Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 05:48 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When are Zdayz... I wanna go soo bad, got to test my new setup!!!! Going down to NC to get tuned by Sharif in DEC!!!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 07:10 AM
etx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zlessnomore
Went out to unload the Z on Monday afternoon and found a puddle of oil under it. Looks like the entire front of the block is covered in oil. Seems I may be not driving the Z for sometime. Does anyone have an idea how bad it could be or what could be causing the oil leak, it starts up and sounds great no weird noises?
Sounds like a leak in the timing chain cover or the upper oil pan. Grab some UV Ink from murrays and put the UV light on it to find the leak. Make sure you change the oil after you do that, I don't like running the motor with the ink in there too long.

Got my heads back!! I had them cleaned, pressure tested and the one bad valve replaced. I had the guy do a mild port on the ports and he rounded off the cylender head side edge, which is some muscle car guy trick I guess. I got the heads on last night, I'll most likely install the timing cover soon and I have all next week off work to get the Z back togeather! Woo Hoo!! So now I have Arias forged pistons @ 9:1, Pauter rods and some headwork. Here are some pics:

http://etherealdesign.com/pics/zmotor/

Originally Posted by D350Z10
When are Zdayz... I wanna go soo bad, got to test my new setup!!!! Going down to NC to get tuned by Sharif in DEC!!!!!
Sharif is cool and everything, But why not take it to Dan at Godspeed? Dan is awsome, and local.

Last edited by etx; 10-20-2005 at 07:23 AM.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:10 PM
zlessnomore

Zdayz is in May the weekend right before the Holiday go to the web site zdayzevents.com and it should be up dated soon with all the info you will need. Sharif was there this past weekend he is one wild and crazy Z owner and the car is out of site! killboy.com has a bunch of pics even me from this past weekend. And yes I almost went side ways off one of the turns on the Dragon. Was very insane going sideways across both lanes down hill on one of the turns.

Thanks Derick for the advice will check it out soon as I can.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:34 PM
D350Z10

Because I want my car done perfect the first time.. and i feel that Sharif will be the best person to go to. I have had my car tuned my Dan with the emanage blue when i was N/A and wasn't impressed with his tunning. Plus Sharif has so much knowledge about the Z.. more than anyone i know.
Hey Gerry its Trent.. with the Lemans sunset Z... I have a turbonetics kit now!!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 05:38 PM
zlessnomore

That just sounds sick knowing you will be driving that behind me or even in front of me on the Dragon in May! Cannot wait to see the Z when you get her done! Check with Andy (Mcduck)he knows some Z guy that tunes nothing but good stuff, got his up to 425 and that just makes him fly faster than ever!
Old 10-20-2005, 05:52 PM
D350Z10

Lol sounds good. I am just waiting for the Z to get back from the body shop ( Do-luck body kit install) Still waiting on the damn kit to get here! I already made my appoitment with sharif for dec 17th OOOUCH SNOW... dont worry i am going to tralier the car down and he is installing a AAM fuel return system, 440cc Injectors, Innovative wide band, Defi boost and fuel pressure gauges, tuning, and maybe a lsd!!!!
I CANT WAIT FOR ZDAYZ!!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 07:51 PM
JonathanAboona

etx i am about 2 months behind you in my project
my block just finally got done being torn down
now im waiting for the final parts to come in before it all comes back together
im going with darton sleeves, pauter rods, arias pistons 9.0 comp, and the arp main head kit. wont be doing turbo till the following year though
Old 10-21-2005, 09:42 AM
etx

Because I want my car done perfect the first time.. and i feel that Sharif will be the best person to go to. I have had my car tuned my Dan with the emanage blue when i was N/A and wasn't impressed with his tunning. Plus Sharif has so much knowledge about the Z.. more than anyone i know.
Hey Gerry its Trent.. with the Lemans sunset Z... I have a turbonetics kit now!!!!
That's because it's an emanage on a NA car. What good is that going to do? Like anyone is going to be able to put a better tune on a car with a piggyback than what Nissan did over months of testing. Geez.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:02 AM
D350Z10

Lol beg to differ... I went to Monkey Wrench and made 23 rwhp+ when tuned from them!!!! Dan is a great guy.. but I feel that they dont treat their customers with the up most respect! And Sharif is know as the best tuner for the Z in The east coast hands down!
Old 10-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Yancy

Lol beg to differ... I went to Monkey Wrench and made 23 rwhp+ when tuned from them!!!! Dan is a great guy.. but I feel that they dont treat their customers with the up most respect! And Sharif is know as the best tuner for the Z in The east coast hands down!
ETX makes very good points, but you are correct that Sharif is a very knowledgeable and respected tuner. You cannot expect magic by adding an emanage to a car with bolt ons to make hugh numbers, especially (as pointed out by ETX) when Nissan already came with a pretty good tune from the factory. I don't think it would be a mistake for you to have Sharif do the work because I've heard nothing but good things.

However, I'm pretty sure Dan from Godspeed is just as good as Sharif is. Taking my car as an example, out of all the Greddy TT kits across the county (not just the east coast) running 8psi, Dan has achieved to get my car more power and torque than 99 out of 100 of them. Also, my car has been running strong for almost 2 years now. As far as getting 23 more rwhp from Monkey Wrench, don't forget that it was dynoed on a different dyno on a different day. Plus, an operator of a dyno can fudge numbers pretty easily. I'm not calling BS on you, but I just don't want people thinking that Monkey Wrench is somehow better than Dan based on something that can so easily be discounted. What kind of dyno does Monkey Wrench use? If its not a dynapack then comparing the numbers from two different dynoes is like comparing apples to oranges.

