Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Need some help finding tach signal for NX RPM Window Switch on VQ35HR

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Kimypooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help finding tach signal for NX RPM Window Switch on VQ35HR

Hello, I am trying to install an NX kit on a 2007 G35 Sedan w/ VQ35HR. I have pretty much everything done except I can't quite figure out where to get the tach signal for the RPM Window Switch.

Does anyone have any insight? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Kim
Old 06-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Italianjoe1

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kimypooo
Hello, I am trying to install an NX kit on a 2007 G35 Sedan w/ VQ35HR. I have pretty much everything done except I can't quite figure out where to get the tach signal for the RPM Window Switch.

Does anyone have any insight? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Kim
What do the instructions say to tap into?

I wired up a NOS window switch and it asked for two injector wires to be tapped for tach signal, #1 and the next one in the firing order.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:13 AM
The Guy

Default Coil Pack

If you are looking at the engine bay on the passenger side locate the first coil pack, it sits above where you would install spark plugs. You’re going to use the #1 coil pack. (If you’re standing directly in front of your engine, it is the one on the passenger side closes to you) The wire you are looking for is going into the connector that plugs into the coil pack; the wire is yellow with a black line running down it. There are three wires going into the connector the one you need is YELLOW and BLACK. On my Zex window switch when the car is on I am able to read what RPMs I am idling at, if your window switch is the same, you know its hooked up correctly.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Italianjoe1

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by The Guy
If you are looking at the engine bay on the passenger side locate the first coil pack, it sits above where you would install spark plugs. You’re going to use the #1 coil pack. (If you’re standing directly in front of your engine, it is the one on the passenger side closes to you) The wire you are looking for is going into the connector that plugs into the coil pack; the wire is yellow with a black line running down it. There are three wires going into the connector the one you need is YELLOW and BLACK. On my Zex window switch when the car is on I am able to read what RPMs I am idling at, if your window switch is the same, you know its hooked up correctly.
Good to know, thanks. Anywhere I can find a good wiring diagram for these engines without picking up a factory service manual?
Old 07-26-2009, 09:37 AM
The Guy

You can download the manual from Nissan Z tech. Do a Google search for service manual 350z and it will come up.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:26 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by The Guy
This sounds right, but I thought it was yellow with red stripes. Either way, the above post is the best answer.