Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Project NISMO TT

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 09:09 AM
mdd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i cant stand how shops can be so irresponsible. part of the reason id rather just buy tools myself and do as much as I can regardless of how long it takes. Cause in the end I know I will be a lot more careful than some mechanics who many know more but do less..
Old 08-31-2012, 10:28 AM
NismoK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant stand how shops can be so irresponsible. part of the reason id rather just buy tools myself and do as much as I can regardless of how long it takes. Cause in the end I know I will be a lot more careful than some mechanics who many know more but do less..
Yeah I know, it's super frustrating. I would call myself an amateur/intermediate at best mechanic, and I have been able to fix pretty much everything with a little patience, research and time.

It's just pure laziness imo.....It takes effort to do a good job, some have it, most don't......
Old 08-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Nismo1534

Originally Posted by NismoK
Thanks for the insight. Is my torque not directly affected by how much boost I run now though? ie, As I turn up the boost now, the hp/tq will increase as well? I kind of think no more than 400wtq should be safe (as safe is safe is with a boosted stock block) I don't think I will push it past 9psi maximum until I have a built motor anyways......Although I will say boost seems to be one of the most addicting things I have ever experienced haha
Man, I really wouldn't venture too far past 6psi with the stock block. After taking a stroll through the turbo section and hearing how all these HR guys are putting windows in the side of their blocks....besides, it's not like you can effectively put that kind of power to the ground in these cars anyways. Just be careful, whatever you do!
Old 09-03-2012, 02:33 AM
andyone

Hey
I have similar setup ( 350Z Nismo GTM Stage 2 with westgates , custom exhaust system , EVC boost controller ... )
Now I am runing on 8,5 psi.
When you increase boost, you will not recognize your car
Between 6 and 8 psi is a huge difference.

Sometimes I am driving on 10 psi and than car drives insane
Old 09-05-2012, 02:27 AM
HRMotor

Default ART Pipes

have you thought about adding the Motordyne ART pipes to this build? they would be a good addition.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:11 AM
NismoK

have you thought about adding the Motordyne ART pipes to this build? they would be a good addition
to quiet it down / eliminate raspiness?

Honestly, with no boost the car is quite quiet. I can have a normal conversation easily.......WOT does indeed hurt the ears, but I kind of like it this way. It is not too raspy at all.....It goes from mild to wild.....I will search around to see if I can find a sound clip of a TTZ with these installed as well, there is always room for improvement. Thanks buddy...

Hoping my new springs are waiting for me when I get home today!

K
Old 09-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

OP, you need to post some rear end shots!!! I wanna see that exhaust on the Nismo!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:29 AM
NismoK

Default As requested...

OP, you need to post some rear end shots!!! I wanna see that exhaust on the Nismo!!!
As Requested....

I will take some shots of the WG's, Turbos etc. from underneath tonight when I change out the WG Springs. If all goes well tonight and the VQ doesn't "pop", I'll be back on the dyno next week @ 8.7psi.

K
Old 09-07-2012, 06:44 AM
JaE35z

very nice
Old 09-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Urbz

Geeze 10 Grand for 60-70whp?!?! hopefully with a decent tune youll be pushing 150more whp..congratz on the new upgrade though i cant wait to get a TT in my nismo
Old 09-07-2012, 02:05 PM
NismoK

Geeze 10 Grand for 60-70whp?!?! hopefully with a decent tune youll be pushing 150more whp..congratz on the new upgrade though i cant wait to get a TT in my nismo
I really can't say for sure exactly what the gains were off the bat. I wish I would have dyno'd it before when it was stock. I really don't know the stock whp this one had. If I was to guess, maybe, if lucky 250whp here @ 3438ft above sea level. Most guys get about 265ish rwhp stock, at seal level, I'd be impressed if the Z made that 250whp mark here.

Scroll down to the Dyno sheet with my AF. You will notice I am quite rich, and could probably tune a few more hp out of it is desired.....

I'd say the Stock GTM Stage 2 TT will net you +/-100whp out of the box.....and puts a smile on every time you hit boost.

Stay tuned for the 8.7psi Dyno next week......hopefully haha
Old 09-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by nismok
as requested....

i will take some shots of the wg's, turbos etc. From underneath tonight when i change out the wg springs. If all goes well tonight and the vq doesn't "pop", i'll be back on the dyno next week @ 8.7psi.

K
wow!!! Niiiccee!!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:43 PM
NismoK

Default whoops

Dyno plans re-scheduled for next week......I messed up the order and just got one of each spring.....fail on my behalf, but it shouldn't be much more than another week.

K
Old 09-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Auto dream they are crooks you said you researched the TT kit, why not the shop doing your work? They are known for hack jobs and out right stealing parts to put on other customers cars.

Its good to see Your car looks great in the end though

We should have a meet in Calgary in early October, I know quite a few G35 guys down here.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Nismo350z#0310

OP, hurry up with this dyno video!! I am extremely interested in hearing the engine / exhaust sound as this build is extremely close to the build I have been planning. Either the Greddy exhaust or AAM exhaust is what I'll be running.

Also, do you know if you were able to keep the front Autech damper?? That intercooler is very big and I'm suprised they were able to fit it between the crash beam and the bumper. Any fitment problems you know of? Just to give me an idea. There's no way I would want to lose that front damper.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:32 AM
NismoK

Auto dream they are crooks you said you researched the TT kit, why not the shop doing your work? They are known for hack jobs and out right stealing parts to put on other customers cars.

Its good to see Your car looks great in the end though

We should have a meet in Calgary in early October, I know quite a few G35 guys down here.

Yeah buddy, the shop work was disgusting. I guess I didn't search hard enough on the shop. I had a few buddies looking around too and what we saw originally were good reviews.....clearly masked reviews, or reviews by people who never look at their finished products. Lived it and learned it....It's funny now, how many people I talk to that tell me about how awful they are. Ah well, Most everything is figured out now and its held up for 2000+ miles so far........I am down for a meet, hit me up when you're in town next.....I would love to see your G.......
Old 09-18-2012, 09:04 AM
NismoK

OP, hurry up with this dyno video!! I am extremely interested in hearing the engine / exhaust sound as this build is extremely close to the build I have been planning. Either the Greddy exhaust or AAM exhaust is what I'll be running.

Also, do you know if you were able to keep the front Autech damper?? That intercooler is very big and I'm suprised they were able to fit it between the crash beam and the bumper. Any fitment problems you know of? Just to give me an idea. There's no way I would want to lose that front damper.
Just got back from RiotFest in Chicago this past weekend......2nd set of springs have arrived....however:

I have to go out of town for work for week or so.....Gonna still be awhile looks like.......

Here is a bad shot of the damper, it stays.

I had major fitment/rubbing issues, but they were all due to the brutal install job mentioned a few times.....It's all good now for the most part (many many hours later).....It's a pretty tight fit for everything. It takes some effort to make everything fit right; but it does.

There is a dyno vid @ 5.8psi a few posts below if you want to hear it....

K
Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

Originally Posted by NismoK

, hit me up when you're in town next.....I would love to see your G.......

Everyday, I work in Calgary. I dont bring my car down very often though...maybe early october I will bring it down.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Gotcha. Thanks! And I will check out the video!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Mike Anthony

Hey, could we get a better vid of the exhaust sound?

Quick Reply: Project NISMO TT