Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Project NISMO TT

Old 10-12-2012, 02:10 PM
NismoK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo1534
NismoK, can you show us how you buckle your seat belts with those seats?
Its pretty much exactly the same as stock setup.....sry for weak phone pic...

Old 10-17-2012, 09:55 AM
NismoK

Default Pics

Just some pics...

Old 10-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Really noob question but when and where did you get the certification? I bought mine brand new from Nissan and haven't ever received one of those. I'd like to get my hands on one.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:14 PM
NismoK

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
Really noob question but when and where did you get the certification? I bought mine brand new from Nissan and haven't ever received one of those. I'd like to get my hands on one.
Unfortunately the connection has moved on and the certificates are no longer available.....although I thought original owners were supposed to receive them, maybe your dealer could help you out, probs sol though....got mine feb 2012.....here is the thread about it

https://my350z.com/forum/nismo-350z/410261-nismo-certificate-of-authenticity.html

Last edited by NismoK; 10-17-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Nismo1534

Originally Posted by NismoK
Its pretty much exactly the same as stock setup.....sry for weak phone pic...

Is there a gap between your waist and the lap belt when you sit in it, or does the belt make full contact, like it would with the OEM seats?
Old 10-18-2012, 06:11 AM
Nismo350z#0310

OP, I just noticed from a picture that your front strut bar is gone??? Have you installed it again or will it not fit due to the intakes?

Another question, I'm still trying to understand- did they send you or did you order the wrong springs the wastegate(?) / blowoff valve(?) What do I need to do in order to insure I get the right springs? Is this different options GTM offers? I was under the assumption that each "stage" would come with the proper springs for proper PSI.

Another last question, what boost controller are you using and how would you rate it? I've been looking for a good boost controller but can't seem to find any.

This is a good thread though, and really helps show our nismo's with the GTM kit.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 10-18-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:05 AM
NismoK

Originally Posted by Nismo1534
Is there a gap between your waist and the lap belt when you sit in it, or does the belt make full contact, like it would with the OEM seats?
The top of my thighs are roughly 1" or so above the sides so yes, the entire belt makes full contact with my body exactly the same as the oem setup would.

Took out a friend for rip the other night and she is 5'8" @ 110lbs and the belt made contact on her too....
Old 10-18-2012, 09:00 AM
NismoK

OP, I just noticed from a picture that your front strut bar is gone??? Have you installed it again or will it not fit due to the intakes?

Another question, I'm still trying to understand- did they send you or did you order the wrong springs the wastegate(?) / blowoff valve(?) What do I need to do in order to insure I get the right springs? Is this different options GTM offers? I was under the assumption that each "stage" would come with the proper springs for proper PSI.

Another last question, what boost controller are you using and how would you rate it? I've been looking for a good boost controller but can't seem to find any.

This is a good thread though, and really helps show our nismo's with the GTM kit.
At first, the strut tower brace did not fit. This was not due to the intake tubes, but rather due to poor original install. (At first the GTM kits would not allow for the tower brace, but they made changes to the Intake tube design and now they fit. If you were one of the early users, they will send you the replacement tubes).

It does indeed take some time to fit it properly. I have had back installed for 2-3 weeks now. I put some tape on the intake tube to watch for rubbing as the securing nut on the tower brace is close to the tube, but I seem to have it set right now with no rubbing. I did add 1/4" spacers to the brace bases, basically accounting for the motor mount spacers that come with the TT kit.

Shot with it back installed (minus one bolt on each side which are both now back in)

Regarding the WG's > I would assume when GTM orders the wastegates, that they all come with the 5.8psi (stock?) springs? Not 100% on this though.

I would also assume if you discussed what your target boost level was going to be with GTM, they could change the springs for you when you order.

Honestly, with the external WG setup, it is a very simple job to change springs, maybe a 1-2 hour job to do both with basic tools and a vice.....

