Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 01:31 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ryamartin
Was anyone at quaker steak polaris on Friday for the "fast and furious fridays"? I showed up rather late and the Z and G crowd was sitting down eating already. I parked out in the boons, had a beer, checked the cars and left. There were a couple awesome cars there anyone belong to them here?
Those were probably my ZROC peeps - I had a tough week and blew it off. A red Nismo, black coupe FI with a Nismo wing, at least one black coupe with a slot of stickers, white GT-R, couple of Z32 TT's and a few others I heard were there. Come on up and introduce yourself next time.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:33 PM
PerfZ

Originally Posted by Brrcats
oh, I meant, its a graphic, you know like a vinyl, its not painted on. sometimes I switch it up with a pair of sweaty hairy *****

Guessing you got your problems all worked out????
Old 09-01-2010, 02:27 PM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Those were probably my ZROC peeps - I had a tough week and blew it off. A red Nismo, black coupe FI with a Nismo wing, at least one black coupe with a slot of stickers, white GT-R, couple of Z32 TT's and a few others I heard were there. Come on up and introduce yourself next time.
I didn't want to be "that guy". Saw a guy sporting a Z1 shirt which is the only reason I thought they were Z drivers. Let me know if you're heading up there next week I'll try to get there earlier so I don't have to park by the pimped out civic.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:54 PM
PerfZ

If it is Friday next week, I'll be at Lake Erie for the weekend. Introduce yourself to ZROC, probably worth a free beer or two, lol.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:08 PM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sooooo........

ANYONE GOING TO Z NATIONALS? If so, let me know a decent size group is going down, you can go with...
Old 09-02-2010, 04:48 AM
Brrcats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Guessing you got your problems all worked out????
Yes sir I did, and I dont know what the person I talked to on the phone was smoking, I think I ended up paying $112 out the door.

although they couldnt do my SES light work since it wasnt on when they got the new battery in.

thanks for the help

now I just have to worry about replacing a blown turn signal and a midpipe to replace the H-pipe on my borla

Last edited by Brrcats; 09-02-2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:35 PM
SkyBox

What's up guys?! Anyone one live near Akron/Canton Area? Looking for a good performance mod shop in the area or near Cleveland.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:02 PM
ocdz

Unfortunately I looked for a decent performance shop for a while to no avail. (I lived about an hour west of Cleveland) A couple I remember were Bullitt Proof Performance whose site is under maintenance so who knows if theyre still around, and North Shore Racing. I've never dealt with either one so I have no clue whether theyre worth your time. If you can manage a bit of a drive there is a shop in Sunbury, OH that does a lot of work on G's called Slowmotion Performance. I've been meaning to call them about a couple things but haven't got around to it. Ohio blows.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:14 AM
racerx300zx

North Shore is a good shop, seen a ton of their work, and all of it's been top notch. Slowmotion has an amazing reputation all over Ohio. They managed to keep a 400 horse Civic in one piece despite it's somewhat silly owner.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:23 AM
g-adabout

I didn't want to be "that guy". Saw a guy sporting a Z1 shirt which is the only reason I thought they were Z drivers. Let me know if you're heading up there next week I'll try to get there earlier so I don't have to park by the pimped out civic.
That would have been Me!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:58 PM
drivessidewayz

Originally Posted by SkyBox
What's up guys?! Anyone one live near Akron/Canton Area? Looking for a good performance mod shop in the area or near Cleveland.
The only place I'll take my Z, other than tire/oil work, is Slowmotion in Sunbury.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:05 PM
drivessidewayz

Read back a few pages. Dang guys, I'll meet up more next year :P Kinda sorry I didn't stick around these boards much this summer.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Brrcats

Originally Posted by drivessidewayz
Read back a few pages. Dang guys, I'll meet up more next year :P Kinda sorry I didn't stick around these boards much this summer.
maybe my memory is foggy, but didnt they have a little difficulty with your tune? I'm assuming that you hold them in high regard, please share your experiences, I'm looking for the osiris tune and had been somewhat apprehensive about taking it to slowmotion, but the convenience would be great.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:42 AM
drivessidewayz

Oh, you are correct. The tune story goes like this ->

Set up nitrous in April, they tuned for the first time in May. Burned out the TurboXS spare solenoid due to it being wired incorrectly (never buying from TurboXS again). I still got my base tune and was given a reduced rate to come back and have them set up a NOS controller and such

June-ish I took it back, they tuned it; it made 357hp/425tq. The open loop fueling was turned off though, so eventually my car learned bad stuff and I had to take it back in September for a re-tune. Not only did Cory not charge me for the retune (which took most of the day btw), but he gave me some free nitrous for the trouble.

(dates may be a little off, but general timeline)
Old 10-24-2010, 11:50 AM
FilthyZ

I take my cars to Slowmotion as well. Cory and the guys have been nothing but help to me and treat me right. Took care of finding me a doner ECU and sending off for Kpro then tuning it all right the first time.

But i'll def be taking my car to get dyno tuned by Injected Performance since they are closer to me now since Slowmotion decided to move north of Columbus.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Z_ology

I got my last Osiris tune done at Slowmotion. I chose them for convenience (about 5 miles from my house). It took me a couple of visits to get some drivability/ startup issues sorted out with the tune.

Corey was very patient and I think that he is a very knowledgeable tuner. There is a bit of a learning curve associated with every car/software combo. I think that he is up to speed on the software now and his customer service is excellent. I would definately recommend them for an Osiris tune
Old 10-25-2010, 06:22 AM
Brrcats

Good experiences all around it seems, that definitely eases my concerns a bit. Its definitely more convenient for him being in sunbury
Old 10-25-2010, 07:55 AM
ocdz

Originally Posted by drivessidewayz
Oh, you are correct. The tune story goes like this ->

Set up nitrous in April, they tuned for the first time in May. Burned out the TurboXS spare solenoid due to it being wired incorrectly (never buying from TurboXS again). I still got my base tune and was given a reduced rate to come back and have them set up a NOS controller and such

June-ish I took it back, they tuned it; it made 357hp/425tq. The open loop fueling was turned off though, so eventually my car learned bad stuff and I had to take it back in September for a re-tune. Not only did Cory not charge me for the retune (which took most of the day btw), but he gave me some free nitrous for the trouble.

(dates may be a little off, but general timeline)
425!? Tq that's some impressive numbers. Anything done besides basics and no2?
Old 10-25-2010, 08:49 AM
drivessidewayz

425!? Tq that's some impressive numbers. Anything done besides basics and no2?
Nu uh. The **** just comes on at 3.5k :P
Old 10-31-2010, 06:36 AM
drivessidewayz

I iz sad The Ohio thread seems slightly dead. Hoping a bump will reignite it :P

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.