Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Finished my dynotune hidden setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 05:19 PM
SRT8-Jeep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finished my dynotune hidden setup

finally we finished up installing my nitrous setup after a long while since we couldnt really find any time to work except for the few nice weekends we have had in new jersey. O well, good things tend to take a longer time, and I'd say this kit came out pretty darn good.

this kit is hidden and came out pretty darn clean too. We just decided to hide it so we dont get hassled by tech at the track

also, for anyone who wants to know, I'm running jets for a 100 shot right now (running awesome without even a tune), but we plan on moving up in the future

and before anything else I'd like to thank my buddy Justin to did a whole lotta work on this sucker

Ill start with the parts list

-Dynotune wet nitrous kit
-Dynotune purge
-dynotune bottle warmer
-dyntotune pressure gauge
-LC-1 wideband with dynotune gauhe
-dynotune remote bottle opener
-dynotune switch center
-NX progressive controller
-Utec
-NGK colder plugs
-Berk test pipes

and on to what youve all been waiting for...the pictures

wheres that bottle?

here it is

switch center

gauges

and whered the progressive controller go?

hey, there she blows

cant find the solenoids or anything?????

oooo here they are

and theres the fogger peeking out

and the purge

for utec connection

all tucked away

and some more info.....

jetted for 100 shot and not even one ping without any timing pulled or a tune so well definatley be moving up with a tune

we took the car to the track but the clutch (around 50,000 miles on the z now) was really slipping bad (what we expected ) so nothing really came out of it except that the motor is holdin the squeeze like a champ...hey good to know

o well the track will be closed for the winter pretty soon so well have time to put a beefier clutch in the sucker and hold that power

and finally....

pics of the car

and again thanks to Justin for doin the majority of this

Last edited by SRT8-Jeep; 11-07-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:06 PM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice. Welcome to the stealth club. Put electrical tape around your fogger to hide the letters, makes it even more stealth. I like the angle of your bottle. On the passenger side, there is metal that restricts mine from going to the angle, its what helps secure the glove box. I should have put my sub box in the passenger side and nitrous on the driver side, but I like the fact I can open the glove box quick.

Edti: What size are your jets? Did dynotune tell you that jetting they gave you rated at the crank or wheels.

Last edited by BakaN20; 11-07-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:40 PM
SRT8-Jeep

Originally Posted by BakaN20
Nice. Welcome to the stealth club. Put electrical tape around your fogger to hide the letters, makes it even more stealth. I like the angle of your bottle. On the passenger side, there is metal that restricts mine from going to the angle, its what helps secure the glove box. I should have put my sub box in the passenger side and nitrous on the driver side, but I like the fact I can open the glove box quick.

Edti: What size are your jets? Did dynotune tell you that jetting they gave you rated at the crank or wheels.
the fogger is usually covered by a larger piece of wire loom, but i hadnt put it in just for the pictures

also, I'm running the 100 shot from the trex calculato so its 100 whp unlike dynotun'es which rates it at the crank...its actually closer to 110 shot because we picked up the jets at my local speed shot and since there mostly a camaro/vette car shop those were the smallest jets they carried

jet sizes

nitrous: .052
fuel: .029
bottle PSI: 950

Last edited by SRT8-Jeep; 11-07-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:42 PM
bottlefedZ

Nice setup
Old 11-07-2009, 07:53 PM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Loving the stealth install but clean your interior man that's disgusting. The seats need some TLC!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:25 PM
mgrotel

what are the two wires for that connect to the utec? is one to plug into a laptop and the other to switch through your preset maps? and did you do just the 1 step colder plugs?

thats about a 120shot, i wouldnt hit the switch too much until you get it tuned, or at least hook up your laptop and just pull some timing until you get a tune, imo

Last edited by mgrotel; 11-07-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:18 AM
SRT8-Jeep

Originally Posted by mgrotel
what are the two wires for that connect to the utec? is one to plug into a laptop and the other to switch through your preset maps? and did you do just the 1 step colder plugs?

thats about a 120shot, i wouldnt hit the switch too much until you get it tuned, or at least hook up your laptop and just pull some timing until you get a tune, imo
the switch to change maps is between the gauges

the two wires are a serial wire and usb wire since sometimes the utec gets moody with the usb I just put in a serial in case

yes, just one step colder plugs. and this is not close to the first nitrous car Ive owned so from how its been running Id say I'll tune it when we put bigger jets in. I ran it down the track on friday seven times even though the clutch was giving out...after the first two runs I didnt bother launching it and just babied the launch and just tried to see what kind of mile an hour I could get out of it. Anyway, I didnt get one ping out of the z the whole time, so yes I might pull some timing just to be safe but for now I'll probably just hold the tune for a bigger shot in the spring
Old 11-08-2009, 05:20 AM
SRT8-Jeep

