Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 04:02 PM
MikeNT256

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are we talking about the Dick Scott's in Canton? I didn't like their customer service when I was shopping..
Old 06-19-2005, 04:08 PM
zlessnomore

Yes I have been around to almost every dealer from Key to the one in Troy and even talked to a few on the phone and Doug in service at D.S. knows what it is.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:12 PM
mzack

Default Check this out

NASCAR - batman begins 400
Attached Thumbnails Detroit Area Z List part 3-bat.jpg  
Old 06-20-2005, 07:34 AM
MySunset350Z

jon, you should swing by this weekend if you want to work on your nitrous system. thats all im going to be doing all weekend. i need to find a new location for my switches. that location is in use for something else now.

the reason i have 2 bumpers is because i was hit a while back and the damage wasnt bad enough to throw the bumper away. i paid a little extra out of pocket and had the shop order a new bumper. so now i have 2 bumpers.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:25 AM
mzack

If you guys want help this weekend, I will lend a hand.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:48 AM
JonathanAboona

excellent let me know when and where
Old 06-21-2005, 01:53 PM
MySunset350Z

my house. pm me for an address. or call 3136735215. .35c/min. lol.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:44 PM
DaveCSparty

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
Are we talking about the Dick Scott's in Canton? I didn't like their customer service when I was shopping..
I'm not a big fan of Dick Scott either. They treated me like I was a 16 year old kid when I went in there. Took me about 30 minutes before anyone even talked to me. Sales manager was a major dick too

Went to Suburban 2 days later and left with a new Z, I don't care that it is 20 miles further. They at least wanted to earn my business.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:36 PM
MikeNT256

Originally Posted by DaveCSparty
I'm not a big fan of Dick Scott either. They treated me like I was a 16 year old kid when I went in there. Took me about 30 minutes before anyone even talked to me. Sales manager was a major dick too

Went to Suburban 2 days later and left with a new Z, I don't care that it is 20 miles further. They at least wanted to earn my business.

EXACTLY!!!! I hate being treated like a kid. I work hard, I make money, all I ask is to be treated fairly. As soon as they found out I had to sell my car, he was like "well, sorry."

Cook Imports has been a great deal of help and the sales rep is willing to do anything to make sure I get the car I want.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:23 PM
DaveCSparty

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
EXACTLY!!!! I hate being treated like a kid. I work hard, I make money, all I ask is to be treated fairly. As soon as they found out I had to sell my car, he was like "well, sorry."

Cook Imports has been a great deal of help and the sales rep is willing to do anything to make sure I get the car I want.
For real, I'm 24 and make decent money. I hated the fact that the sales manager talked to the salesperson about me, WHILE I'M STILL THERE, like I didn't exist. "Go find him a car that he wants" as he was walking away pissed when I asked for an appraisal on my trade in. When I was insisting on getting a quote on the trade in before I talk price on a Z, he acted like I just called him mom a *****.

Sorry I was being a smart buyer and didn't want to negotiate monthly payments instead of a price on the car

Some people needs to get fired. I was actually pissed enough to write Nissan about them on the survey I got after buying my Z. I told them I was at Dick Scott and they almost lost a sale for them.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:25 PM
MikeNT256

For real, I'm 24 and make decent money. I hated the fact that the sales manager talked to the salesperson about me, WHILE I'M STILL THERE, like I didn't exist. "Go find him a car that he wants" as he was walking away pissed when I asked for an appraisal on my trade in. When I was insisting on getting a quote on the trade in before I talk price on a Z, he acted like I just called him mom a *****.

Sorry I was being a smart buyer and didn't want to negotiate monthly payments instead of a price on the car

Some people needs to get fired. I was actually pissed enough to write Nissan about them on the survey I got after buying my Z. I told them I was at Dick Scott and they almost lost a sale for them.
See i'm 20 (turn 21 in July) and make good money, and the guy didn't even appraise my car. Instead he did a Kelly Blue Book and said there was no way he could give me anywhere near the price I wanted.

So, this will sound newbish but is that what you're supposed to do? Negotiate the price, not the monthly payment? Cause thats what my main concern was what id be paying a month, but obviously how much i'd have to repay.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:01 PM
DaveCSparty

Yea Mike, they always want to ask you how much you want to pay a month. Do NOT negotiate that way, they can play games w/ the numbers and rip you off.

Negotiate a price on the car itself, and also keep the trade in separate. Do the trade in first, and then the car, or vice versa. Or else they could be giving you a great deal on the trade in, but a not so great deal on the car.

Check out http://www.carbuyingtips.com

Great site. Where do you work? I have a company discount with Nissan (VPP), so I didn't even have to negotiate a price on the Z after all.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:29 PM
MikeNT256

I work for Nextel Communications. One of my customers is a Nissan North American Tech employee and I asked if he would be so kind to offer me VPP pricing, so the Z Enthusiast was going to be sold to me at $27,100. This was 3 months ago as well.

I still have a trade in to work out, and I do NOT want to go upside-down (as inevitable as this may seem). I just don't want to lose this time. But i'm also weary if I should do this now, or pay off my car, I have approximately 2 years, but if I get this job promotion i've been waiting on, i'm going to send in double payments and just have the car PAID in a year, so I can have a winter car. I'm going to adore the Z too much to want to destroy it in the winter. Plus with the promotion, i'd have car allowance, i'll just have to worry about a house payment (i'm moving out by 22)
Old 06-21-2005, 07:56 PM
DaveCSparty

Call up Nissan VPP's hotline, I just asked if my company gets VPP and the lady gave me a claim number.

Yea, I have to pick up a winter beater as well. Just like a 500 dollar one hopefully. I hear ya about moving out, I've been home one year now after college. It's time I start looking as well.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:31 PM
MikeNT256

I still gotta go back to college! I'm thinking I may end up purchasing my car so I have something for winter. I know i've asked over and over how the Z is in the winter, but I don't want to do it to "her" lol.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:23 AM
mzack

By the way, we are planning a meet in Novi Sunday July 3rd at 2pm. Hope it goes this time. Add your name to the list if interested.

1)JonathanAboona
2)mzack
Old 06-22-2005, 03:18 AM
Cain96

MikeNT256 I have a Z for sale:-) I wish I could make it to the meet on the 3rd but, unfortunately I'll be in sunny SoCal watching the fireworks on missions bay You guys can pick up my baby and put a for sale sign on here and park her with you guys if you want:-))
Old 06-22-2005, 03:19 AM
Cain96

PS I'm getting the prototype gas stays installed today for the hatch. I'll let you know how they work out.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:49 AM
mi300zx

I cant speak to the "Sales-side" of Dick Scott's in Canton, however, I can tell you that the folks on the Service Side (Doug, in particuliar), has been GREAT to work with. He's incredibly personable and seems to want you (The Customer) pleased. I have had my '84 300ZX there for a significant number of items. I guess, I would just suggest that you consider evaluating the Service Side, when looking for your next car. The Sales folks, you only deal with for a short time. The Service folks, are those that you will deal with for much longer timeframe. Just my thoughts!
Old 06-22-2005, 06:02 AM
MySunset350Z

Originally Posted by mzack
By the way, we are planning a meet in Novi Sunday July 3rd at 2pm. Hope it goes this time. Add your name to the list if interested.

1)JonathanAboona
2)mzack
3)mysunset350z
im there.

we're getting a lot of new people posting. did i miss something?

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3