Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 07:52 AM
BobaFettm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BIG events this weekend everyone

FRIDAY!!
REDLINE 8:30ish tonight at 11 mile and Inkster... Like always a great turn out plus after Woodward racing!

Saturday!!
Bothing the Telegraph cruising...

Tele

THEN AFTER ...
Under the Lights!!

UTL

SUNDAY!!! HUGE SCCA EVENT at the Visteon plant in ypsi!!

AUTOCROSS

Dont be the stereotypical Z owner that doesnt race his car race your car!! j/k

Everyone have a good time at the meet... next time should try to plan around the SCCA events at least... there are a few Z owners that could have been out at the meet if not for the autocross

Call if anyone needs directions or anything... 810 577 6621
Old 07-29-2005, 08:12 AM
Yancy

Originally Posted by Cain96
I'm down for sunday.. I never know when my last meet will be since the Z is STILL for sale.. Is anybody doing the Telegraph cruise thing??
I may be able to make the Sunday meet. Saturday is the channel 95.5 car show so I'll be there most of the day. I got a feeling there is going to be some bad *** cars there. I've been known to appear on Telegraph now and then, but spend most cruising time on Gratiot giving people on the east side a V6 woopin, psssst. By the way, Godspeed has installed another Greddy TT kit on a silverstone Z with nismo wing and bbs wheels.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:21 PM
etx

Too bad ALL my cars are broke. Tranny died on the eclipse last night, I'll have a new one in tomarrow. The 300zx has a bad MAF and the 350 is still in pieces. The shop that's machining my VQ called with the bearing specs so I gotta order those, the gasket set and a upper oil pan. I'm gonna try to get the new trans w/ the LSD in asap tomarrow and head out to tele. I just power coated my upper IC pipe for it, looks seksi.

If anyone needs anything powdercoated lemme know, I can do anything that fits in my 3'X3'X2' oven. I only have a few colors in right now, but the transparent red and the perl blue look f'n swheeet.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:19 AM
JonathanAboona

where and what time are we meeting..... I'll be there !!!!
I hope we get a nice turnout
Old 07-31-2005, 06:07 AM
zlessnomore

1pm in Novi at BWW's and Hooters
Old 07-31-2005, 07:13 AM
JonathanAboona

sounds good to me
Old 08-01-2005, 07:14 AM
zlessnomore

It was nice day and too those that showed up thanks! We had some fun and good food, and some saw the new stripes! Hope they looked good to you like they do to me!
Old 08-01-2005, 07:12 PM
MikeNT256

Glad you guys had fun! I was trying to get a chance to take a break from the office and see if I could swing up there with my dirty *** car, but unfortunately (well...no, it was fortunate) we were really busy and I got busy with sales.

Next time you guys decide to do this, stop up at the mall so I can come hang out too! Twelve Oaks, right off of Novi and 12 mile.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:43 AM
Cain96

In case you guys know somebody... I dropped my price down to 24K
http://www.classyauto.com/viewlistin...sting_id=35879
Old 08-05-2005, 08:42 AM
mdacko

whats up guys....havent been on the boards in a loooong while.

Yancy good to see you on Saturday - that show was scaaaaryyyy!
Old 08-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Yancy

Yeah, it was. Your car was looking good as usual. That blue convert Z looked sweet too. You have your car in the DUB show this weekend at Cobo? I'll be there with the same mustang guys as last weekend.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:16 PM
zlessnomore

Originally Posted by BobaFettm
BIG events this weekend everyone

FRIDAY!!
REDLINE 8:30ish tonight at 11 mile and Inkster... Like always a great turn out plus after Woodward racing!

Saturday!!
Bothing the Telegraph cruising...

Tele

THEN AFTER ...
Under the Lights!!

UTL

SUNDAY!!! HUGE SCCA EVENT at the Visteon plant in ypsi!!

AUTOCROSS

Dont be the stereotypical Z owner that doesnt race his car race your car!! j/k

Everyone have a good time at the meet... next time should try to plan around the SCCA events at least... there are a few Z owners that could have been out at the meet if not for the autocross

Call if anyone needs directions or anything... 810 577 6621
Derick what is the site for the pics taken last night? Man that was fun and the cars were pretty darn cool to!
Old 08-07-2005, 12:08 PM
zlessnomore

ETX can you get the Detroit Z site back up and give the info like the domain stuff to BobaFettm? His name is also Derick and he has access to server that will never go down or away like the Detroit Z seems to. Thanks for your help we need to get stuff posted for Zdayz 06 and that seems like the best place to start.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Albopballer

Hello Everyone,

I was directed to this site, My name Is Lenny and I recently(april of 05) purchased a brand new 2004.5(had some supposed** 05 parts...whatever that means) 350z. A gentlemen from Tail of the Dragon directed me to the MetroDetroitZ club and I just wanted to say hello and just check out some of the fellow Z peeps . Im from the Warren/Sterling Area and i've yet to see a Z on the road in my area unless its an old man in this white one. haha

I dont know what sn is what, But Gerry i got your reply back, I hope im posting on the right website .

