Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 03:22 PM
MySunset350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont want to say yes and not show up, but i will try to make it. i havent been to any meets yet this year.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:00 PM
zlessnomore

Well I can say it will be good to see you this year :-)!
Old 09-24-2005, 01:14 AM
MySunset350Z

too kind. lol.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:30 AM
zlessnomore

You know I am only joking would rather see your Z any way!
Old 09-24-2005, 05:31 AM
zlessnomore

The bad thing is it is suppose to rain tomorrow and pretty bad from the weather report I saw. But no Rita like rain or wind at least Michigan has it's bright points! No major fault lines and no ocean coast lines!
Old 09-24-2005, 05:49 AM
zlessnomore

Zar Show today in Ann Arbor north campus off Hubbard and Huron Parkway exit Plymouth road from 23. It starts at 12:30 and goes till 4:30pm and the game starts at 6pm tonight. fyi
Old 09-24-2005, 05:11 PM
zlessnomore

I took first in class third in show at the Ann Arbor car show today! Was very nice for a first year show.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:15 PM
MySunset350Z

congratulations. are we still on for tomorrow?
Old 09-25-2005, 06:49 AM
zlessnomore

If it is not raining I will be there at 1pm or so.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:28 AM
MySunset350Z

guys, im sorry. i just woke up. lol. i wont be able to make it. have fun at the meet.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:36 AM
zlessnomore

Was there at about 12:50 and stayed till 1:50 and than I left.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:32 AM
MySunset350Z

wasnt it raining? did anyone else show up?
Old 09-26-2005, 09:57 AM
afterdarkZ

Thought you guys might want to know there have been some big changes with Godspeed recently. I know a few of you went there. They combined with Autowerks and have a new location. All the details are here: http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32382
Old 09-27-2005, 10:40 AM
Yancy

Originally Posted by afterdarkZ
Thought you guys might want to know there have been some big changes with Godspeed recently. I know a few of you went there. They combined with Autowerks and have a new location. All the details are here: http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32382
Interesting. I've heard good things about Autowerks and have had good experiences with Godspeed, but the only person in this area that I will allow to tune my car is Dan from Godspeed. The guy really knows how to tune a car for maximum power. Other than that, a drive to Chi town is necessary for the Z to get tuned by another known expert Z tuner.

I wonder how this might affect me building my engine for some major increases? Might have to get a built crate motor from SGP racing, have them send it up here from Texas, and have Dan and the new shop install and tune it. From what it looks like, tuning will be around $150 an hour. Anyone remember what Godspeed used to charge for tuning? I thought it was around $75 an hour?

Dan and all the guys at Godspeed are great at what they do, so I hope the best of luck to them and Autowerks with their new partnership. We should get a group of guys together and head over to the Grand/Opening and Dyno days.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:17 PM
JonathanAboona

I was thinking going SGP racing route also but I may have help from a guy who runs a 7 second IHRA car i go to college with. I think I am just going to have his shop do if for me if they wont laugh when i bring a 3.5 V6 down there. There used to working on 9+ Liter N/A beasts. I hear from alot of people saying that the Z motor needs to be rebuilt by a Z mechanic.... I dont understand why tho same principles apply to every car..... Why is the Z so sensitive ????

I guess I am going to take the motor out regardless and figure it out from there. So far I got the front bumper, bumper guard, headlights, upper and lower plenum, fan, half the harness, coolant and oil drained along with most hoses gone. Everything is going very smoothly but putting it back togethere will take longer ovbioulsy because I would have to torque everything down in certain orders and bla bla bla.

Yancy I am begging for a ride in ur car one day before you store it. I need to know reassure myself that this is all going to be worth it in the end Let me know if your free one of these weekends
Old 09-28-2005, 06:51 AM
Yancy

JonathanAboona,
Sure, I don't plan on putting the car away until the snow starts to fly and the roads get salted. I typically only drive it on weekends anyway. Right now I've got 450 rwhp and around 409 rwtq. Car runs very strong at this set up (I've taken an 05 viper from a run from 20 to 120 mph and have beaten 3 different Z06's with mods from differing starting points so the car is fast). In the last couple of weeks, the car feels a bit weird at times as if the clutch is going again or maybe the rear end is going to decide to give out on me.

There are guys on here that have built engines and TT's putting down over 600 rwhp 600 rwtq so I'm sure they are much much faster as long as the can hook up with the pavement. If you have someone built your engine, you should probably look into renting Sahriff's (from forgedinternals.com) torque plate so as to avoid piston slap in the new engine. I like SGP racing because they have built dozens of 350z engines and already have experienced any difficulties with the rebuild on our particular engine, but the engine I want from them is like $10,000 or something crazy like that. Along with the engine, the half axles will need replaced from the forgedinternals.com or the driveshaftshop and a new clutch will be needed too to handle the additional power and torque. You will actually save a lot of money if you get your turbo kit and have it installed at the same time you do your engine.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:28 AM
Albopballer

Default To Yancy and Jonathan

Hey guys,

Holy **** for one yancy, what did you do to your car to get it that fast? Put me on your tab at wherever, im in lol jk.