I am currently still just running off the springs. Sam was going to email me info on this "Blitz" Boost controller he is excited about. It is supposed to have wireless increase/decrease buttons for the steering wheel which sounded kind of interesting......but have not gotten any info yet

I have been looking at and think I will end up going with the "BLITZ Dual SBC Spec R Boost Controller" next spring. I don't think I want to give myself the option for more boost until I am built, it's too addicting haha......

Thanks man, just try to share all the experiences I am having to help out the community > 98% of my Z knowledge has come from this site.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Nismo350z#0310

What vendor or site did you get that 3" Greddy exhaust from? I can't seem to find the 3" or 80 mm pipping version anywhere?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:37 AM
NismoK

What vendor or site did you get that 3" Greddy exhaust from? I can't seem to find the 3" or 80 mm pipping version anywhere?
I got it from MVP motorsports. It is actually 2 3/4". I am not sure the Turbo Ti-C comes in 80mm, 70mm I think is the only option for it. (3" would be 76.2mm) ...... The Single Racing Ti-C system has an option for 80mm......

I am not sure how to do the exact calculation, but I believe the Turbo Ti-C is good for 1000+ hp flow wise.....
Old 11-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Nice. I'm think I'm going to go with the AAM 3" exhaust. Any driving impressions sound wise? I've noticed in alot of the videos the turbo and blow off sounds are fairly quite. What's your impressions on this? I'm a stickler for loud spool and blow offs. May try to switch up to a louder TiAl. I could be wrong I'm just going off videos I can find.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:23 PM
NismoK

Nice. I'm think I'm going to go with the AAM 3" exhaust. Any driving impressions sound wise? I've noticed in alot of the videos the turbo and blow off sounds are fairly quite. What's your impressions on this? I'm a stickler for loud spool and blow offs. May try to switch up to a louder TiAl. I could be wrong I'm just going off videos I can find.
I like the setup, it is pretty much perfect for me. There is little drone. At lower RPM'S (0-3500) I can easily have a normal conversation in the car, windows up or down. When I open it up at higher RPM'S (3500-6800ish) it is offensively loud though......

As far as spool and bov.....they are both quite noticeable in person.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Nismo350z#0310

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this sometime in the next week or two. I'm waiting to get a quote back from Sam, I'm trying to decide whether or not to order parts for internals with it so I can boost a little more. I've heard good and bad dealing with GTM, but more good. The shop I'm in contact with is a very reputable company and just finished an HR GTM TT setup and that's also allowed me to feel a little easier with it. From what I can see your overall experience was a good one with GTM. I hope I can duplicate that.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:32 AM
NismoK

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this sometime in the next week or two. I'm waiting to get a quote back from Sam, I'm trying to decide whether or not to order parts for internals with it so I can boost a little more. I've heard good and bad dealing with GTM, but more good. The shop I'm in contact with is a very reputable company and just finished an HR GTM TT setup and that's also allowed me to feel a little easier with it. From what I can see your overall experience was a good one with GTM. I hope I can duplicate that.
Awesome, I doubt you will be disappointed. If I could do it again, I would've waited and bought a built longblock with the TT all at once......You will want to keep pushing it guaranteed hahah......

Yeah I have been quite pleased with GTM. The parts are high quality and have held up so far. Expect 2x as long as quoted for parts to ship etc...phone Sam as opposed to email, he is busy 24/7 and easier to get a hold of that way......

I will say this, I have been happy enough that I will go back and most likely get more parts and the built longblock from them......GL
Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Awesome, I doubt you will be disappointed. If I could do it again, I would've waited and bought a built longblock with the TT all at once......You will want to keep pushing it guaranteed hahah......

Yeah I have been quite pleased with GTM. The parts are high quality and have held up so far. Expect 2x as long as quoted for parts to ship etc...phone Sam as opposed to email, he is busy 24/7 and easier to get a hold of that way......

