Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 02:31 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tuning Factory is building the engine.
Complete Shortblock build:

Turbonetics t-67 turbo
Turbonetics Newgen Wastegate
Maybe a BIGGER spearco intercooler
ACT- 6puck clutch kit
Defi Bfamber Fuel and EGT gauges
Wiesco 8.8:1 compression pistons
Crower rods
Arp Main Studs
Arp Head Studs
Arp Rod Studs
Cometic Head Gasket
Cyclinders bored and re honed with torque plate
oil passages cleanded
block redecked
Old 03-26-2006, 03:59 PM
zlessnomore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would that be the old Godspeed store or not? If not can I get there number and location?
Old 03-26-2006, 04:06 PM
D350Z10

YEs previously known as Godspeed, Their new number is 248-477-0700 and the are located at 10 mile and grand river, On grandriver name of the street is crestview.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:27 PM
zlessnomore

I thought that so good I know them and they will take care of mine when the TT time comes!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!
Old 03-27-2006, 07:55 AM
JonathanAboona

Yancy
Any reason why you chose to go with Eagle Rods vs. Pauter ? I am going to be running a pauter/wiseco setup but just found out that the rods or pistons need to be machined to mate with each other. $200 now added to my motor build bill just because of that

Originally Posted by Yancy
I will not confirm nor deny what it may be:

Wiseco Forged Pistons 8.8:1 CR (.020 over with ceramic coating on shirts and tops)
Eagle Forged Rods
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Head and Main Studs
Cometic/Cosworth Head Gaskets
Darton Sleeves
Block oil passages cleaned
Block redecked
Block Bored and Honed using a Torque Plate
Crank balanced
Crank journals polished
New Rod and Main bearings
JWT S1 Upgraded Cams
JWT Heavy Duty Valve Springs
Heads oil passages cleaned
Heads redecked
Ported exhaust and intake runners
5 angle valve job
Valve Stem Heights set
Cold Clearance set
New Valve stem seals
New OEM Nissan Oil Pump

I am considering getting the ATS triple carbon clutch, ATS carbon LSD, Greddy Radiator Breather Tank, bigger 750cc injectors, and a Utec from Dan at Tuning Factory.

Possibly this stuff or maybe I'm thinking about getting a new antenna and new overlays for the rear lights.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:54 AM
Yancy

Originally Posted by JonathanAboona
Yancy
Any reason why you chose to go with Eagle Rods vs. Pauter ? I am going to be running a pauter/wiseco setup but just found out that the rods or pistons need to be machined to mate with each other. $200 now added to my motor build bill just because of that
As you know, I previously purchased the Pauter Rods with the Arias pistons but ended up selling those parts to ETX when his motor blew. This time around, I ended up going with the Eagle Rods for no particular reason other than they are less money and lighter in weight than the Pauter Rods, which means less weight in the rotating assembly of the engine. The forging process should make the difference between the Eagle and Pauter rod minimal strength wise. (ie. I know guys with domestic cars running 600 rwhp plus using Eagle rods).

After researching all the available rods for the Z, I decided that all of the forged rods should be capable of at least 600-700 rwhp. A lot of people on this forum believe that the Pauter and Carillo rods are the strongest rods, but more likely that not a piston will break before anyone sees a forged rod break unless you have some really ****ty tune.

Did your rods come with the ARP rod bolts? They should fit nicely in the piston, but maybe there is too much play and they think its best to tighen things up to just make sure.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:31 PM
BobaFettm

something REALLY REALLY bad happened to the Z... ill explain later after Jonathan A. gets back to my PM... a huge write up will be posted on this section and on the Z site...

lets just say the car is dead and the engine has to be pulled... and its not from the turbo or misuse... but from the pulley

Last edited by BobaFettm; 03-27-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:25 PM
D350Z10

****TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt
what happend bro
Old 03-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Yancy

Not good Sorry for the loss. Fill us in on what happened.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Albopballer

WTF BOBFETTM,

I WANTED TO PURCHASE A KJR....lol...dood maybe warranty will cover it?? lol.. i wanna see pictures and a write up, anddd....is a UR pulley any good?

Lenny G.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:56 PM
BobaFettm

personally... after that... I WILL never go with an aluminum pulley again... to many people say the actual bonuses are not worth it... for the chance of what can happen... I'll explain after jon response to my msg...

