Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010 | 11:52 AM
ocdz

I'm always sad the ohio thread is dead.

I'll try to start some discussion with the question, Does anyone in central ohio have test pipes? I think I want some... but I'm not sure if the slight gains would be worth it. Also want to hear some in person.
Old 10-31-2010 | 06:32 PM
Z_ology

Originally Posted by ryamartin

I'll try to start some discussion with the question, Does anyone in central ohio have test pipes? I think I want some... but I'm not sure if the slight gains would be worth it. Also want to hear some in person.
I had test pipes both naturally aspirated and with my current setup. They are one of the best mods you can have in my opinion. They are cheap and easy to install
Old 11-01-2010 | 06:46 AM
Brrcats

test pipes are the bees knees. make the car sound like it was supposed to. if you're in the central ohio area you can come take a ride with me.
Old 11-01-2010 | 05:33 PM
ocdz

Originally Posted by Brrcats
test pipes are the bees knees. make the car sound like it was supposed to. if you're in the central ohio area you can come take a ride with me.
Yes... When and where?

Edit: I also live in westerville.

Last edited by ocdz; 11-01-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-02-2010 | 07:46 AM
drivessidewayz

Think my car's loud enough as it is >.<
Old 11-02-2010 | 09:41 AM
Brrcats

Yes... When and where?

Edit: I also live in westerville.
good deal, I can do it today after 5, or tomorrow,

wont be able to give you a ride just yet though, I need a clutch replacement badly. but we can rev the hell out of it in the parking lot of my apartment complex

pm'ing you
Old 11-03-2010 | 07:40 PM
drivessidewayz

So...random reading brought me to corner balancing. Anyone in the area had it done?
Old 11-04-2010 | 02:03 PM
ocdz

Originally Posted by drivessidewayz
So...random reading brought me to corner balancing. Anyone in the area had it done?
I haven't had it done but thought about it when I did my coilovers. I think modified magazine did a tech about this on a 350z sometime last year. I would still be interested in it because my suspension is wacky right now, are you seriously considering?
Old 11-09-2010 | 11:48 AM
g-adabout

To hit a couple of discussions...

as for the test pipes, they are a great add (minor preformance gains) but more in the auditory department. CHeck the threads on here and G35driver...you should be able to find some cheap. THere were a few sold recently among my club here in Ohio...(ohio G Club over on G35driver)

As for slowmotion...THey are above par for everything. My G and Dal's were the first two VQs done with the UpRev and I have had no complaints, no regrets or issues with it. Corey, Wyan and Kirk are great people and top notch. In Fact, due to how my guys went there for a tune, he created a club discount for my guys!!! Great shop...and if there is an issue, they always do what is best to make it right.

If you guys want to be more connected to a younger crowd in the VQ family, you are all more than welcome to hang out in our forum (ohiogclub.com- part of the g35driver site). We have a few Zs that come out and play when we go to shows, hold our own install meets or even just go for drives in souther Ohio. We have sections in Cbus, Cincy, Cleveland, Indianapolis and Kentucky...so there are guys all over and we actually get together once a month at the minimum and are always together during the summer.

Hope this breathes some life into this thread!

Here are some vids from the club events (and my vid from slomo)

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hBnqelWmIW8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hBnqelWmIW8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

from some drives
<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qSfJ2hmBKJo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qSfJ2hmBKJo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/liFUSXx9Yps?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/liFUSXx9Yps?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

From our recent trip to Indiana

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DXKuVEG3Egk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DXKuVEG3Egk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

Our music video with our club member J.Pich
<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mPVMKKJ9hHQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mPVMKKJ9hHQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>
Old 11-12-2010 | 04:42 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

I hate winter... today was super nice though. Had the Z out all day with the windows down. RARE for Nov. in Ohio. Come to think of it this is the latest I have ever had the car out.
Old 11-15-2010 | 05:56 AM
PerfZ

Yep pretty nice for November in central Ohio for sure. Played golf in Ostrander on Saturday and was running a bit late so had the perfect excuse to romp on it a bit from Hilliard, north along the Scioto River has some nice stretches of road. Only problem is too many freaking deer up there - gotta stay sharp! Noticed my tire pressures were down to 31-32 all around from the cold mornings though - since fixed.
Old 11-15-2010 | 07:42 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

I noticed how little traction I get with these azenies when it's the slightest bit cold out....... It's so fun lol.
Old 11-16-2010 | 03:57 AM
ErkTheJerk73

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
I noticed how little traction I get with these azenies when it's the slightest bit cold out....... It's so fun lol.
lol wait till some snow comes and you drive the Z to work one day and whammy there is 8 inches of snow you have to drive home on ultra high performance tires....... I only got stuck once!
Old 12-22-2010 | 12:07 PM
EnthusiastZ07

Default New to Ohio

Without reading the whole thread, I suppose I should post. I just moved to Toledo and subsequently bought my first Z, an '07 Enthusiast. So, hi all, glad to be a part of the group, and can't wait to start driving to meets when the weather gets better.
Old 12-23-2010 | 09:30 AM
FineWine

Guess I should finish my car before this season so I can attend a few meets
Old 12-31-2010 | 09:34 AM
drivessidewayz

Some of you guys should come up to Superfly Sundays in Akron at Rolling Acres Mall imo. It will be starting this year around April depending on the weather. It's mostly Autox, sometimes drifting...right next to all the Cobalts and SRT4s in the show area next to it
Old 01-01-2011 | 08:59 AM
sunus2424

Default any body has extra snow tire?

does any body has extra snow tire for stock 17" rims? 2 of set is okay with me as well
Old 01-03-2011 | 11:16 PM
drivessidewayz

Sorry man, can't help ya there. Check the marketplace daily and perhaps the g35 marketplace as well.
Old 01-04-2011 | 04:32 AM
ErkTheJerk73

Originally Posted by drivessidewayz
Sorry man, can't help ya there. Check the marketplace daily and perhaps the g35 marketplace as well.
or craigslist they always have them on there.
Old 01-04-2011 | 08:15 AM
drivessidewayz

Really? Ima go check it out cuz I need some rims for drifting. I just hate going there cuz I go from looking for car parts to looking for entire cars >.<

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.