Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011 | 08:26 AM
drivessidewayz

I tried ebay too. $440 for a set of 17s...lol.
Old 01-17-2011 | 03:44 PM
drivessidewayz

Bump for Ohio thread. Sadness So has anyone looked into Akron AutoX on facebook since I mentioned it?
Old 01-18-2011 | 12:40 PM
Brrcats

akron's so far away, probably the worst drive in ohio
Old 01-18-2011 | 12:41 PM
Brrcats

aaaaand 2300
Old 01-24-2011 | 04:26 AM
drivessidewayz

^^Lol. Yea, it's like 2 hours from you There have to be people in the area though that will be interested.
Old 01-24-2011 | 08:32 AM
PerfZ

Originally Posted by drivessidewayz
^^Lol. Yea, it's like 2 hours from you There have to be people in the area though that will be interested.
Who the he!! wants to spend two hours in their 350, anyway? LOL I'll pass that along to ZROC - they intend on doing a lot more drives in 2011, kind of get back to the roots of the club.
Old 01-24-2011 | 08:48 AM
Brrcats

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Who the he!! wants to spend two hours in their 350, anyway? LOL I'll pass that along to ZROC - they intend on doing a lot more drives in 2011, kind of get back to the roots of the club.
lol, I dont mind the seat time, its the lack of turning and shifting I have a problem with.
Old 01-25-2011 | 03:01 PM
ocdz

It's not about spending 2 hours driving, it's spending 2 hours driving to akron... there are many more interesting drives within that amount of time from columbus. For a big event that would be another story.
Old 01-27-2011 | 08:57 AM
PerfZ

Originally Posted by ryamartin
It's not about spending 2 hours driving, it's spending 2 hours driving to akron... there are many more interesting drives within that amount of time from columbus. For a big event that would be another story.
I know, just pokin'. I actually drove to Akron several times right after buying my 350 to hook up with some NE Ohio 350 folks for some cruises - Buff (R.I.P. buddy!) was my intro to this forum actually. But yeah, overall I would head SE and hit up 555 or Hocking Hills. ZROC will be doing that this summer for sure, 555 anyway - HH is too crowded with tourist cars.

Last edited by PerfZ; 01-27-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-02-2011 | 11:02 AM
ocdz

Is anyone in Ohio sporting aftermarket seats (specifically Bride or Sparco)???
OR
Does anyone know any companies that would stock any seats within a reasonable distance?

I don't want to make a purchase on a seat without sitting in one first.
Old 02-06-2011 | 10:54 AM
drivessidewayz

Thanks. I know it would be a lot more fun to have some more Z's to contend with the large amount of Cobalts sitting in the show area and watching Autox

Summit stocks seats, but nothing JDM-ish
Old 02-06-2011 | 12:37 PM
mw9

OR
Does anyone know any companies that would stock any seats within a reasonable distance?

I am running a sparco pro 2000
Old 02-07-2011 | 08:46 AM
Brrcats

OR

When I was getting work done over at IPS I noticed that they have a few racing seats out in the lobby, I cant recall which brands or models, but its worth a shot. They're near Polaris and 23.
Old 02-09-2011 | 06:13 PM
ocdz

Originally Posted by Brrcats
When I was getting work done over at IPS I noticed that they have a few racing seats out in the lobby, I cant recall which brands or models, but its worth a shot. They're near Polaris and 23.
What is this IPS you speak of?

We have one OLD sparco in the lobby of where I work and my the hip bolsters are way too tight and i wasnt impressive with side bolsters either. I think the proportions of an evo xl 2 sound good but gotta sit in one to find out!
Old 02-10-2011 | 07:01 AM
Brrcats

What is this IPS you speak of?

We have one OLD sparco in the lobby of where I work and my the hip bolsters are way too tight and i wasnt impressive with side bolsters either. I think the proportions of an evo xl 2 sound good but gotta sit in one to find out!
Its IPS motorsport, they've done some general work on my cherokee and some performance work on my Z, installed my south bend clutch/flywheel, and helped fit the magnaflow x pipe to my borla.

They did real well by me.

They're more active in the domestic crowd, corvettes and the like, saw some nice rides when I was there. I got connected to them through columbusracing.com

I worked with Mike, 614-206-0594, give him a call and see what they have going on.
Old 02-11-2011 | 05:33 PM
ocdz

Went to IPS tonight after work. They had about 5 Corbeau seats in their lobby, but they are dealers of sparco and bride so they were looking into pricing.

Even though they were closing in 15 minutes Brandon still showed me around their shop and I have to agree they have some impressive projects going on over there. The twin turbo ZR1 was pretty impressive. He also said they are soon to have a second dyno and a hunter alignment machine. So I'm pretty psyched that there's place like this so close in westerville/lewis center area.
Old 02-12-2011 | 07:40 AM
drivessidewayz

All the tuner shops are in Columbus -.-
Old 02-12-2011 | 03:02 PM
push

So who has made their ZdayZ cabin registration?

Last edited by push; 02-13-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-14-2011 | 06:47 AM
PerfZ

Originally Posted by push
So who has made their ZdayZ cabin registration?
We book ours when we leave the year before - I've gone every year since '05, missed the first year only. We'll have to get some caravan info started one of these days. I know ZROC usually has members going down just about every day of that week. 3 of us typically spend the entire week but not sure if I can do that this year - may be Wednesday for me.
Midwest Regional is in Chicago June 10-12 - just an FYI. You don't have to be a member of a club to attend - there will be a pretty large group from ZROC heading up there on the 11th - Blues Festival will be going on downtown (event will be in the burbs somewhere) and it's a great party. We take the train in Friday afternoon and shut it down that night.
Old 02-14-2011 | 12:58 PM
push

We book ours when we leave the year before - I've gone every year since '05, missed the first year only. We'll have to get some caravan info started one of these days. I know ZROC usually has members going down just about every day of that week. 3 of us typically spend the entire week but not sure if I can do that this year - may be Wednesday for me.
Midwest Regional is in Chicago June 10-12 - just an FYI. You don't have to be a member of a club to attend - there will be a pretty large group from ZROC heading up there on the 11th - Blues Festival will be going on downtown (event will be in the burbs somewhere) and it's a great party. We take the train in Friday afternoon and shut it down that night.
Yea, my cabin will be there from weds-Sunday. Well definitely have to get a thread going soon always seems like they are thrown up last minute and gets messed up. I've been every year but the first one, I think I had a z for maybe 3 of them the rest have been in corvettes haha.

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.