Honest to God, im +1 with JonathanAboona, i want to see your car before you guys both store em, i dont know where you guys live but im in the warren/sterling area.

I dont know if you guys like Buffalo WIld WIngs, i know there are a few around here maybe we could meet up, i just want to see your cars and just get some ideas.

Talk to you guys later!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Yancy

Originally Posted by Albopballer
Hey guys,

Holy **** for one yancy, what did you do to your car to get it that fast? Put me on your tab at wherever, im in lol jk.

Honest to God, im +1 with JonathanAboona, i want to see your car before you guys both store em, i dont know where you guys live but im in the warren/sterling area.

I dont know if you guys like Buffalo WIld WIngs, i know there are a few around here maybe we could meet up, i just want to see your cars and just get some ideas.

Talk to you guys later!
Hey LennyG,
I think we ran into each other down on Woodward once sometime close to the dream cruise. I was the guy in the chrome silver Z with wheels, veilside bodykit, etc. I was with a guy that had a white/blue saleen mustang with a flame paint job.

As far as things to get the Z fast, I added a Greddy Twin Turbo kit (comes with piggyback computer, larger injectors, etc), added some fuel system upgrades, had my computer reflashed by technosquare in CA for boost, installed a Greddy E-01 boost controller, installed Greddy EVO II exhaust with Helix test pipes, added a clutchmaster stage 4 clutch and flywheel, and had it tuned to 8 psi by Dan at Godspeed on sunoco 94 octane pump gas.

Jon lives in the Sterling Heights area and I live in Shelby Twp, so we're all pretty close together. I'm actually thinking about taking the car down to the new shop that Godspeed and Autowerks opened together this Saturday, Oct 1st. I think they are having a dyno day at the new place which is somewhere in Farmington I guess.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:04 AM
Albopballer

Hey Yancy,

Yea I remember, your car was sick looking, (sick=good) lol I just never got to talk to you and I guess I just want to meet some other Z/Import enthusiasts. Its hard when you grow up in a family that is involved in all Domestic cars. All my friends especially in the midwest have this domestic bubble surrounding them. My family drives all imports as well as domestics and everyone loves my car, and i get so many people on the road asking me to pull over so they can see my car and wonder what the hell it is. Yet when i see a Z pass by i flash my lights or waive, but i Honest to god think that Z owners are just too stuck up. Maybe I'm wrong, In all honesty, I dont know much about souping up a car the "right way." Even though im a design engineer, and I design parts for GM, im an artist not a mechanic, so its hard for me to know aftermarket products, i know the parts in a car what is what and what everyting in my car does, but im just oblivious to the import world. Sometimes i just get discouraged to the point where i just want to get rid of the Z and get an new 2006 ZO6 and just spend the extra 14,000 and just eat everyone on the road and not worry about nothing. Everyone loves Vettes there is some commradary, and i guess maybe im in the wrong state...but you guys all seem like honest good people so like Gerry told me, SET UP A DATE AND WE'LL TRY TO BE THERE!...lol...im not a coordinator, im just a fellow Z enthusiast... Well im done whining because i sould like a gosh darn bYt CH. lol...im at work right now, and everyone is making fun of me for being on this website... everyday i come to work, i get guys putting Vette posters over my desk..lol...bunch of punk asses!!

**another note**.....

THis may sound funny, butttttttt....Have any of you guys run into any problems with Cobalts the new Chevy Cobalts???...omg...everytime, n ever fails, coming home from work from Venture, or when im leaving the GM VEC building in warren, i get these kids in Cobalts revin there **** up to me...lol..i mean they want to race me in a 2.4 Ecotech 4 cylinder Supercharged Cobalt...and usually i just act like the typical "Z" driver and put my nose in the air and drive away...but really inside, i haven't found the numbers but will those things beat us stock to stock, lol...i think the domestic car owners think they can match the imports and the cobalt is the answer...and yet to wait for when the fusion gets launched, cuz im sure ill have those guys coming up to me as well lol let me know on your guys insights...

outZway

take care guyz
Old 09-28-2005, 11:29 AM
mzack

LennyG,

There is one difference that sets us appart from a "Cobalt", we have a sports car and not a sedan. Just like the STI and EVo drivers, they have sedans. Although I throw down 380 hp, I will get beat by something, sometime. They may think their car is cool but I am glad to have them try and race me. That just tells me one thing, our cars are sexy and they get noticed everytime. So to anyone who tells you that your car is average tell them to get in their ugly sedan and race off becasue its so ugly its giving you a head ache.

By the way, I like the fact that GM is finally getting into the game with a small fast car.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3