Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

JDM 350Z Nismo help

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 11:46 PM
DEAN_ASLA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JDM 350Z Nismo help

Hi all,

Dean here, currently based out in Osaka and looking for a car. One of the cars I have seen and liked was a so called Nissan 350z Nismo, I say so called as I have seen a couple differences from what I have read online. It has service history but as its in Japanese, I would need to get that translated by a friend to understand it.

First of all the car is a 2007 model with 80,000 miles, it has had one owner from new. The bodywork is an area that needs attention, you can see the front bumper needs resprayed and the roof beam above driver poor also needs touched up (no photo of this) The car is priced at 1,900,000 JPY which reflects the paint work (£13.6k / $17.8k) The body is solid, so wouldn't mind too much about the paint. The interior is in good condition (apart from the plastics on door card, which I have read is common) but an area of concern is the seats and the steering wheel, they don't seem to match the information I can find about a Nismo (sorry not great picture of the seats but you can see the colour combination. The steering wheel has no buttons and I see the Nismo should have cruise control and stereo buttons, maybe the JDM is different? All electrics inside the car work. It has a black Nismo middle dial, not sure if this is real as read they are mainly white.

The engine sounds good, no mechanic but no odd sounds coming from the engine and the Nismo exhaust sounds amazing. Unfortunately, Japan garages don't allow you to test drive, mainly because the car isn't registered for the road but it comes with full 3 months warranty.

Main concern really is if its a Nismo or just a rebranded version, seems to have a lot of the Nismo parts but need to make sure before I go forward or not. I know very little about these cars and want to come to the people who will know.

Old 08-16-2020, 12:40 AM
zwei_the_c

Received 131 Likes on 93 Posts

To my understanding, JP Nismo is not exactly a mirror of the USDM.

The body looks correct and true, the front bumper does not have any side markers unlike USDM.
The gauge should be black with Nismo in KM/P.

As for the steering wheel, I'm not sure. I think because it's the Nismo version, they treated it like a Track package and cut down unneeded weight. I see the seats are cloth in black as well, also not certain. I also don't know if the center console should have a plague as well like the USDM XXXX of XXXX.

Have you take the VIN number and searched it through the Japanese VIN number? Have you looked at the engine bay? They must have extra bracing and in the front bumper should be Yamaha damper, visible when crouching down head on. These are very expensive to buy from Nissan new, like $1K new.

Meanwhile, should probably put an effort to seeing images of JDM Nismo on Google from Japan to compare and contrast to verify the legitimacy of this Nismo.
The following users liked this post:
DEAN_ASLA (08-16-2020)
Old 08-16-2020, 01:44 AM
DEAN_ASLA

Originally Posted by zwei_the_c

The body looks correct and true, the front bumper does not have any side markers unlike USDM.

As for the steering wheel, I'm not sure. I think because it's the Nismo version, they treated it like a Track package and cut down unneeded weight. I see the seats are cloth in black as well, also not certain. I also don't know if the center console should have a plague as well like the USDM XXXX of XXXX.

Have you take the VIN number and searched it through the Japanese VIN number? Have you looked at the engine bay? They must have extra bracing and in the front bumper should be Yamaha damper, visible when crouching down head on. These are very expensive to buy from Nissan new, like $1K new.

Meanwhile, should probably put an effort to seeing images of JDM Nismo on Google from Japan to compare and contrast to verify the legitimacy of this Nismo.
I didn't take the VIN number at the time, as far as I was concerned it was 100% a Nismo. Wasn't until I came home and started watching YouTube videos about the car, I went to the garage to view a Mitsubishi GTO. The planks were only on the USDM cars, I know they wasn't in the JDM version. I will be going back on Friday, will have a look underneath and also will look at the VIN and see if it has the extra bracing.

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-17-2020, 02:35 AM
DEAN_ASLA

Originally Posted by zwei_the_c

So it turns out that the car is a Nismo, had it checked it Nissan. The steering wheel and seats are as per JDM spec, will have one final view under the car on Thursday and if all looks ok, then I will buy it.
The following users liked this post:
zwei_the_c (08-18-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 01:14 PM
mdd

If you buy this and decide you don't like those fender arch side pieces let me know. Id pay quite well for them
Old 08-21-2020, 05:37 PM
DEAN_ASLA

Originally Posted by mdd
If you buy this and decide you don't like those fender arch side pieces let me know. Id pay quite well for them
I bought the car 2 days ago, now have to wait 4 weeks to go through the very efficient Japanese registration process lol, before I can pick it up.

Not sure the plan for it yet but in future might well start putting on carbon panels, So might be possible in the future.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:50 PM
zwei_the_c

Received 131 Likes on 93 Posts

Found a JDM NISMO on Yahoo Auction... very very interesting. It had factory GPS NAV. system. Something no USDM has. I'm very jealous! This is one thing stopping me from wanting a Nismo as silly it may be.