Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:44 PM
young Jee(Z)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THIS THREAD IS DEAD!!! where are all my buddies from last year?

another last minute item came in today.

its a debatable diffuser, i just like that it compliments the aggressive front end. gives the rear a bit more character.

i was amazed how well packaged it was, it was triple bubble wrapped, VERY happy about this.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:41 AM
Phreakdout

Nice! Will that fit between the rear pieces you already have?
Old 03-16-2011, 11:40 AM
young Jee(Z)

The rear spats are gonna neeed to be trimmed in order to fit this. It should look good once finished.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:34 PM
quinnry2

Thats sweet, im curious to see how that fits too.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:05 AM
scardeal

I took out the Z for the first time yesterday evening!
Wheeeeee!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Phreakdout

I got a Happy St. Patty's Day gift from the Michgan State Police today. For once, I was not speeding. But the trooper says I was following too close when I just merged onto I275N at Michigan Ave in Canton. The phreakin' semi ahead pulls onto the interstate at 25 mph so at the first chance, I jump into the center lane to pass. When I jumped out, I was "too close" to the bumper of the car I let go by. Don't mind the fact that ******** in the center lane hits his brakes when I get behind him. Don't mind the fact that I have seconds to get from 25 mh to 70 mph before I am squashed but up coming traffic.

I "politely" argued this and got off with a warning but Officer "I need to compinsate for a lack of manhood" wrote me up for window tint. He said window tint is a moving violation now so I will get points if I just pay the fine.

Is that correct? Is Window Tint on driver's and passenger's windows now a moving violation in Michigan?? What horse crap!

/rant
Old 03-17-2011, 09:15 AM
young Jee(Z)

Yes, that went into effect a couple years ago. Know any cops? Have it signed off.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:54 AM
sig11

What a bunch of horse ****.

What do you mean by signed off?
Old 03-17-2011, 11:30 AM
young Jee(Z)

Its a "fix it" ticket, simply remove the tint and return to the station to prove it was removed. Orrrrrr have any officer sign the ticket showing you have removed the tint.....when you never actually did.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:02 PM
ivansz

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
I got a Happy St. Patty's Day gift from the Michgan State Police today. For once, I was not speeding. But the trooper says I was following too close when I just merged onto I275N at Michigan Ave in Canton. The phreakin' semi ahead pulls onto the interstate at 25 mph so at the first chance, I jump into the center lane to pass. When I jumped out, I was "too close" to the bumper of the car I let go by. Don't mind the fact that ******** in the center lane hits his brakes when I get behind him. Don't mind the fact that I have seconds to get from 25 mh to 70 mph before I am squashed but up coming traffic.

I "politely" argued this and got off with a warning but Officer "I need to compinsate for a lack of manhood" wrote me up for window tint. He said window tint is a moving violation now so I will get points if I just pay the fine.

Is that correct? Is Window Tint on driver's and passenger's windows now a moving violation in Michigan?? What horse crap!

/rant
You can just mail the ticket after you get it signed; you don't have to go the police station.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:22 PM
young Jee(Z)

This is the clearance under load, not maxed out since my jack wouldn't go any higher. This is an idea of how it will sit static.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:45 AM
Phreakdout

^^ Holy Cow! Those are huge! I'm really interested to see how this turns out. Wish you got a side shot to show off how deep they look on the car.

Originally Posted by young Jee(Z)
The rear spats are gonna neeed to be trimmed in order to fit this. It should look good once finished.
I think that might be a lot of trimming! Have you thought of the Nismo rear add ons instead?

Regarding the ticket: I'll probably remove the tint. It really doesn't matter much as it is a summer car and 95% of the time, the windows are down. I wanted the tint to make it cool looking while parked. If it weren't so cold yesterday morning, I would have had them down. The car attracts cops as it is and the tint is one more thing to give them a reason to pull me over and ticket me for something else too. (Exhaust, speeding, no white reverse lights, excessive red paint, etc.)

Hopefully I can avoid getting pulled over for a while. I have to go down to Knoxville this weekend. One of Karen's cousins died (suicide). Karen and Brianna will stay longer but I have to come back on Monday so I will drive separately in the Z. Wish I could stay longer and run the Dragon. I'll be 45 minutes away from it.

Last edited by Phreakdout; 03-18-2011 at 03:56 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:28 AM
sig11

What level of tint did 'ya have, Brian? 20%? I think about tint occasionally but I think it would make it too dark at night/in the rain even though I am really light sensitive.

Sorry to hear about Karen's cousin.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:06 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by sig11
What level of tint did 'ya have, Brian? 20%? I think about tint occasionally but I think it would make it too dark at night/in the rain even though I am really light sensitive.

Sorry to hear about Karen's cousin.
20% all around. It's really not bad at night. I probably wouldn't see a ninja on a bicycle without lights but I think my odds of running into one are pretty slim.

Thanks on the condolences.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:28 AM
quinnry2

Michigan State cops are the worst, I have a criminal justice class with a MSU cop as the prof. he was a nice guy but explained about all the budget cuts and needs to write more tickets.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:41 AM
young Jee(Z)

Old 03-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Phreakdout

Got up at 6:30am this morning and took off for a quick spin on the Dragon. Morning temps were cool to perfect for top down driving. I was able to make a couple runs all the way to Fontana.

It was fantastic!!! Almost no one on the road and I didn't see a single police officer in the surrounding towns. I forgot to pack my GoPro HD housing. Instead I had the non-HD housing which is too small for the HD. I rigged it so I could still get some forward video and rear angle was taken with the Kodak.

I'll piece it together just to get y'all in the mood for the Dragon! ZdayZ is less than 2 months away!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:04 AM
AznSky

Hey guys, just got back from phx this morning.

Brian sorry about your wife's cousin, please give your family my condolences. And that sucks about the ticket too, that's why I still roll my windows down when I'm next to a cop or he's going the same direction as me.

Edmon the wheels look extreme man! Are you planning on running some pretty big negative camber or they gonna sit out like that? Also what are you lowered on?

Spring is mostly here! See if I can find time to take the Z out today.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by AznSky
Brian sorry about your wife's cousin, please give your family my condolences. And that sucks about the ticket too, that's why I still roll my windows down when I'm next to a cop or he's going the same direction as me.
Thanks Rob, will do!

Since he committed suicide, an autopsy is required by the state. Unfortunately, they haven't released the body to the funeral home so I won't be here for any services. I come back on tomorrow. Karen and Brianna will stay longer and come back in the RX8.

Next weekend I will clean out the garage and start getting ready for an April Install party.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:10 AM
young Jee(Z)

Rob, the lip will tuck under the fender at full compression, but static it will sit outside the fender. Should be mounted tomorow, im at a wedding today.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3