip and oval) so I hope to have phase 3 complete by summer 2014.

The car still seems to be running fine. I have hit wot a few times through 2-3-4 and am very happy with how it pulls. Met up with a Z06 427 out in the country roads and was pulling pretty good on him in 4th. As with everything associated with this project, the dyno is delayed till the 25th due to my awesome work schedule and the shops schedule. Personally I think it'll be around 405-410rwhp right now. I seem to hit about 7-7.5 psi @ wot with my AF around 10.2-10.4 at full boost. I could have Sam tune it a bit, but for now, with the stock block, running a little rich if fine for me.

Little info for anyone with the TT dream as I did.........I started researching as much as I could about a year ago when I sold the viper to buy the NISMO. I purchased all the major components April 2012. I had most everything by July 2012.

All in all, parts, shipping and TT install, I have spent a little over $20K now. Install alone was only $3500, so you can see how expensive of a project this is, and I still don't have everything I think one should have when turning a Z into a TTZ.

I have bought parts from the following companies: GTM, Z1 (good one), Concept Z, Vivid Racing, Assaulttech, GReddy & Tire Rack.

I have zero complaints with all companies I used, some better than others, but overall, very satisfied.

Moar pics and some vids to come along in the near future....
Old 08-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Nismo1534

If you do not mind me asking, how old are you and what life variables have allowed you to drop $20k into this project with, what sounds like, another $10-20k in the near future?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:49 AM
NismoK

If you do not mind me asking, how old are you and what life variables have allowed you to drop $20k into this project with, what sounds like, another $10-20k in the near future?
Hahah, I am 29, single, no kids, wife or gf.

I design, write, build, commission, startup and maintain Automation Equipment for Oil/Gas plants. Basically, I design and write the programs that run all the equipment (pumps, motors, valves etc..) in a Gas/Oil processing plant. I also do all the SCADA stuff involved with Remote data transfer etc.. I have been in this since I was 23. In the Alberta Oilfield, an unskilled laborer can make $100k/yr easily, so you can imagine how the payscale increases for skilled tech and engineers.

I should mention, however, that my work leaves me little to no personal time. I am on call 24/7/365, on the road probably 70% of the year and am constantly getting emergency calls which can have driving 12+ hours just to get to a site. It is a very demanding job, but there are certain perks ($$$) that I like about it.

I wish I could say I did something "cooler", but that is it.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Alloy_475

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love how it is now basically stock with all that firepower under the bonnet, helluva sleeper.

...but the TE37 graphite's will look amazing on it. I'm considering some too.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Nismo1534

Thank you for the in-depth life explanation. Always nice to get an idea of the man behind the beast!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:59 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

I'll use you as an alternate cool version of myself lmao...

I'm 29, married, one boy another kid on the way, no extra wives or sidechicks

you can use me as the boring family guy that drives a rx350 to and from work

can't wait to see more!
http://www.importtuner.com/features/...o/viewall.html
Old 08-16-2012, 06:41 PM
tkuntz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NismoK
Hahah, I am 29, single, no kids, wife or gf.

I design, write, build, commission, startup and maintain Automation Equipment for Oil/Gas plants. Basically, I design and write the programs that run all the equipment (pumps, motors, valves etc..) in a Gas/Oil processing plant. I also do all the SCADA stuff involved with Remote data transfer etc.. I have been in this since I was 23. In the Alberta Oilfield, an unskilled laborer can make $100k/yr easily, so you can imagine how the payscale increases for skilled tech and engineers.

I should mention, however, that my work leaves me little to no personal time. I am on call 24/7/365, on the road probably 70% of the year and am constantly getting emergency calls which can have driving 12+ hours just to get to a site. It is a very demanding job, but there are certain perks ($$$) that I like about it.

I wish I could say I did something "cooler", but that is it.
Atleast you get "perks" i work for Canadian Pacific Railway as a lonely Signals and Communications Technician. On call 24/7/365 but you have to work your living tail off to reach the 100k mark. 360sh OT hours at time and a half i only wish i got paid what you did haha.

Glad to see you work for every penny though and spend it wisely! ha, look forward to more.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:33 AM
NismoK

King, that 380 in the link is unbelievable!!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:11 AM
NismoK

Quick rolling shot......still trying to dial in the camera for rolling shots....

Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM
NismoK

Default Dyno

Here are the sheets from dyno session last night. Car has pretty much been in the garage the past week and a half while I have been fixing numerous issues I was having. Long story short, wish I installed this myself. Every issue I had is related to a very, very poor installation

Regardless, 3 sheets > tq, boost and af and the video.