By the way ETX, those engine parts look very pretty. It's almost like I saw them somewhere before. Can't wait to see that thing when its done.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:33 AM
D350Z10

Originally Posted by Yancy
ETX makes very good points, but you are correct that Sharif is a very knowledgeable and respected tuner. You cannot expect magic by adding an emanage to a car with bolt ons to make hugh numbers, especially (as pointed out by ETX) when Nissan already came with a pretty good tune from the factory. I don't think it would be a mistake for you to have Sharif do the work because I've heard nothing but good things.

However, I'm pretty sure Dan from Godspeed is just as good as Sharif is. Taking my car as an example, out of all the Greddy TT kits across the county (not just the east coast) running 8psi, Dan has achieved to get my car more power and torque than 99 out of 100 of them. Also, my car has been running strong for almost 2 years now. As far as getting 23 more rwhp from Monkey Wrench, don't forget that it was dynoed on a different dyno on a different day. Plus, an operator of a dyno can fudge numbers pretty easily. I'm not calling BS on you, but I just don't want people thinking that Monkey Wrench is somehow better than Dan based on something that can so easily be discounted. What kind of dyno does Monkey Wrench use? If its not a dynapack then comparing the numbers from two different dynoes is like comparing apples to oranges.

By the way ETX, those engine parts look very pretty. It's almost like I saw them somewhere before. Can't wait to see that thing when its done.
I agree with you when saying Dan is a great tuner... I said that somtimes he doesn't treat his customers with the up-most respect. As for monkey wrench they use the same exact dyno as the tunning factory the dyna pack. Also I am getting great prices from sharif which no one can come close to... And Sharif is the only person i know who has worked with the turbonetics kit and has been able to get that kit well over 400rwhp as it is! That is comforting to me knowing that it can be done. Plus I want to take a rode trip!!!!!

Shawn... So when are we going to run our cars lol... We can both smoke Don and his crew now with our Z's haha!!!!! HE HAS N20
Trent

Last edited by D350Z10; 10-21-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:30 AM
etx

I agree with you when saying Dan is a great tuner... I said that somtimes he doesn't treat his customers with the up-most respect. As for monkey wrench they use the same exact dyno as the tunning factory the dyna pack. Also I am getting great prices from sharif which no one can come close to... And Sharif is the only person i know who has worked with the turbonetics kit and has been able to get that kit well over 400rwhp as it is! That is comforting to me knowing that it can be done. Plus I want to take a rode trip!!!!!
I just seems silly to go all that way when we have some great shops around here. Dan is a busy guy and he is a master of his trade. He's not going to sugar coat things, it is what it is. Sharif is a great guy, but cmon. He's been doing this for about a year now, I don't believe he has a shop, he sells parts. Anyways, just thought I'd point that out. I'm sure Sharif will take care of you as he's a bright guy as well. Call me a Detroit pureist. :P

Originally Posted by Yancy
I took all week off work just to work on the Z and some sidework, so I plan on having it done soon. It won't be much to look at, but you know I work at 13/Van Dyke so you can come check it out whenever. It won't really be ready to rock until next year when I do the clutch and the fuel system.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:47 AM
D350Z10

I understand where your coming from. So what is DetroitZ... the website doesn't work.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:17 AM
BobaFettm

Metro Z CC Fall Cruise

Sunday October 23, 2005
Meet at the Dearborn High School Parking lot on Outer Drive, 1 block north of Michigan Avenue....

Meet between 10:30-11:00 a.m. Don’t be late !! We will leave at 11 a.m. and then cruise as a group on some scenic roads, a little highway action some more scenic roads etc. etc etc. You get the point. Were going to show off .......a little!

We will then ultimately end up at an establishment with some food, nice scenery, liquid refreshments and some conversation on what we want to do AS A GROUP next year.

Please RSVP by Saturday October 15 so I can reserve enough space at the restaurant. We will arrive around 1 p.m. for lunch.

If you need directions to Dearborn High School, e-mail me.

Hopefully we will have a good turnout and get some planning done for next year.

See you on the SUNDAY the 23rd

Craig Dzovigian Metro Detroit ZCC

RSVP to: Craig Dzovigian <clubchamp98@msn.com>. Tell them you saw the post by Nadir on xceedspeed, and please post here if you are planning on coming.

XceedSpeed
Old 10-22-2005, 10:30 AM
MySunset350Z

didnt we miss the deadline? it says rsvp by the 15th.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:23 AM
BobaFettm

no... just show up

everyone is welcome!!
Old 10-22-2005, 12:03 PM
MySunset350Z

thats too close to my house to pass up. damn. ahh, im done for the year. my car looks too dirty to drive. lol.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:58 AM
Albopballer

God Darnit!

I missed the RSVP, and its sunday morning and im reading this post as of right now, its 11:00 almost, no way i can make it out there....i really wouldve liked to meet all you other metro D Z owners...maybe next year... Take care everyone, 2 more weeks and my car go's to sleep. lol
Old 10-23-2005, 09:18 AM
mzack

Hello everyone. I was just checking in and see everyone is doing engine builds. I will mis the cruise today since I aready have plans.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:45 PM
BobaFettm

HUGE Z meet in michigan

absolutely the best car meet for me since ZdayZ I had a great time!

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3