I will say this, I have been happy enough that I will go back and most likely get more parts and the built longblock from them......GL
Nice this is good to hear. Yeah I was told I would receive a quote from him and it's been 2 days and no email. Lol I guess I will have to call. I've learned the hard way with many vendors it takes time to receive things. I think my coilovers took 2 months to receive. How long did you have to wait to receive the kit?

I'll stay subscribed to your page and look for any updates in the future. Your Nismo is looking very nice!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Nismo350z#0310

How's the Nismo holding up, Kyle? Any FI kinks the last month?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:03 PM
NismoK

How's the Nismo holding up, Kyle? Any FI kinks the last month?

Hey buddy, Sorry for the super delay, been traveling in Thailand for 2 months and not a lot of time for internet access......

It has been garaged since early November, due to the winter factor in Canada, but I had zero issues before I put it away. I took it on a 700km ish drive right before storage and still no real problems.

All in all, was very happy with everything for sure.

I'll definitely check in when I fire it up again in a few months, although I don't expect any issues.

I am pondering the idea of selling it this spring, I have done a bunch of SCUBA courses and training out here in Thailand and have sort of fallen in love with it and plan to turn it into a career here in Thailand for the next 5-10 years, so I figure I will probably sell it as I see no point in having a garage queen sitting for 5+ years. However, if I cannot get what I want for it and then I will just prep it as best I can for longtime storage and continue building it down the road.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:48 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

I say clean and prep/wrap up and garage it...would be an unexpressionable feeling after 5-10years!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 PM
NismoK

With the mods I made last year to the car, I had inquired to my insurance company about upping the value of my car in the event either I wrote it off or someone hit me and wrote it off.

After dumping $20k+ into it in parts alone, I wanted to see if I could up the payout of my car in the event of a total loss etc....

After 7 months of dealing with the insurance company, the supervisor and numerous photos, descriptions and receipts being sent I have finally got the final answer.

They will adjust the worth of my car in accordance with the modifications made. Apparently it took extra time after they realized almost everything I installed was geared towards more speed/power

All in all, now the car is insured to payout in the region of $50k-$55k (Just waiting on the final #). The only thing that changed on my end was my deductible, say if I write it off or do some damage myself. Deductible will now be $5k, insurance payments will remain the same as they are now.

The one certain scenario where this gives me the most peace of mind is if some tard hits me and writes off my car completely. At least now I would get enough to buy another one, plus buy and install another TT on it.

Food for thought for those with somewhat serious $$$ "invested" into their cars. I don't know if this would be the same for everyone on here from the states, but for the canadians on here > I deal with Wawanesa Insurance in Calgary AB Canada.

K
Old 03-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Nismo350z#0310

With the mods I made last year to the car, I had inquired to my insurance company about upping the value of my car in the event either I wrote it off or someone hit me and wrote it off.

After dumping $20k+ into it in parts alone, I wanted to see if I could up the payout of my car in the event of a total loss etc....

After 7 months of dealing with the insurance company, the supervisor and numerous photos, descriptions and receipts being sent I have finally got the final answer.

They will adjust the worth of my car in accordance with the modifications made. Apparently it took extra time after they realized almost everything I installed was geared towards more speed/power

All in all, now the car is insured to payout in the region of $50k-$55k (Just waiting on the final #). The only thing that changed on my end was my deductible, say if I write it off or do some damage myself. Deductible will now be $5k, insurance payments will remain the same as they are now.

The one certain scenario where this gives me the most peace of mind is if some tard hits me and writes off my car completely. At least now I would get enough to buy another one, plus buy and install another TT on it.

Food for thought for those with somewhat serious $$$ "invested" into their cars. I don't know if this would be the same for everyone on here from the states, but for the canadians on here > I deal with Wawanesa Insurance in Calgary AB Canada.

K
Wow, this is very informative. I know I've got my receipts but I'm not exactly sure where each one is specifically. I'm going to have to do some digging this weekend. Good info!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Project NISMO TT