Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Sean_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
No, coupe. Only because I guess having the backseat may be better than not having one at all maybe? I don't freakin know..this sucks! Aj really messed it up for me now lol. I had so much fun driving his car!
there's enough room in the hatch of the Z to use it as a daily car. groceries fit back there, duffle type luggage (actually a really big bag will fit in that area in front of the rear shock tower brace. You just won't fit any big boxes, etc.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:37 PM
MikeNT256

Originally Posted by Sean_350z
there's enough room in the hatch of the Z to use it as a daily car. groceries fit back there, duffle type luggage (actually a really big bag will fit in that area in front of the rear shock tower brace. You just won't fit any big boxes, etc.
Yeah when my gf surprised me when we went to Vegas, she told me to pack "light" because of the trunk. You can see why in these pictures. I didn't care though, I had an absolute blast!

Old 07-07-2007, 03:39 PM
jeff91ta

The Z is good when packing light... but try fitting a full set of goalie equipment and sticks in the Z.... needles to say my leg pads had to ride shotgun.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Sean_350z

the key is that spot between the back of the seats and speakers and the shock tower brace. You can get a huge duffle in there. Blocks rear vision a tad but it fits nicely.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:18 PM
MikeNT256

Originally Posted by Sean_350z
the key is that spot between the back of the seats and speakers and the shock tower brace. You can get a huge duffle in there. Blocks rear vision a tad but it fits nicely.
Yeah it's all good though, I personally don't mind a whole lot. The most I pack in my car all the time is a small bag with personal items (gum, my driving glasses, eye glass cleaner, etc.). It sucks I wouldn't be able to have my subwoofers anymore, but I just plan on using a Component audio setup instead. I think i'm phasing out of having heavy bass anymore.

I just need to find the car! And some winter tires. I'll be readin up on these winter tire threads real soon here, just in case. I figure I could always buy a set of 17's used and get a full set of blizzak ws-50's (225/55/17).
Old 07-08-2007, 03:55 PM
MikeNT256

Are you guys planning on going to the thing in Auburn Hills on Thursday?

I'm working from 10:00 to 3:30, but would still be willing to go. I cannot tell you guys how many freakin Z videos i've been watching lol. I'm definitely obsessed!
Old 07-09-2007, 04:25 AM
Datona Jess

Mike H,
Saw you called, I was working on my house all weekend....

The meet at OU in Auburn Hills is on Wed night
I am planning on going, I know a few of the other guys probably are as well..
Old 07-09-2007, 05:08 AM
Sean_350z

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
Yeah it's all good though, I personally don't mind a whole lot. The most I pack in my car all the time is a small bag with personal items (gum, my driving glasses, eye glass cleaner, etc.). It sucks I wouldn't be able to have my subwoofers anymore, but I just plan on using a Component audio setup instead. I think i'm phasing out of having heavy bass anymore.

I just need to find the car! And some winter tires. I'll be readin up on these winter tire threads real soon here, just in case. I figure I could always buy a set of 17's used and get a full set of blizzak ws-50's (225/55/17).
I've seen sub boxes built under the shock tower bar if you really want to get some in there.

As for the tires.......dedicated winter tires are great if you've got room to store them off-season. The problem is around here that we don't get a ton of snow anymore and it gets warm at times, which can eat soft compound snow tires in a hurry if it stays warm for an extended period. I don't hear of many having that trouble though. I've run BFG KDWS for three seasons now on two cars (last winter on the Z) and they're worked excellently as an all season tire. Still do well in dry and extremely well in wet. Not overly expensive either.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Datona Jess

I have Pirelli winters for the front and blizzaks in the back.
The Z was a TANK in the snow last year
Like Sean said though, wea re not getting alot of snow anymore though...

It might have been a waste of money..
Though if my Fiance got in an accident due to tires...I would never live with myself....nor live it down
Old 07-09-2007, 07:37 AM
MikeNT256

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
Mike H,
Saw you called, I was working on my house all weekend....

The meet at OU in Auburn Hills is on Wed night
I am planning on going, I know a few of the other guys probably are as well..
Well i've got a meeting at corporate from 9-5 Wednesday, if you haven't left for Auburn Hills, mind if I roll with ya?

Sean - I have no problem storing it, I have a full set of Blizzak WS-50's (215/60/15) on steelies that i've been using since 2004. They have TONS of tread still left, and I put them on my gf's Cavalier this year. She loved it compared to her stock all-seasons. So no problem with storage. I'd definitely get the winter tires if I got the Z, no question about it.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:05 AM
Sean_350z

I don't think snow tires are ever a waste of money. I'm back in apt. right now though so nowhere to stick an xtra set of running stock. I used to all those years I drove Mustangs. And for me, full on Blizzaks were never a necessity. Siping A/S tires worked wonders. Was always curious how well they worked though.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:09 AM
MikeNT256

I swear by Blizzaks. My Grand Am NEVER got stuck in the snow, not even in 16" of snow, in Brighton. Just pump the gas a little and that lil thing went plowin through the snow. My gf's all season tires suck so much *****, and when I put the Blizzaks on her car, she was so thankful for them at many times. Granted, they were a bigger overall diameter than her stockers, so she lost a lil gas mileage, but you do any ways with the colder temps.

If I knew I was keeping the SS through the remainder of my lease, i'd probably get a set if they made them in 20" size.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Sean_350z

There's a guy on the Motown Muscle board w/ a set of 225/50/17s for sale for $125 for the pair if anyone is thinking about it.

These KDWS do pretty good. Nothing like the Blizzaks, I'm sure, but well enough I really don't have much trouble until the snow gets deep enough for the car to become a plow. Having the gf's AWD Pacifica around is nice for those times.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Datona Jess

Sean,
Yeah I saw that posting and am looking at getting those....
Why not have a pair for my Spec-V when I get it.

Talk about a car that sucked in the winter...WOW
Old 07-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Sean_350z

really? because of the tires? I thought every FWD did at least decent in the snow (never owned one).
Old 07-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Datona Jess

Yeah the newer Spec-V has summer tires on it.
The car only weighs 2600 pounds so it is horrible in the winter
There is no weight over the front tires so it just slides along
I nicknamed it the iceskate

Whats your name on MM?
I'm AJ87SC
Old 07-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Sean_350z

Ahh......same trouble I could see coming w/ the Z when I bought it last November. Those Bridgstones on the car would have sucked!! The Nitto 555s that were on the Cobra when I bought it made that the worst car I ever had in the winter. The BFGs switched that right around.

I'm motorcitymustang on MM.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:29 PM
MikeNT256

Well I went up to Suburban Nissan, they had only roadsters, no coupes. We discussed pay off amounts and lease trade offs on the SS, it's not gonna be cheap. I'm thinking if I really want to do this, i'm gonna have to get rid of the lease on my own on leasetrader.com.

Aj when you can, give me a call sometime, I don't wanna bug you by constantly calling hehe. I wanted to talk with ya about wednesday and some other stuff too.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:34 AM
Datona Jess

Mike H

I am actually going to your work tonight after I get out of work
I bought somethng from your best buy that is broken....Thats another story.
Are you workin tonight?

Who is in for tomorrow.
It is supposed to be nicer out tomorrow, I want to have a good showing again guys!!

Wed meet at OU
1. AJ-Datona Jess.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:09 AM
jeff91ta

I was planning on going but I was reminded by the gf that I had made other plans for Wednesday... have to count me out.

I might try and make the Thrusday Milford thing if other people are going.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3