Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 07:35 PM
ODEHBOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i installed my spacer today. im pretty impressed with the results but theres some noice coming from under the hood. i think it may be the strut bar but i played with it and thought it was cleared. is there anything u guys did to clear it?or kno what i can do?thanks
Old 02-19-2009, 03:48 AM
jeff91ta

Originally Posted by ODEHBOY
i installed my spacer today. im pretty impressed with the results but theres some noice coming from under the hood. i think it may be the strut bar but i played with it and thought it was cleared. is there anything u guys did to clear it?or kno what i can do?thanks
When you say play with it I'm guessing you loosened the lock nuts on the strut bar and adjusted it with the center nut? That's really all I did to give the bar more clearance between it and plenum.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:18 AM
ODEHBOY

Originally Posted by jeff91ta
When you say play with it I'm guessing you loosened the lock nuts on the strut bar and adjusted it with the center nut? That's really all I did to give the bar more clearance between it and plenum.
ya thats what i did.. i guess ill adjust it some more.

when are we gonna meet up tho? we should have a meet somewhere in ann arbor or something close by.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:34 AM
AznSky

ODEHBOY check the Detroit Meets thread. I just posted something about the May 9th event in Canton.

But if you ever wanna chill in Ann Arbor I'm always down! Either that or Novi, Hey we can crash AJ's place haha!

Nobody ever wants to come out this far :*( Most of the members live on the east side
Old 02-20-2009, 05:10 AM
Datona Jess

Everyone is always welcome at my place.
Just bring your liver, there is a 1 beer rule at my place.

Also you might want to get some thin felt to put on the underside of the strut brace where it rubs on the plenum. I know me and Mike M (H8bumps) had to do it on Nicks car.
It worked great on his car..
Old 02-27-2009, 08:00 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm afraid for Spring to come.. It is going to be very difficult to keep my foot off the gas once the Z comes out of storage... I'm so sick of my pathetic 188k miles, transmission fluid leaking, no ***** having Sebring.. I need help.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Datona Jess

Amen
Not as bad but we baby the G in the winter.
It has the snow tires on and 120 lbs in the back of it making driving just a point A-B thing. Thats if we drive it, it sits alot.

Its March soon and the weather SHOULD start getting better

Side note, good for you, you made it through another winter with the Sebring man!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:57 PM
shifty711

Hey everyone,

For those who have tried to keep in contact with me (you know who you are)I just wanted to apologize for avoiding your calls. I know that I may seem to you that I have dropped of the face of the earth.

I want to be honest with what has been going on, and I hope that you respect me for posting this. Im sure we all know the current situation with the economy by now. Well, as most of you may know I was involved in the real estate industry which as we all know has gone to ****, for lack of a better term. I have closed out a fair amount of deals towards the end of last year and have been trying to budget the money as best I can for as long as I can.

I have re-enrolled in school and have kept myself on a very tight budget since. I know this may sound rediculous, but again, im going to be honest. I have mostly kept to myself lately not only to focus on my schooling (which is going well if anyone cares) but also to be able to maintane the budget that I have set for myself.

Sometimes it is hard for me at 24 years old to swallow my pride after being fairly financially independant to say "hey, I dont know if I can go out" because to be honest, I cant afford it. So please forgive me for avoiding you all that have tried to contact me numerous times.

For those of you that I am talking about, I hope that you forgive me for avoiding you and respect that it is really an ego blow for me to be in this position. I would like to see you all again if you are willing to forgive me. I just ask that you please understand my situation.

Again, I appologize for all of those that I have offended
Old 02-27-2009, 09:15 PM
ODEHBOY

so my car started acting up again. i had to take off my intake but i left my plenum on cause the dealer prolly doesnt even kno what that is and they told me i need another tranny. This is the 2nd transmission in under 2 months lol. damn rental. im just happy its winter. SNOW DRIFTS FTW!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:15 AM
Phreakdout

Shifty711: I'm not in the group who knows you but I think everyone here in the Detroit area understands and respects the situation you face. Good for you for returning to school and adapting to the challenges you face. Check to see if the state will help fund your schooling. I know they cover some of those who are unemployed. Not sure if your situation applies. Don't do anything rash (like sell the car as you'll take a bath on it) but do what you can to survive. Keep coming out to meets and such. If you don't want to spend the cash on gas, catch a ride with another member. Friendship is free and really helps get through the daily barrage of depressing news from the media.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:38 PM
04Z3E

anyone from the sterling heights area? i don't kno much people with Z's here i was wondering if any z meets go on or anything
Old 03-01-2009, 06:59 PM
h8bumps

Shifty: No need to apologize. A lot of people have it rough right now, including myself. Maybe we should all get together, have a few drinks, and try to forget about all the financial and economic crap going on right now.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:29 AM
Datona Jess

Mike, totally understandable man
No big deal I am on a serious budget right now too man...

Maher-I am game any time for the beer and forget about the doom and gloom crap
Old 03-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Jonny Boy

Mike: You have no reason to apologize. You are definitly going through some tough times, and in the process you are trying to better yourself by going to school. Keep working at it and I hope things will get better for you. I know how tough working and going to school is because I have been doing it for the past 5 years and will be for another 4. It sucks but hopefully it will be worth it in the end. Good luck and we hope to see ya soon.

We should all get together at someones house instead of going out.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:31 AM
blueper4mancez

Michael you know i still love you . call me you son of a b!tch .
Old 03-02-2009, 08:51 AM
jeff91ta

Mike-

I think we all know alot of people that have had to tighten down and change life styles in metro detroit, no need to apologize.

Once it warms up all of us need to get together and share some drinks.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Jonny Boy

Originally Posted by thekinn
I'm afraid for Spring to come.. It is going to be very difficult to keep my foot off the gas once the Z comes out of storage... I'm so sick of my pathetic 188k miles, transmission fluid leaking, no ***** having Sebring.. I need help.
Steve: Dont be afraid of it. There is nothing you can do to prevent it, and even if you did get help.....when you get into your car and the engine warms up you will be all over the gas pedal. At least I know I know I will.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:54 PM
skingy

awwww, you guys who store your z's really miss out on the fun! turn the TCS off... and slide all over in the snow! heh. actually, it kills me daily to see the salt and dirt all over her, but what can i do.... i'll have to get a beater for next winter.

looking forward to top-down, lead foot weather! it's right around the corner....
Old 03-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Jonny Boy

IMO the best mod anyone can have for their Z is a winter beater. Of course that only hold true for people that have weather like us. If I lived somewhere without winter and snow, I would drive it all year round. But I cant stand to drive it on the salt covered, pot hole infested roads.

Lead foot weather will be here in another 3-5 weeks, top down weather is going t obe a little longer than that.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:21 PM
skingy

true.... true. i got an incredible deal on mine this winter... right when my lease was about to run out. so this is my primary driver. for now. this winter only.

my top is going down as soon as it hits 50+! lol. that's why it has a heater and heated leather seats!

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3