Only 5.8 psi as the bigger springs were not installed as they were supposed to be. I thought I was seeing 7ish on the gauge before, but I guess was not seeing right, haha. Going to get bigger springs and a boost controller ordered right away here and up it to 8psi and see what it does.

At the end of the day, I think it makes good power for less than 6 psi.....

HP & TQ

HP & Boost

HP & A/F

Link to Video
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7810942...in/photostream
Old 08-30-2012, 07:59 AM
NismoZ#1033

Good to hear you're up and running! That sucks about the springs though. Owell, things rarely go perfect. Im sure the issues will get ironed out with time. Sick rolling shot
Old 08-30-2012, 09:00 AM
NismoK

Good to hear you're up and running! That sucks about the springs though. Owell, things rarely go perfect. Im sure the issues will get ironed out with time. Sick rolling shot
Thanks man. Yeah once I really started digging into it I was appalled at the what I saw. Rubbing issues everywhere, Pipes were loose, some tbolt clamps not even started. Then my undershroud ripped off at highway speeds because they only put back 25% of the screws/bolts on that. Passenger side small pipe off downpipe rubbing into tranny and last, but not least, found late last night; Motor mount bolts not installed!!! No joke, and passenger side engine spacer not installed either.

I went to speak with the Owner of "Autodream" (where the kit was installed) today and explained everything that I have found, and wouldn't you know it, they had the 2 nuts for my mounts and the missing spacer. They wanted the car back badly to fix and make it right, unfortunately though, there is not a chance they will ever touch the car again.

At the end of the day, it is what it is. Sucks, but live and learn I guess. I just have to button up the undershroud properly and put the spacer in and attach the motor back to the frame tonight and it should be back in business.

Ordered 8.7psi and 10.1psi springs today and looking at Boost controllers. Hope to have it back on the dyno within 2 weeks here at 8.7 ish psi.

** Also I want to mention, the first 500miles with the OS Giken twin plate, it was unreal awful to get out of first. At roughly 700 miles it started to really feel like the stock one. I am really happy with it **
Old 08-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Nismo1534

Good lord that is unsettling.....best of luck trying to right all the wrongs!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 AM
NismoZ#1033

Holy **** dude! Thats nuts! What did he say? I would ask for some sort of compensation or reimbersment. Im gunna add this to the long growing list of "professional shops" that do "quality builds". Well it sucks, but you live and learn. Whats that old saying again? If you want something done right............ lol. Now you have to go through everything with a fine tooth comb.

Reminds me of this:

Best of luck
Old 08-30-2012, 09:59 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Just to clear things up, Boost pressure doesn't blow up engine, torque does.

It doesn't matter how PSI you running, just keep the torque numbers low.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:02 AM
NismoK

Good lord that is unsettling.....best of luck trying to right all the wrongs!
Unsettling to say the least! Another 6 hours last night on it and everything is pretty much straightened out.

Holy **** dude! Thats nuts! What did he say? I would ask for some sort of compensation or reimbersment. Im gunna add this to the long growing list of "professional shops" that do "quality builds". Well it sucks, but you live and learn. Whats that old saying again? If you want something done right............ lol. Now you have to go through everything with a fine tooth comb.
He was a little stunned when I went through the entire list of f**k ups and basically all he could offer was work free of charge to fix it all. It's tough you know, three of them showed me all their "builds" the first day I arrived there and you know, they all looked like really good jobs. (Audi, Skyline & S14) Don't what happened to the Z....maybe they don't have the love for the Z? only Skyline and S13/14 Love there haha....yeah that old saying, it never really fails hahah. Just about had my hands on every piece of the install now and it's back rolling this morning with no rubbing sounds, and for some reason it feels a little tighter with the motor actually attached to the frame...who knew hahah

Just to clear things up, Boost pressure doesn't blow up engine, torque does.

It doesn't matter how PSI you running, just keep the torque numbers low.
Thanks for the insight. Is my torque not directly affected by how much boost I run now though? ie, As I turn up the boost now, the hp/tq will increase as well? I kind of think no more than 400wtq should be safe (as safe is safe is with a boosted stock block) I don't think I will push it past 9psi maximum until I have a built motor anyways......Although I will say boost seems to be one of the most addicting things I have ever experienced haha

The Bigger Springs are expected to arrive next Wednesday so it's possible I can get it back on the dyno next Friday evening.

Last edited by NismoK; 08-31-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Project NISMO TT