Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blkG3hirty5ive
my first car was a $7500 1994 impala SS and i still hated on TC's
what are you talking about....thats a badass car
Old 02-25-2008, 06:13 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ASNTech
I have a few points to make in my first post....

1. Were those cars in your way? No, I don't think they were show "worthy" but they paid to show just like everyone else. They didn't steal ANYONE'S spot in the show because, quite frankly, if we were running short on spots, we would have MADE more to accomodate everyone who wanted to show. From a spectator point of view, if you did not like the cars in the show, just ignore them. There is no reason to belittle the owners and the cars they own.

2. If anyone should be upset about the quality of the show portion of the day, it would be those of us that had to judge those 50 some odd scions and cliff; the show organizer. It is the Import Face Off name on the show and if those of you feel the quality of the show was less than stellar, it is his future shows that might suffer. Somehow, I don't see that being a problem seeing as how his shows are consistently getting better.

3. We are all apart of the same Louisiana car scene. Why speak badly about those who have done no harm to you? It would be a bit different if they had said something about the Z's but, as far as I know, they did not nor did they have reason to. Much like, some of you have no reason to criticize their choice of cars and mods.

If I said, "I am sick and tired of punk kids who have their mommy and daddy buy them a 350z and disrespect others who have less expensive cars," I would hope some of you would set me straight.

In short, yes the 350z is a nicer car but I'm sure it's not your first car. Instead of talking down to those who drive those "near stock Scions," why not offer some advice or get to know some of those who OWN the cars? Don't automatically assume anything about anyone....

Oh yea, a lot of you know me but we'll see how long it takes. Lovely first post, I know. A lot of the same is being said on other forums and it's getting old.
Is it Mark? Mark knows me a lot better than that

I can't really complain much about the cars in the show itself because for the most part... I avoided it. I did avoid the Scion section for the most part because one of those clubs had a lot of them driving like idiots on the interstate on the way to NOLA. Hell, I have a few friends that are tC owners and I have much respect for them and their cars.

Like I said... there were 350Zs in there that I didn't like, it had NOTHING to do with what kind of car it was for me.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:15 PM
DustinZ33

I have a few points to make in my first post....

1. Were those cars in your way? No, I don't think they were show "worthy" but they paid to show just like everyone else. They didn't steal ANYONE'S spot in the show because, quite frankly, if we were running short on spots, we would have MADE more to accomodate everyone who wanted to show. From a spectator point of view, if you did not like the cars in the show, just ignore them. There is no reason to belittle the owners and the cars they own.

2. If anyone should be upset about the quality of the show portion of the day, it would be those of us that had to judge those 50 some odd scions and cliff; the show organizer. It is the Import Face Off name on the show and if those of you feel the quality of the show was less than stellar, it is his future shows that might suffer. Somehow, I don't see that being a problem seeing as how his shows are consistently getting better.

3. We are all apart of the same Louisiana car scene. Why speak badly about those who have done no harm to you? It would be a bit different if they had said something about the Z's but, as far as I know, they did not nor did they have reason to. Much like, some of you have no reason to criticize their choice of cars and mods.

If I said, "I am sick and tired of punk kids who have their mommy and daddy buy them a 350z and disrespect others who have less expensive cars," I would hope some of you would set me straight.

In short, yes the 350z is a nicer car but I'm sure it's not your first car. Instead of talking down to those who drive those "near stock Scions," why not offer some advice or get to know some of those who OWN the cars? Don't automatically assume anything about anyone....

Oh yea, a lot of you know me but we'll see how long it takes. Lovely first post, I know. A lot of the same is being said on other forums and it's getting old.
I'm going with Bret. I don't have a problem with the scions or there owners. I think the show could've been better but that's up to the people that register to show. They were there to represent there club, which is cool. I respect that. That's why we all rolled out together and parked together. We just wanted to represent as a club. To be honest, I'm not really into show cars. I like nice cars but not the typical show car with all the extreme crap done to it. The 350z is by far the nicest car I've ever owned but not near the nicest in the world. I'm sure we can agree on that. I actually never really owned a really nice car. I always had old beaters for the most part. Props to all for doing there thing. That's all.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:17 PM
blasian

I've been through too many cars

My previous was my Prelude and I still love it although I don't have it.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:19 PM
blasian

Ah... its Brett

Pfft, I don't have to explain myself to him. He's known me for years and knows me better than that.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:25 PM
ASNTech

Originally Posted by DustinZ33
I'm going with Bret.
dustin is good...i think someone told him.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:25 PM
DustinZ33

SOLEIL. This will help you with your spacers. You don't need a torque wrench. Tighten your spacer lug nuts just like your regular lug nuts.

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/338872-kics-spacers-installed-pics.html
Old 02-25-2008, 06:27 PM
DustinZ33

dustin is good...i think someone told him.
No sir. Just a dam good guess. Plus talking to you yesterday about my problems made me think you would use tech in your name. Olivia gave me your number. I'll call you later or tomorrow if that's cool with you.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:35 PM
blkG3hirty5ive

yea, i loved that car. I hope to get another one some day
Old 02-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Olivia
Z-GiRL

the only person i told was Lance when he guessed it was Mark lol i even had to think about it at first cause when i saw ASN i thought of asian? lolol. then i was like ohhh all star nissan lol gotcha!
Old 02-25-2008, 06:56 PM
nuckinfutz74

Originally Posted by DustinZ33
I don't think stock cars and unfinished cars should be in a car show. Shows are for modded, tasteful cars. Not stock or 5 different colors.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Sco2355

Well hey guys, sorry I didn't make it to the Import Face Off meet. Circumstances came up that made me miss . Hope everyone had fun, did anyone get pics of most of the cars there?

On a good note my clutch/flywheel got installed today along with my test pipes! The car is STUPID loud, but it sounds mean. The only thing that bugs me is there is a rattle and I can't tell if it's because I need new gaskets or if it's because they aren't connected to the bracket that originally connects to the catalytic converters (The pieces that run from it are cut off). Oh well, now I need to get the ECU reset so it stops hesitating!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:13 PM
nothix

Originally Posted by Sco2355
Oh well, now I need to get the ECU reset so it stops hesitating!
I hope you aren't plagued by the sensor problem some have.
what year is your car?
Old 02-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Olivia
Z-GiRL

we all have annoying rattles lol. i know when i had my exhaust & test pipes on i did lol.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:14 PM
invazn

i think i have the worst rattle of all. sounds like someone put a penny in my muffler.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:17 PM
nothix

by rattle do you guys mean rasp? or actual exhaust rattle?
did ya'll take off the cat mounting bracket if you didn't use it?

I've never had a problem with rattle, maybe I'm just lucky.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:18 PM
DustinZ33

adam's fight. good job on the win. hehe

Old 02-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Olivia
Z-GiRL

part of my exhaust was actually hitting the frame on the passenger side, i believe. it was annoying.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Sco2355

Originally Posted by nothix
I hope you aren't plagued by the sensor problem some have.
what year is your car?
I have an 03. It isn't throwing any codes or anything. I was given a site that tells you how to reset the ECU via the pedals so I'm hoping this will do the trick. I was worried about getting on it with the new clutch because I thought I needed to break it in but that doesn't seem to be the case so tomorrow I'm going to get on it and see what happens. The new clutch/flywheel feel so great
Old 02-25-2008, 07:20 PM
DustinZ33

all you have to do to reset the ecu is unplug the battery for about 20 minutes and press the brake pedal a few times. So I've heard. I don't know if this can cause any other problems.

Quick Reply: Louisiana Z/Import cookout April 29th *Lakefront*