I just want to say Hi to all and hopefully i can get some cool info from you guys on how to upgrade the Z and what not thanks a lot!

Lenny G.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:21 PM
zlessnomore

Nice to see you found the site Lenny and welcome to you! I am old but I drive a silverstone not a white one,so sorry to disappoint you! lol
Well pretty much this has a good history for you to look at of the people that live around you, that have some pretty nice cars. I am planning to hit the red line meet on Friday if you can make let me know and I would be happy to drive out there with you.
Once again WELCOME
Old 08-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Maizzze

Welcome Lenny. How do you like your new Z?

+1 on the Redline meet. I'd like to see what it's all about.

Last edited by Maizzze; 08-09-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:16 PM
MySunset350Z

welcome lenny. i havent been to any meet or show this summer. my car is looking messy, but ill be at redline this friday. i wont get there untill around 10 though.

there's a lot of new names on here. its pretty cool.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Albopballer

Hey all,

You guys all got sweet a** rides...i saw the pics of My Sunset 350z, THOSE LAMBO DOORS ARE SIIIIIIIIIIK...omg...and i emphasize on the sik* lol and what is Red Line all about?? me and my brother and a few of his import buddies, they are like 16, seniors at Warren Mott lol (imma feel like im in high school again) but they all want me to come out to Woodward, i guess there is a group of Nissan 350z's out there, and supposidley some Le Mans Orange one is out there tearing everyone up, so I was assuming it was you guys lol ....but Let me no where redline is, i dont no if ill be able to make it to redline, but i will be out on Woodward...and I just want to say Hi to all of you once again!
Old 08-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Albopballer

Oh yea, By The Way, to your question Maiiize*,

I LOVE MY Z...i am a design engineer for a tier 1 supplier/integrater/pretty much we are gm to gm company....and i get nothing but ..."why didnt you buy a vette"....then i ask them...why be like everyone else in the domestic bubble...and why should i when im driving on the road, and probably(no lie) every 3rd day, i get a few brave souls to comment on my ride or ask me "what the hell is that thing" "ive never seen a car like that" "that thing is unbelieveable, beatiful car man" and I look at them in their typical x chassis/body platform Malibu or Impala or Grand am or whatever 13 other gm typicals all built on the same drivetrain and i just wonder....will the midwest states ever outgrow the bubble?? lol...sorry, i vented...as you can see i am surrounded by narrow minded people....

all in all im happy thou...AND I LOVE MY Z
Old 08-10-2005, 07:02 AM
Maizzze

Originally Posted by Albopballer
Oh yea, By The Way, to your question Maiiize*,

I LOVE MY Z...i am a design engineer for a tier 1 supplier/integrater/pretty much we are gm to gm company....and i get nothing but ..."why didnt you buy a vette"....then i ask them...why be like everyone else in the domestic bubble...and why should i when im driving on the road, and probably(no lie) every 3rd day, i get a few brave souls to comment on my ride or ask me "what the hell is that thing" "ive never seen a car like that" "that thing is unbelieveable, beatiful car man" and I look at them in their typical x chassis/body platform Malibu or Impala or Grand am or whatever 13 other gm typicals all built on the same drivetrain and i just wonder....will the midwest states ever outgrow the bubble?? lol...sorry, i vented...as you can see i am surrounded by narrow minded people....

all in all im happy thou...AND I LOVE MY Z

Agreed. I just ignore the ricer comments and laugh at the ignorance... most of the time. I've got one of those friends (who's more of a friend by association) that "escaped" his redneck roots and went to college, but the apple really didn't fall far from the tree. He's always saying stupid sh!+ like "When are the spinners going on?." Or making the Honda Civic w/ fart pipe noises when another Z goes by... "That guy thinks he's cool." Whatever.

My other friend bought an 05 Mustang a few months before I bought the Z. When I called him up to tell him that I bought it he was mostly confused why I didn't get a mustang. It's probably best to stop trying to make people understand and just enjoy the fact that you do.

The point is that I wanted a 2 seat, small, powerful sports car with good handling and the only company that can offer me that in my price range was Nissan. I like all kinds of cars, but I only have enough money to buy one and the Z was it!

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3