I mean most likely im gonna get 0 dollars for a failed product that was 100% installed and tigtened down to spec... why do i know this... I tightened it down... had pensoil check it before also... then tuning factory after the TT installed... THEN it failed... I know it wasnt my end...
Old 03-28-2006, 04:54 AM
shifty711

damnit, i have a kjr pulley that hasnt been installed yet. Now im affraid to install it.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:19 PM
mberthia

You may want to check this tread on an engine failure. Owner seems to think that the pulley could have been the cause of the failed crank seal and the bent valves.

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/177091-9000-4.html
Old 04-01-2006, 07:09 AM
shifty711

is anyone meeting up anywhere with their cars this weekend?
Old 04-01-2006, 04:04 PM
zlessnomore

The weather usually determines when we meet, the better it is the better chances of us meeting someplace.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:23 PM
MySunset350Z

too cold for standing around. besides, my car is still in its winter phase, AND im taking it in for the recall on tuesday.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:45 PM
BobaFettm

I'm calling Jonathan A. out right here and now... my cars engine is dead because of his pulley... There has been another recorded case... and someone else that i've talked to now has heard of the problem with the KJR pulley...

I do want help paying for my damages... and I do want something to be done about this... and no jon... not to be mean but you will not be taking the pulley... its not I dont trust you but its the only evidence I have that I have to dish out 5k+ to fix my damn car... and miss 1 main track event and possibly others now...
Old 04-02-2006, 08:57 AM
JonathanAboona

Derek
If this is where you want this to play out that is fine with me. I have tried calling you on the phone to talk to you and we did but the last time we spoke you never called back after you had to go. If you don't want me to run tests on the pulley that's your choice. I stand behind my product 100% and wouldn't be putting my pulley on my $7000 + longblock if I didn't. Everything you have told me thus far makes it seem more and more likely that the pulley was not defected. It was your choice to drive from your school to Novi with the loose pulley, not mine. And the issue you had was before the twin turbos were installed. You said it yourself you have gone through 2 or 3 sets of belts already. Toady's belts are designed to last a good 80k. If the Penzoil service department and Nissan dealer didn't seem to raise any eyebrows about the pulley being the possible problem why is it the issue now. With the TT being installed, no extra draw is pulled from the crank. The only thing that happens is the RPM's obviously fly up considerably faster. Like I told you on the phone, I have customers on the west coast with stage 4 superchargers on their VQ35 and they have absolutely no issues with deformation. That many PSI being drawn from the crank has done nothing to it. Every time I raised that point you kept on saying that doesn't mean the pulley you had was defective which is true but in my opinion, not possible. That's why I offered to take the pulley and run tests on it. I am still willing to go to the shop to look at it myself since I haven't even seen a picture of what happened and even take a sliver of the material off the pulley to get the exact properties of it. Taking the pulley with me would have allowed me to do a brinell hardness test on it but a sliver of material will let me do the same thing just cost $ on my part.
It's sad that this has come between us but I feel that I can't do anything more for you. You have it set in your mind that the pulley caused your motor to fail and I honestly think that no evidence in the world will change your mind. That was my business side of this. However you want to take this into our social relationship is your personal vendetta. You already know how I feel about that.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:23 PM
BobaFettm

this exact samething has happened to other Z's with your pulley jon... The guy lost his engine also that I talked too... you released your product originally with the wrong numbers to spec it down too... I originally installed it with those specs and then had to redo it from that...

your pulley ate the belts... not my engine... I asked before if aftermarket belts squeeled and you said no... shouldnt... you didnt respond with a HEY maybe something is wrong... you just let me go the way it was... so I thought it was just noise... and I drove about 20 miles on a somewhat loose pulley... and it wasnt that it was loose... the KEY was destroyed and my crank was ****ed up...

Yes I do wanna call you out like that... this is costing me more then you probably have even earned on this product and thats bull ****... most manufactures would have tried harder to find out what happened with their failed product... that is why I DO not recommend your product to anyone...

and just because something works on a few cars doesnt mean ALL are perfect... it ran great on my car for a year... then it broke and now I have to dish out a semester of school for a new engine
Old 04-02-2006, 04:19 PM
mzack

Please take the situation off the site. This seems very personal and I do not come here for this.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3