Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

NOS Installed. Amazing.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 06:27 PM
2003z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the props..a second bottle? oh shiet..I cant wait to see that one. Definetly keep me in the loop with the plugs..

Mike
Old 02-14-2003, 06:50 PM
Zaphod 350z

Second bottle is just the start!! I'm looking for ways to mount bottles all over the place!! haha. I'll let you know what I find. It's 10:50pm Friday night, I'm going to stop being a goober posting on internet forums and go do something now!
Old 02-14-2003, 06:54 PM
2003z33

LOL
Old 02-15-2003, 04:16 AM
12SecZ

Were you guys able to get the zex plugs for our cars
I got 6 of them, they have them 2 degrees colder.

My car is supposed to be ready tomorow. This place sure is taking their time, thyey only charged me 6 hours labor though and that includes the kit, plugs, bottle opener and purge so I can't complain.

It's being done stealth. The jet is going in under the CAI instead of on top and it will be covered in a wire loom.

Can't wait to get my car back.

As for N20 and Auto's it's actually easier to work with than 6 speeds, you are either WOT or NOT, unless you use a window switch. Let off the gas the Nitrous shuts off, floor ir it goes on. It's that simple. Just hold on!
Old 02-15-2003, 07:46 AM
STLZ
Banned

what kit are you using
Old 02-15-2003, 08:01 AM
wadd3456

Maxhax, why didnt you install it yourself? Nitrous kits are VERY easy to throw on a car. Shouldnt take you longer then 4hrs tops.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:03 AM
12SecZ

Zex 75 HP Wet Kit,

The part number is not listed on their website yet, it just came out about 3 weeks ago. It is designed for our engines. I called Tech support for the kit they "recommended" for my car and they were very helpful. They even found the Zex authorized installer in my area and gave me his name and number. They really have good customer service.

I went with Zex because of their computer control module. It is really neat, control everything, even the selenoids are inside it. Makes for a cleaner install compared to the NOS dry kits.

They know this install is going to be viewed by allot of people so they are really going all out. The purge button and remote bottle opener button could almost pass as stock, the Arming button is pretty big though, it has a protective latch over it too, a nice touch compared to the plain blue up or down toggle with very weak LED switch my NOS 5177 kit had.

They only have two mechanics though and they have a waiting list. I turned my car in Friday and it was supposed to be done yesterday and it wasn't. He said the mechanic had to leave early today too and Monday is a holiday and started talking Tuesday and I sort of got a slight attitude with him but not bad, I mean 3 business days for a N20 kit? He said that they are trying to hide the computer controller module in the engine bay somewhere, plus I am having an NHRA certified blow down tube venting out the car from the trunk too and a pressure guage. He is going to do his "best" to get it finished today, I'm not tripping I don't like when people working on my car feel rushed anyways so I backed off. Like I said he only charged me 6 hours labor and they were passed that about 3 hours ago yesterday. I'm gonna take pics of all the areas involved, engine, switches and trunk etc.

I went with them because they put the same kit in another Z around here in Sacramento so they are at least familiar with the car.

Anyone I know??? John where did you go haven't scene you post in awhile!

I am rambling, I got off work a few hours ago, more than a few I need to head for the bed and crash. heheh L8TR
Old 02-15-2003, 08:06 AM
12SecZ

Maxhax, why didnt you install it yourself? Nitrous kits are VERY easy to throw on a car. Shouldnt take you longer then 4hrs tops.
Because my car would probably never run again lol, ever

Really though, I get a great warranty if I have a ZEX authorized Dealer install it and we all know shiznit happens right?

I did the grounding kit and CAI but I'm not messing with electronics, plus I guess some type of "tap" is needed for the jet into the CAI?

I am not really a DIY'er, I posted for some help in my region here on the board but didn't get any bites.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:50 AM
wadd3456

They didnt give it back yet cause they are JOY RIDING in it hahahha. Not kidding either.

I recall one time I brought my done up Avenger in and was asking where the hell my car was. Turn around and there it goes down the street ***** TO THE WALL. Two greasy mechanics with the top open having a good ole time. 100+ miles later, the car was returned and all was denied. This didnt happen just once either, and it was from dealers ALL over, not just 1.

