Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 05:39 PM
JonathanAboona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

working on getting good strength numbers out of this new enriched magnesium. I visited the foundry which makes it a month ago and they are still setting up the presses and melting equipment. They have the process down pretty good but are still sending samples to universities for testing. Although I will say that their magnesium is going above and beyond the maximum strength capabilities written in textbooks
Old 09-15-2005, 05:31 AM
zlessnomore

Well Jon you know my name is one of them and as for Morris I think he will be happy with the current ones!
Old 09-16-2005, 05:22 AM
Albopballer

Hey Jonathan,

Just wondering, might be a silly question, but do you own, or did you found KJR performance???

What is the underdrive pulley going to do for my car, i'm really interested in one, and am I going to see some gains in hp, tourque, and sound, what am I looking for when I get one of these things on my car?

thanx.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:36 AM
JonathanAboona

I founded the company with 2 other guys and own 33% of the company. The KJR pulley is a stock size pulley that weighs 2.02 lbs and does not require new belts. The OEM pulley that comes with the car weighs 6.4 lbs. The UR (underdrive) pulley weighs around 1.6-1.8 lbs and requires new belts.
HP: the KJR was dyno tested to get 8 Hp and the UR is estimated at being a litte higher than that
Torque the KJR got 4 ft/lbs and the UR is also estimated to be a little higher than that
Sound - they both have a slight whistle to them due to the hole pattern in the pulley causing air to swirl around

The power gains of UR are minimal to KJR, you just have to ask yourself if you want to get a UR and sacrafice underdriving your accesories for a little more power or go with a KJR stock size pulley that is simply lighter.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:56 AM
zlessnomore

Lenny I have one on my Z and Jon and Company did a great job at eng&dev for the pulley. It works and you can feel the difference as soon it is installed.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:27 AM
Albopballer

Sweet sounds good,

Jonathan, where is your shop/store/outlet so I could maybe stop by and check them out...or are you just online based with factory output in another state?

If the Underdrive pully is less weight, its going to give more gain as far as overall hp...considerering that you have to replace all new belts because of size...am I on the right track?

KJR is using the OEM's original size, but with less weight material. One thing on my mind is warranty of my car....but I know that if you want to tune then you shouldnt be worried about warranties....im wondering how that works out..is this part really going to put stress onto my engine...it sounds like it will free up some of the duties of the original stock...

I guess I should be asking you directly Jon, maybe if you can, please feel free to contact me, I'd like to get some more info on this. Thanx very much Jon and Gerry for your inputs

Plus, I want one of those KJR PERFORMANCE stickers...those are nice lol
Old 09-17-2005, 01:25 AM
MySunset350Z

guys, i need some wheels for next summer. my stockies arent cuttin it ne more. anyone know of a good place? by good i mean less $$. lol.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:05 AM
mzack

Mysunset,

I have Kazera KAs. I got them at Discount Tire in Ypsilanti on Carpenter. Go see Chris (Misha's boyfriend). He has hooked up a few of us for $850 for the set out the door. Check the wheels out on tirerack. I have the polished Al.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:57 AM
JonathanAboona

currently i have them produced in canada and then shipped here. Once inspected they can get packaged and sent out. We offer the pulley in black also which is the color of the OEM pulley, unless the person is directly looking at the pulley with a mirror looking at the hole pattern on the face of the pulley, it is virtually impossible to tell. Dick Scott nissan is quite mod friendly and wouldn't fret over something like that anyway. Since your in warren maybe I could meet up with you one day during my lunch break.... I work at the tank arsenal on 11 and mound are you close by ?
Old 09-17-2005, 08:16 PM
MySunset350Z

mike, those look sweet. i couldnt find the ones im looking for on their site. you think they could order them?

the only discount tire i found in ypsi is on michigan ave. is that the one?

Last edited by MySunset350Z; 09-17-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Albopballer

Default Pulley's

Hey Jonathan,

I work at NEW VENTURE LLC, on 14 and John R. I know exactly where you work in Warren. Listen, my lunches are from 11-12:30, i get an hour and a half, so if you want to meet up for lunch, let me know.

Talk to you later man.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:42 PM
etx

New Venture Gear? The tranny company?

What's up everyone! Update on the Z, the motors STILL at the shop. Been there since Memorial Day weekend. :/ But I'm told they do great work, so I'll wait. I'm hoping to get it back in a week or two, and I plan on taking a week off work (finally) to reassemble the car. I don't have money for a clutch, so It's gonna be the same ol' car, mabye i'll run about 8 psi. But hopefully next summer i'll get a nice clutch and some volks on it. I miss my Z! I've only driven it three times this year. I've been driving my drag car to work all summer, imagine that. No ac, no ps, but at least it's got a radio.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:05 PM
JonathanAboona

hey ETX what shop is doing it for you and what are they exactly doing ? I have slowly started pulling my motor and I plan to forge this winter
what are you putting in the engine
can you pm me with a list and some costs ????
thanks man
Old 09-21-2005, 08:59 AM
MySunset350Z

Jon, what happened to your nitrous system?
Old 09-21-2005, 01:24 PM
zlessnomore

Anyone up for a meet on Sunday the 25th???
Old 09-21-2005, 05:55 PM
afterdarkZ

Hey everybody, just a heads up, the XceedSpeed BBQ is going to be on October 8th. The location has yet to be set in stone because they might be trying a new spot this year. Let's try to get a lot of Z's there again. Here's a link to more info: http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32196
Old 09-21-2005, 08:38 PM
JonathanAboona

nothing happend with the NX actually its still not hooked up. I didnt blow my engine or anything just want to build my motor this winter to prepare for F/I.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:39 PM
JonathanAboona

Lenny we can definatlye meet up one day
Old 09-22-2005, 08:22 AM
Albopballer

Johnathan, Sounds good man, anytime you are ready, I am available, just let me no time and day a cuple days ahead of time

Afterdark, IM UP FOR THE MEET, WHERE IS IT AT?

Zlessnomore-Where is that meet at aexactly? Lets get as many Z's possible, Im sick of just looking at my car all the time and pretending my Z has other friends that are long lost...lol jk
Old 09-22-2005, 01:07 PM
zlessnomore

Your the first to ask Lenny! I would say Royal Oak 13 and Woodward if that is ok with every one, and if 1pm sounds good? What does every one else think?

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3