Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 06:05 AM
etx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D350Z10
I understand where your coming from. So what is DetroitZ... the website doesn't work.
I setup a forum for us to use, but nobody used it so I didn't care to take care of it. I'm a mod on another large forum too so I don't wanna spend all my time moderating or whatever, heh.

Oh yeah, Today is day 1 of project reassemble the z! I got all week off so I'm excited to get it done. Dick scott called this morning to let me know my new rear main seal is in, so that's a good start. I'll probably post some pics once i get it done.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:48 AM
mberthia

ETX, I remember the pictures with the oil puddle under the car on the trailer (back in the spring) but don't remember you telling us what you found out once you opened the engine. What failed ?

Too bad about the cruise. I was free yesterday but did not find out about it until now. I Zaino'd the car on Saturday so it was good to go. I had been wanting to clay the fenders since the last track day. The track pads I used were very corrosive and I was worried about the paint. It's smooth again now.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Albopballer

Hey everyone How did the Z cruise go on Sunday the 24th of 2005!!

Hope you guys got some pics and all that good stuff.!!

Take care, hopefully we could do another Z cruise this Weekend like Saturday.... maybe in the shelby area...nothing scenic around here...lot of major roads tho!

Hahaha...take care everyone!
Old 10-24-2005, 05:49 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by etx
I setup a forum for us to use, but nobody used it so I didn't care to take care of it. I'm a mod on another large forum too so I don't wanna spend all my time moderating or whatever, heh.

Oh yeah, Today is day 1 of project reassemble the z! I got all week off so I'm excited to get it done. Dick scott called this morning to let me know my new rear main seal is in, so that's a good start. I'll probably post some pics once i get it done.
I C... well i will be more than happy to help you out with the detroit site...we need a site so we can plan meets and stuff!!!! If you are still thinking about running it give me a holler!!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:48 PM
etx

Originally Posted by mberthia
ETX, I remember the pictures with the oil puddle under the car on the trailer (back in the spring) but don't remember you telling us what you found out once you opened the engine. What failed ?
4 of 6 pistons gave out at once, heh. Three of them seperated at the wrist pin, one cracked and the rod snapped up top. Then the broken pieces threw a beating to my block. In total I spent almost $5k between parts, having the block machined/assembled, and the head work. Good news is I just finished assembling the whole motor and it's going in tomarrow so I should be starting it up tomarrow night or friday morning if all goes well. At this point i'll be happy to drive it for a couple weeks before I put it back in storage. I only drove it three times before it blew up. Next year I'll do the fuel system, clutch, exhaust, and some engine management. I'd like to jack the boost up, run a low 11 and call it a year. Then go back to working on my real drag car, heh.

Originally Posted by D350Z10
I C... well i will be more than happy to help you out with the detroit site...we need a site so we can plan meets and stuff!!!! If you are still thinking about running it give me a holler!!
I have no problem maintaining it if people us it. I'll get it back up when I get a chance. We have a lot more locals on here than we did last year.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:02 PM
MySunset350Z

Santa's coming to my house a little early this year. lol...

get that baby running derick. hop to. chop chop.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:20 AM
BobaFettm

I can run the site on my security server...

I'm very good at website administration and have ran servers for about 3 years now... if ya need storage or a host let me know... I can do everything easily and quickly
Old 10-27-2005, 12:44 PM
D350Z10

You TEll them Derek!!! Wassup pimp... this weekend we GOT TO DO IT BIG!!
Hit ME up!!!
Ps: How is Comrad Vladamir or what ever MOTHER RUSSIA!!!!!! hahahhaha
Old 10-28-2005, 08:51 AM
mzack

The web site domain should stay the same because we have a banner for the club that we used at Zdayz last May and it has Detroitz.com. By the way Zlessnomore is starting to organize for Zdayz. I plan to go down Thursday through Sunday and to help him. If you want to know about the roads, visit Tailofthedragon.com or zdayzevents.com. They are unreal.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:55 PM
etx

I really hope I can make it to the next zdayz thinger. Hopefully my car dosen't blow up.

