Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 04:54 AM
bajamike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After C & C Saturday morning, Seth and I are going to the Ohio Historical Society - there is a weekend gathering of truck side cooking/server event going on. Were going to get some lunch there. Parking is $6. Some of the server trucks looked tricked out...

Ryan, you working Saturday at the staduim?
Old 08-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Brrcats

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Open track day and I think it is around $125 or so. Last time if we got 10 people to show, they knocked it down to $100 but not sure about the price this time. ZROC crew will probably leave from the rest stop north of Polaris around 6:30 - close to a 2 hour drive and need to make the drivers meeting.
Whos running it? Send me a link please. I got sick the day before my track day there a few weeks ago with Torqued solutions. Wouldnt mind getting another crack at it.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 AM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bajamike
After C & C Saturday morning, Seth and I are going to the Ohio Historical Society - there is a weekend gathering of truck side cooking/server event going on. Were going to get some lunch there. Parking is $6. Some of the server trucks looked tricked out...

Ryan, you working Saturday at the staduim?
Yep... 8am. If I were going to see you I'd give you my spare parking pass.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:14 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Brrcats
Whos running it? Send me a link please. I got sick the day before my track day there a few weeks ago with Torqued solutions. Wouldnt mind getting another crack at it.
http://www.nelsonledges.com/GOTSched...84&thisMonth=9

No one other than the track itself is 'running it". If you have never been to NL, it is a pretty casual affair. No inspection, almost any helmet will do, passengers are allowed as long as they are 18. The track itself is rather bumpy with a lot of patching but it is pretty fast and not very technical. And even at $130 it is a pretty good deal - hopefully we can get 10 cars and they will offer the discount again. I'll keep you posted on ZROC caravan plans - have to hit the road pretty early to make the drivers meeting.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:57 AM
Brrcats

Oh ok, I didnt know they had thier own events like that. Do we have to pre-pay a pre-register via motorsportsreg or is it even more informal like a bring your money kinda thing?
Old 08-24-2012, 12:09 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just show up with a check or cash - at least thats what we have done in the past. Which is good in case it rains
Old 08-25-2012, 04:35 AM
bajamike

Originally Posted by slow03z
Yep... 8am. If I were going to see you I'd give you my spare parking pass.
If want to stop over, I'll buy you lunch...just text me.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:56 AM
OhioStyles

After C & C Saturday morning, Seth and I
Was that you Saturday morning at Lennox with your son?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:27 AM
bajamike

Yes. Were you driving the black 350 w/gold rims?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:45 AM
OhioStyles

Yes. Were you driving the black 350 w/gold rims?
yea. i wish i knew that was you u sitting on the patio; would've came over and introduced myself. That was my first time out there. Your car was absolutely immaculate!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:17 AM
bajamike

Thanks. It's getting there. Fortunately, some of the "looks" have been updated due to a recent road rash I suffered in it. New bumper, new painted rear bumper, and some existing wear removed.

You have a nice ride too. I love the gold rims and at one point considered buying a set similiar to yours. But other expenses got the best of the money I was sitting aside.

Next time I see you out we can talk.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:16 PM
bajamike

Unbelievable. I have not had the car back more than a week. On 270 north near 23 today on Friday enjoying my day with the wife, car two lanes over from me losses control, and hits me! I pull off the road on the side of the road expecting the guy to stop, guy doesn't even stop - he just keeps going. Call 911. Make a report to the statey, give the license number (what I could get of it), make and description of the car to the statey. They run the tag and it comes back as somthing else. 10 minutes into the report, statey says we have him pulled over near Mayrsville. Good samaritan saw what happend and called in the scene as well.

Here is where I become flamed more Statey calls me an hour after the accident. Statey says the guy is denying it ever happened and doesn't know why he is pulled over. His car is damaged and so on! Can you believe it! Guess the guy works at Honda and wanted to hurry up and get the whole thing over with so he can get his "attendance bonus"! Guy didn't even get a ticket! He was cut loose and on his way to work he went!

I have his contact information. Call and leave him a message asking him to make it right! Think he'll call me back? Right. Unbelievable!

Statey says I have to go to court and identify him and press charges! I've been on a stroke of bad luck seems like the past 10-12 weeks. Blah, Blah, Blah....

Last edited by bajamike; 08-31-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:27 PM
ocdz

Unbelievable. I have not had the car back more than a week. On 270 north near 23 today on Friday enjoying my day with the wife, car two lanes over from me losses control, and hits me! I pull off the road on the side of the road expecting the guy to stop, guy doesn't even stop - he just keeps going. Call 911. Make a report to the statey, give the license number (what I could get of it), make and description of the car to the statey. They run the tag and it comes back as somthing else. 10 minutes into the report, statey says we have him pulled over near Mayrsville. Good samaritan saw what happend and called in the scene as well.

Here is where I become flamed more Statey calls me an hour after the accident. Statey says the guy is denying it ever happened and doesn't know why he is pulled over. His car is damaged and so on! Can you believe it! Guess the guy works at Honda and wanted to hurry up and get the whole thing over with so he can get his "attendance bonus"! Guy didn't even get a ticket! He was cut loose and on his way to work he went!

I have his contact information. Call and leave him a message asking him to make it right! Think he'll call me back? Right. Unbelievable!

Statey says I have to go to court and identify him and press charges! I've been on a stroke of bad luck seems like the past 10-12 weeks. Blah, Blah, Blah....
wow.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:47 AM
bajamike

Default Update

I call the guy this morning. He answers the phone. Gives me all his insurance information. Afterall, he was sighted and has a court date. He goes on to tell me he did deny the accident, but after the stateys inspect the exterior of his car and find where my black paint is on his car ask him to step out of the car, show him where he indeed hit me, and finally confesses.

He was sighted for wreckless operation and fleeing the scene of an accident. I ask him why didn't you pull over? He said he was late for work and wanted his attendance bonus at Honda. My response, "Should have left earlier, drive safer, and now it's costing you more money".

Old 09-01-2012, 06:02 AM
OhioStyles

I'm really glad things worked out for u in the end. It really sucks things like that happen to innocent ppl. It looks like ur patients won in the end. I probably would have made things worse for myself. How bad was the daamage?
Old 09-01-2012, 04:47 PM
ocdz

I call the guy this morning.
You can't catch a break Mike. However... maybe you can weasel wheels out of this somehow???
Old 09-02-2012, 02:45 AM
bajamike

Damage isn't that bad. They way it happened on the freeway the dameage could have been really bad. But I saw him losing control out of the corner of my eye and tried avoiding him as much as possible without hitting anyone myself.

Left rear bumper is scraped pretty good and knocked out of alignment. I might be able to buff it out and realign the bumper myself, but at this point, I just don't feel like messing with it, I could probably pocket the insurance money towards some wheels or upgrades, but not sure what I'm going to do until I get some estimates on the fix.

I'm just ticked. These accident repairs will show up on car fax within weeks of each other when a search is done on it when I sell it? I just don't want this stuff to hurt the resale value?
Old 09-02-2012, 05:07 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy crap, this car is bad ju ju for you. Get rid of it now.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:20 AM
bajamike

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
Funny, my wife and I have had this same conversation, joking about it. I looked at the rear again yesterday where he hit me, the left rear rim will need replaced. It has a good chunk taken out of it.

Think what I'm going to do is Friday - get a few estimates and find out how much it will cost to get the damage fixed. Then see what my option are
Old 09-03-2012, 02:44 PM
ocdz

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
wtf have you been up to this whole summer?

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.