It honestly should not take 2 guys longer then 2hrs to do that install. Infact, I did a zex install on an SS in about 3hrs by myself while explaining the install to other folks.

Regardless, your going to love it. Just dont get greedy like EVERYONE who installs nitrous. Please please be carefull.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:17 AM
zeroday

What happens when you guys need to take your car to the Nissan dealer for warranty work? I'm guessing if they see you've got NOS they would void your warranty? I'd love to install something like this, but after spending 38k on a car I have no money to replace the motor on my own if it gets torqued .
Old 02-15-2003, 11:06 AM
2003z33

Originally posted by zeroday
What happens when you guys need to take your car to the Nissan dealer for warranty work? I'm guessing if they see you've got NOS they would void your warranty? I'd love to install something like this, but after spending 38k on a car I have no money to replace the motor on my own if it gets torqued .
I believe theres a federal Regulation when it comes to warranty
http://www.duramaximizer.com/magnuson_moss.htm
My last car had many mods to engine and ECU. They tried to void my warranty becuase I had a Modded ECU. I was getting check engine lights and the car was going into limp mode. They replaced the ECU with a new one and it did the same thing. Turned out to be the throttle body, which was drive by wire. Covered under warranty and they paid for my old ECU which had an upgraded chip..So in short they have to prove that the aftermarket part added did cause the defect or sould i say damage. Anyone have any issues with warranty in the past?
Old 02-15-2003, 09:00 PM
12SecZ

They didnt give it back yet cause they are JOY RIDING in it hahahha. Not kidding
Yeah no shi*

I am quite sure they have taken one too many test drives. They woke me up on my cell phone today and it *still* isn't done!

They claimed "they had to fabricate a metal part to mount the bottle to and they paint matched it and were waiting for the paint to dry."

I was asleep when they called and lit into them.

Amizingly they are going in tomorow ( ON A SUNDAY?)

And finishing it, one more hour they said, and I am off tomorow too! So pics will be up!

Everything is done except mounting the bottle, they spent allot of time "on the 3 switches."

I hear you though Zex claims 4 hours for install. This shop got high marks.reviews so it better look good!

Tomorow is the day, I'm off to work another graveyard.

Oh and thanks for the safety warning, I apreciate it when true peolple show they care. If anything I am over cautiuos, so I will be cool.

Starting with 65HP Jets for now too instead of 75HP.
Old 02-21-2003, 05:44 PM
2003z33

THe kit is a universal WET NOS KIT with a 10lb bottle. If your looking for one, give our store a call 757.306.8686 and ask for Mike..Let him know your interested in the same Kit as the one in the Auto Solution Z..
Old 02-28-2003, 08:19 PM
redlineRED350z

Hey, i need some help on the TPS wire, ok i know that the TPS wire on the ZEX module is white.....and what color is it on our car and where is it located? PLEASE help! I can't seem to find it. thanks all.
Old 03-01-2003, 12:02 AM
kaiser23

Ok, one of you NOS guys has got to go to the track. You spent a grand on the system, spend $30 and go get some numbers for us who are considering nos.

(please )
Old 03-01-2003, 05:00 AM
12SecZ

My system is complete and it runs very well, no detonation or KR that I can sense. I have a date with the track set. I will post slips.
I have ran one bottle with 65 jets (wet) and really tempted to go 75 but it feels so solid and the jets are hard to get to (fuel and N20 dual.) Decisions... Zex says it may cause retard, so I may stay at 65 and get gains elsewhere, I'm leaning that way anyways.

What I need help with is some detailed instructions on how to disable the power reduction when brake is applied (the brake light wire mod?) So I can heat my tires a little before launching. I have an Auto at that.

Level of difficulty for this trick mod and any negatives to doing it?

TIA.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:15 PM
redlineRED350z

MAXHAX...does your ..check engine...light go on? My does and it will not go away! I have ZEX 55 shot kit.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:46 PM
12SecZ

Default Yes it came on

Tech confirmed it is a known Voltage issue with the Z.

It will *not* effect performance at all. Nothing is worong.

Mine went out permently after about 10 starts and never came back on.

Don't worry about it too much, there is a thread on clearing the CES light here that has step by step instructions on how to clear it.

I started the thread do a search by keyword and by my username if you like and keep me posted on if it goes out/stays out.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: NOS Installed. Amazing.