I should be able to start the new motor up tonight, I just need to reinstall the test pipes, and the front end (radiator, condensor, etc) and crank it over. Woo hoo!
Old 10-31-2005, 05:54 AM
BobaFettm

if you guys need help with planning call me... last year was too much fun! I wanna make sure I can help in anyway I can... even if its a website or something... let me know!
Old 10-31-2005, 06:58 AM
etx

It's ALIVE!!!! WEEEE!

Old 10-31-2005, 07:59 AM
JonathanAboona

congrats ETX
looking good
Old 10-31-2005, 11:12 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Just thought I'd drop in and say Hi. I'll be a Z owner as soon as it is built and shipped over...they estimate mid-december (just in time to park it in the garage). Seems like a cool forum here though..maybe see yas on the road in the spring.

'06 Sunset Enthusiast
Old 10-31-2005, 12:34 PM
etx

Originally Posted by thekinn
Just thought I'd drop in and say Hi. I'll be a Z owner as soon as it is built and shipped over...they estimate mid-december (just in time to park it in the garage). Seems like a cool forum here though..maybe see yas on the road in the spring.

'06 Sunset Enthusiast
Shipped over from... kentucky? Modern nissans are built in North america I believe. I hope the dealer didn't try to hit you with a 'Shipping from Osaka' charge, lol.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:19 PM
D350Z10

THe Z is manufactured in Japan... takes about four months if you order one.. I had to go through the process, the waiting killed me good luck!!!!! If the Z was made in the US i would have never bought it!!!! My Acura Mdx was made here and rides just like an crappy denali! If you read you shippment agreeement when you bought the car it tells you where it went!
Old 11-01-2005, 06:22 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Yeah it is coming from Japan. There were no dealers anywhere on this side of the US that had the color and options that I want. They kind of messed with me too - When I made the deal they were estimating December or possibly January delivery.. then about a week after I made the deal I got a call from a public relations person.. and she said 'looking at the paperwork' that it was ordered and I'd have it in November.. So I got pretty excited about that. A few days ago I called my salesman and he said..it was just ordered a day ago and to expect it in mid-december. I'm hoping he is just padding the delivery date so that if it comes in November they look good. One thing is for sure..they didn't waste any time cashing my deposit check. I haven't felt this much tormenting anticipation since I was 8yrs old counting the days till Christmas.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Albopballer

THE KINN!
Whatever you do, don't get a 350z, these things suck, they have exceptional styling, good matching torque with hp, its a very distinct design and is a sexy attention getter! Also, people because its so crappy will give you thumbs up, and will ask you where the hell did u get that thing...be prepared for all the hardships, and the unmistakable urges to upgrade the Z, to modify it, to make it even crappier!

Here's some advice, Hit a Ford Dealership, im sure you can still find one if your lucky!, get a 2002 Ford Tarus in the Bronze color...omg those things are awesome, awesome family reliablity feeling, 4 wheel anti-lock disc brakes, about 200 hp, if your lucky, someone might try to run you off the road with their huge truck for driving on of em. Very sweet car. The Ford Tauras is American Ingunity* and you can take it to the woodward dream cruise, and you'll be nothing but LOW PROFILE, people wont know your cruising thats how unbelievable this car really is!

LOL..just kidding...haha... GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS ON YOUR 06 Z car! If your in the Metro Detroit area, then maybe ill see you cruising in the summer!
Old 11-01-2005, 10:45 AM
mzack

Our thread group continues to grow! I plan to bring the Z to work the next couple of days. Sunny. Then I need to get a few things fixed at Dick Scott. My driver side window sticks and the Super Charger belts are squeeking. I am not a mechanical as ETX.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:02 AM
JonathanAboona

ive been seeing a ton of them on the campus of wayne state. Alot of them are parked in the various medical centers and other structures in and around campus.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3