Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Can my car handle 100 shot??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Vip350z03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Can my car handle 100 shot??

I have an 03 Track edition w/ basic bolt ons (full exhaust minus headers) and intake (popcharger). I purchased the Zex wet kit from another member and have yet to put it on my car due to a debate on if i should spray or go FI. I will now most likely spray but i just want to make sure my car is ready. I purchased the 1 step colder spark plugs (irridum) when i purchased the kit and plan on having them installed w/ the kit, but i want to make sure that there isnt any other precaution i should be taking.I dont plan on spraying more than 100 shot and most likely only at the track. Also, where have people been purging?? i have the additional purge kit but have no idea where to go w/ it. ANY suggestions would be really helpful since this is my 1st experience w/ not only modding a car, but spraying as well. Thanks guys!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:23 PM
raptorbh12

yes you can handle 100 shot with no problem at all. Just dont skimp on gas and get 91 or 93 octane all the time. Your engine wont suffer at all from a 100 shot and your fuel system is more than adequate.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:20 AM
Gators2001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent had any probs.... other then make a 911 Turbo cry .
Old 07-29-2005, 09:37 AM
TruBluZ

You can run a 100 shot all day long...
Old 07-29-2005, 09:44 AM
xluv2eatx

yea, you would respond tru....
Old 07-29-2005, 10:39 AM
TruBluZ

Originally Posted by xluv2eatx
yea, you would respond tru....
Old 07-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Vip350z03

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the replys. Im most likely gonna get rid of my spare and hide the bottle there, but i still have no clue where to purge at. I've seen a pic of someone purging around the Z side emblems but that requires drilling through it. The windshield is so common, and i wanted something different. Anyone who has any ideas or could share some insight it would help since my install is monday. Thanks again!
Old 07-29-2005, 03:49 PM
SixRB6

What up VIP350Z03,

Let me know how this goes please...I am also thinking about doing a wet nitrous kit.......Don't you need some type of manager as well??? I could be wrong cuz I have no clue about nitrous..I am trying to research as well. As far as purging I am going to purge it through the vent in my Seibon TS hood or if I get the VT I will do the same...If you have a custom hood do it through the vents with the led to light it up!! or Bring the purge down to the front grill and aim them out to the sides like a bull is breathing!! Just my opinion...But keep me posted
Old 07-29-2005, 07:38 PM
Vip350z03

I've seen through the front grille and it looks bad A$$!! Definitely very bull like. i think i mite try through my sidemarker too. I have the EVO-R LED sidemarkers which should add to the illumination, but i probably wont make my final decision until they pull it in the shop. I'll definitely post pics of the install though......and as far as i know i dont NEED a manager, but something like SAFC or a maximizer helps. Can someone w/ a little more experience with nitrous verify that??i might be wrong, im totally new as well.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:07 AM
raptorbh12

no you dont need a manager but it would be good to at least use race fuel when going to the track to prevent detonation when using nitrous repeatedly, although u can use it freely on pump gas with little worry. just make sure you have colder plugs.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Vip350z03

So my car is in the shop right now, i dropped it off at 10:00 this morning and i guess some of the guys are having trouble finding a place for the arming switch. Im trying to be as low key as possible about this whole project (bottle hidden in spare tire well, all wiring and Zex management boxes hidden) and with that in mind, does anyone have any idea where i could hide the switch. The ash tray wont work he said (despite the fact ive seen it done in pics) and im considering the blank next to my VDC button....but thats definitely NOT low key. Anyone who cared to drop an idea would really help. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Vip350z03

Oh, and could anyone who has experience w/ Zex tell me if you always have to tap into the fuel line w/ a wet kit. My guy said he had to do that b/c i didnt have some adapter piece that you can buy that avoids cutting into the fuel line. Is there any truth to this??
Old 08-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Gators2001

Originally Posted by Vip350z03
Oh, and could anyone who has experience w/ Zex tell me if you always have to tap into the fuel line w/ a wet kit. My guy said he had to do that b/c i didnt have some adapter piece that you can buy that avoids cutting into the fuel line. Is there any truth to this??

Yup, www.mynismo.com carries and some others...

I think it was like 74 bones.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Mean Gene

Thumbs up Adapter

VIP - I just tapped into my OEM fuel line w/ the T fitting that ZEX supplied. Too many members were having problems with the SPX adapter leaking so I went old school with the simple tee. Others had said that the fuel pressure would cause the tee to leak but it's been almost a year & no problems! Of course, I'll probably need to change things once my Vortech's installed w/ the rising rate FPR.
I have a G coupe so I put my switches ( master arming; bottle opener & purge ) in the storage compartment above the radio but I think U Z guys have factory gauges up there already? Good luck & have fun!

P.S. Check out this purge location - https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....=nitrous+purge

I've seen 2 lines run up to the grille & the purge nozzles located in the Nissan emblem so that it looks like the snorting bull U mentioned - sweet but I prefer a more low key approach as I enjoy the look on their faces as I surprise
their 'Vettes & Porsches!!

Last edited by Mean Gene; 08-02-2005 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Add hyperlink
Old 08-03-2005, 09:42 AM
Vip350z03

Thats pretty much all i was worried about in terms of tapping into the fuel line. Now i guess my guys are having a hard time w/ something else (i never thought a N02 install would take so long....3 days??) I guess they dont have something that has to do w/ the WOT switch. They said they might put it on the pedal instead or something?? everything else is installed though.....arming switch and purge button are in the ashtray and the bottle its self is in the spare tire well. They cut a small square out of the cover for spare to allow space for the bottle. Now all they need to do is figure this last thing out and NO2 here i come!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 01:47 PM
raptorbh12

haha same thing here i dropped my car off today and i was assuming in and out in one day and now there like o yea well need it another day... well its the price u pay for speed. My setup has a few more things though, i have two tanks and two blow down tubes and purge and remote bottle openers and Fuel block and window switch with WOT switch and larger jets. Im hoping its all in by tommorow. If it is ill stop jacking your thread and start my own.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:56 PM
nexstage350

yep i think it can, buddy of mine is running nitrous all the time.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by raptorbh12
haha same thing here i dropped my car off today and i was assuming in and out in one day and now there like o yea well need it another day... well its the price u pay for speed. My setup has a few more things though, i have two tanks and two blow down tubes and purge and remote bottle openers and Fuel block and window switch with WOT switch and larger jets. Im hoping its all in by tommorow. If it is ill stop jacking your thread and start my own.
WTF!! You took you car to a shop to have the N20 installed? Damn man you coulda done that, I woulda helped, I sold my Zex kit for my old car and put it in an Eclipse back in the day.....did you at least take it to a good shop?

BTW when you get it installed, call me we can meet up so we can see how many cars you put on me.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Gators2001

Another aspect to the long install, (not knocking on the shop) shops think Nitrous is easy until they start running the wires on our car. This thing sure is no Honda, where there is tons of info about every wire. I pulled my car out of a shop once b/c I realized I knew more then the guy working on my car.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:26 AM
raptorbh12

Yea im gettin it done at altered atmosphere in gaithersburg, ill do a full writeup tonight. And then during the weekend ill run my car with this setup and see what numbers i get.

Quick Reply: Can my car handle 100 shot??