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Loving the stealth install but clean your interior man that's disgusting. The seats need some TLC!
ya I know, but I took these of friday morning right after we finished the install. I didnt bother cleaning it while we were working since a lot of the pannels were off the car. Its clean now
Old 11-08-2009, 06:07 AM
Lakeside

Nice install & rims! Imagine the SRT8 Cherokee with Nitrous..
Old 11-08-2009, 06:47 AM
SRT8-Jeep

Originally Posted by Lakeside
Nice install & rims! Imagine the SRT8 Cherokee with Nitrous..
haha dont get me thinking about that...
Old 11-08-2009, 06:51 AM
twitch579

Originally Posted by SRT8-Jeep
the fogger is usually covered by a larger piece of wire loom, but i hadnt put it in just for the pictures

also, I'm running the 100 shot from the trex calculato so its 100 whp unlike dynotun'es which rates it at the crank...its actually closer to 110 shot because we picked up the jets at my local speed shot and since there mostly a camaro/vette car shop those were the smallest jets they carried

jet sizes

nitrous: .052
fuel: .029
bottle PSI: 950
52/29 jets is about a 125 shot.

Im running a 53/30, my 100 shot from dynotune was a 48/26.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:00 AM
SRT8-Jeep

Originally Posted by twitch579
52/29 jets is about a 125 shot.

Im running a 53/30, my 100 shot from dynotune was a 48/26.
dynotune shot are rated at the crank so you are right that would be dynotunes 125 shot with the 53/30...however if you had read, we use a different calculator (trex calculator) that rates the shot at the wheels and would give you the around 110 HP rating at the wheels
Old 11-08-2009, 09:07 AM
mgrotel

Originally Posted by SRT8-Jeep
the switch to change maps is between the gauges

the two wires are a serial wire and usb wire since sometimes the utec gets moody with the usb I just put in a serial in case

yes, just one step colder plugs. and this is not close to the first nitrous car Ive owned so from how its been running Id say I'll tune it when we put bigger jets in. I ran it down the track on friday seven times even though the clutch was giving out...after the first two runs I didnt bother launching it and just babied the launch and just tried to see what kind of mile an hour I could get out of it. Anyway, I didnt get one ping out of the z the whole time, so yes I might pull some timing just to be safe but for now I'll probably just hold the tune for a bigger shot in the spring
cool, if it were to detonate, would it be really loud and obvious? ive heard detonation before, just not on this platform, thanks
Old 11-08-2009, 09:31 AM
SRT8-Jeep

its definitely something you would notice. almost like rattling but faster...kind of hard to describe.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:36 AM
mgrotel

"marbles in a can" is the best way ive heard it described, but just didnt know if it would be any different on these vq's, thanks
Old 11-08-2009, 11:34 AM
SRT8-Jeep

"marbles in a can" is the best way ive heard it described, but just didnt know if it would be any different on these vq's, thanks
ive heard it on one other z before and I'd say it sounds just like what youd normal hear on any other car. I'd just go with the old if it dont sound normal then left way of thinking anyway
Old 11-08-2009, 12:41 PM
mgrotel

ok, thanks

keep us updated on what jets you go with when you get to tuning it. do you plan to go with 2 step colder plugs as you get more aggressive with the jets or just stay with the one step?
Old 11-08-2009, 02:22 PM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey SRT8-Jeep,

Where in Jersey do you live? Hopefully I can finish the Z up by summer if money allows and we can hit up e-town sometime.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:39 PM
SRT8-Jeep

Originally Posted by BakaN20
Hey SRT8-Jeep,

Where in Jersey do you live? Hopefully I can finish the Z up by summer if money allows and we can hit up e-town sometime.
I'm in denville...about an hour from englishtown. My grandparents actually live about two minutes from e-town so I can always head down
Old 11-08-2009, 04:41 PM
SRT8-Jeep

ok, thanks

keep us updated on what jets you go with when you get to tuning it. do you plan to go with 2 step colder plugs as you get more aggressive with the jets or just stay with the one step?
I'll have to see what upsized jets and a tune do for me, then I'll see. Then again, well have to wait till I get a new clutch in to see because roastin this baby and not movin isnt any fun

Quick Reply: Finished my dynotune hidden setup