Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

My first ever vid

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Nastyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
simply put is that nitrous allows you to burn A LOT more fuel effectively in lower rpms, it increase exponentially as you lower the rpms. this creates a higher tq number than hp on almost every nitrous run i have seen as long as the car has a normal rpm range from say 2000-8000. horsepower and torque always cross at 5252 and the number for tq should read lower and go down after that number everytime.

a lot of the lower number has to do with the fall of bottle pressure as well, you can lose anywhere from 50-200 psi on a long 5th gear pull on a dyno depending on the setup.

Hmm.. well I do understand the basic principle as to how nitrous works. However, what I'm not sure you're saying is regarding the gear the dyno pull is done. Because the way the car responds on the bottle, we had to do a 4th gear pull... is this what you are referring to when you mention a 5th gear run?

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
do you have a nitrous maximizer or anything controlling the nitrous to let it hit a little softer than normal. can you post up your graph.
No, nothing is controling the nitrous. Once it's on... it's on.
I'll scan the graph once I get a chance. But it's basically the same graph you see on the vid. Maybe I'll just do a screen shot if it's faster.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What would you like me to do? tune your SAFC online via a web forum? You've got no datalogger, and no idea what the car is doing when. Flying blind aint no way to roll

The answer is simple as far as I see- ditch the SAFC, put it on ebay, etc. and pick up, at a minimum, a UTEC, get it professionally tuned by a competant person, and you'll be sitting pretty, with a FAR better mgmt system, that is consistent, does what you tell it to do, and will grow with you as you do more mods.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Nastyboy

^^^ Never asked for a tune via web forum.... didn't ask for un-needed sarcasm either.

All I'm sayin is, if you're socalled experts, then act like it. If you have a comment as to why the SAFC is not the proper tool for this application, then enlighten us, show/tell us (those who don't know) why . That's what this forums is for, isn't it?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I already explained why several days ago. My recommendations is just as I said. Ditch the SAFC, and pick up a UTEC, and you'll truly be able to tune the car the right way. Right now, you're just guessing (figuratively, via the SAFC), and with Nitrous, that's not really something you want to do. You need something stable, and consistent.

If in the LA area, I'd contact Dan at Harman Motive for the tune, and a utec you can pick up from a variety of places from used, to new. We have them in stock if needed as well.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 11-29-2007 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:37 PM
bacalhau16

Originally Posted by Nastyboy

All I'm sayin is, if you're socalled experts, then act like it. If you have a comment as to why the SAFC is not the proper tool for this application, then enlighten us, show/tell us (those who don't know) why . That's what this forums is for, isn't it?

It kinda has already been explained. Your factory ECU see's what the S-AFC is doing in a sense, and just works around it setting things back to its own specs. Its as if its not even there. Perhaps is does work well on your car and all, but this is the general idea and thought on an S-AFC with Z's. And Jeremey has tested it out. He said that as well.

Nice looking car though nonetheless. And your numbers are also impressive regardless. Good stuff.