Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Few misc spray questions - HR Z

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 04:08 AM
NFGZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few misc spray questions - HR Z

So I am picking up a zex wet kit tonight from someone local and have a few questions. Its a pretty good deal, bottle, l;ines, solenoids, bottle warmer, mounting bracket, and purge system for $275. Guy says the kit is in good condition, so when I pick it up we'll just check to make sure the solenoids are working well.

The kit is off of a mustang, and I drive a 07 HR Z, so what is the best way to split the line for my intakes? Should I just buy a line from Zex for my car, or can I get a T adapter for it?

Also, being completely new to spray (fret not - I have read over the multiple popular spray threads, and they have been a great help), I was curious about what Zex says on their website for the 07 zex kit, vs what I'm getting. The zex page says "Because of the 350Z’s higher than usual base fuel pressure of 51psi, the kit also includes a custom set of tuning jets that not only maximize power but engine safety as well. ZEX™ Active Fuel Control™ technology adjusts fuel enrichment with variations in bottle pressure to ensure that you’re never too rich or too lean. ZEX™ electronics activate the nitrous system only at wide open throttle for safety and power when you need it most". My question is this "zex active fuel control technology", what exactly is this? Will this differ from the kit I am getting, assuming the kit was from a mustang?

I will be picking up a few misc things before the kit is installed. Wide band, dynotunes lean cut off, I would like a remote bottle opener, and a bottle pressure gauge.

Thanks for the any help you guys can offer!

So I dont lose this important link.
https://my350z.com/forum/nitrous-oxi...ch-review.html
Old 10-04-2013, 08:45 AM
NFGZ

Bump
Old 10-05-2013, 01:30 PM
NFGZ

What kind of window switch should I get for a zex kit?
Old 10-14-2013, 12:11 PM
AT1222

All you need is a T fitting for both the fuel and nitrous solenoids, and 4 lines(2 for fuel, 2 for nitrous). As for the higher fuel pressure, that is true, just use dynotune's online jet calculator and order the jets you need for the power you want, noting that you have dual intakes so cut the number in half.

Say if you want a 100 shot, put in the calculator that you want a 50 shot, and order 2 of each fuel and nitrous jet that it tells you.

As for the cut off switch, I've never had any experiences with those, I used a Microedge nitrous controller on my HR, and it has all those functions built in.