Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Ann Arbor, MI meet Dec. 26th.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 12:40 PM
chahny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ann Arbor, MI meet Dec. 26th.

If the weather cooperates, irishfan and I are planning to meet in Ann Arbor on the 26th of December. The extended forecast calls for snow, but that can always change. I don't think the local Nissan dealer will be open, but if anyone knows of a good place to meet I'm open to suggestions.

mi350z and Mickey have shown interest so were up to 4. Hopefully this will attract Z fans close by to join us.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:56 PM
mickey

Great posting chahny, I will be there(probably slightly hungover) if weather permits. Looking forward to meeting everyone and their Z in person!
The local Nissan Dealer(Ann Arbor Nissan on Jackson Rd) will be open on Dec.26 from 9am-9pm....just a suggestion, this could be a nice location for the meet, there are local food/deli/coffee shop around, so it's quite convenient.
Please keep us updated on time and location of the AA meet.

Regards,
Mickey
Old 12-18-2002, 05:17 PM
irishfan

Meeting at the Nissan dealer sounds like a great idea. I'll just need an address or some general directions. I'm sure my sister/brother-in-law can guide me the rest of the way. I don't mind if it snows a little while I'm there, as long as I can get there Christmas morning.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:29 AM
mi350z

Unfortunately I am working on the 26th but if you meet in the evening I will try and make it so just pick a time. Also the weather is a big issue and hopefully it will cooperate.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:56 AM
mickey

Default Direction to Ann Arbor Nissan dealer

Hello irishfan, Sorry for the late reply, I've been in the shopping mall the past few days.
The direction to the Ann Arbor dealer ship is basically.....

Get on I-94(either East or West depend on which way you are coming from, but very likely you will take West)
Take the JACKSON AVE exit- exit number 172.
Turn LEFT onto JACKSON AVE/I-94 BL.
Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto JACKSON RD.
Make a U-TURN onto JACKSON RD.
Turn RIGHT onto APRIL DR.
(The Nissan dealership building is hiding behind the Accura/Mitsubishi dealership)

If you would like the exact direction once you are in town, try www.mapquest.com and the dealership name is Ann Arbor Nissan, address is:
82 April Dr
Ann Arbor, MI 48103

Regards,
Mickey
Old 12-20-2002, 09:19 AM
irishfan

Mickey - thanks for the directions

mi350Z - when do you get off work or more bluntly, when could you make it if we met in the evening?
Old 12-20-2002, 01:45 PM
mi350z

It is unfortunately a very busy time at work so just pick the time based on everyone else and if I can make it I will. The Ann Arbor dealership is where I bought my Z so I am very familiar with the area so location is not a problem. Specific time would be anything after 6 or so.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:56 AM
chahny

I have a flexible schedule. I was hoping to tack advantage of the brief daylight we get here in Ann Arbor, but if mi350z can make it around 6 then let's plan for that. I figure we can meet at Ann Arbor Nissan at 6 and then grab something to eat after.

mi350z, if you think you're going to run late that day, PM me and I'll give you my mobile.

So far we have 4 Z fans and 2 Z cars.
irishfan (hopefully w/ car)
mi350z (hopefully there, w/ car)
mickey
chahny (the more I talk about Z's, the harder it is to wait)

reply back with any feedback.

Charles
Old 12-22-2002, 01:02 PM
irishfan

6pm sounds good to me, way better than the current forecast. The only good thing about the weather forecast is that there are still 3 days for them to change it. I'm crossing my fingers.

Last edited by irishfan; 12-22-2002 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:55 PM
m477

Hey, what's up guys...

I live in Ann Arbor. Currently, I own an RX-7. I'm considering getting a 350Z next year, so I might stop by and check your cars out if I can make it.

Also, you guys should definitely check out the Ann Arbor Car Club:
http://www.aacarclub.com
We usually have meets Sunday evenings at the Cooker resturant on Plymouth Road near US-23. It would be great if we could get some Z's to show, sometimes it seems like there are too many Subaru there, so we definitely need more RWD cars.
Old 12-23-2002, 04:28 AM
chahny

Matt,
nice to hear from another car enthusiast. North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club (NASIOC) seems to be pretty active in the area, probably due to a particular suby owner.

It would be great to have you there.
Old 12-25-2002, 08:31 AM
irishfan

Hey everyone - too much snow between Indy and Ft Wayne to make the drive up today. We plan to drive up first thing tomorrow morning when the roads are a little cleared up for us. If we get out, I can still meet at AA Nissan, but probably won't be able to get there until 7pm. Let me know if that works or not.

Have a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2002, 09:02 AM
irishfan

I put some pics of what it looks like at my place today in the following thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=14740
Old 12-25-2002, 03:43 PM
chahny

let's make it 7 PM then.

Any objections?
Old 12-26-2002, 05:32 AM
mi350z

My Z is trapped in the garage because they never plow our subdivision until several days after a snow and they have not done it yet! I apoligize but today is just not working out so far and I doubt I will make the 7 pm meet even without the car. I will try and certainly want to meet in better weather (and slower work) times but no guarantees today unfortunately.
Old 12-26-2002, 09:37 AM
mickey

Default 7pm will be great

Hello everyone, hope holiday is enjoyable for all. Looks like Irishfan is the only one with Z if shows up; well....plus the CS touring on the dealership lot.
I will be there around 7pm to meet you all. Even without seeing the car, it will still be great to meet everyone in person.

Regards,
Mickey
Old 12-27-2002, 02:18 PM
m477

How did the meet go? I couldn't make it because my furnace decided to crap out yesterday evening, and I was stuck waiting for the repair guy...
Old 01-01-2003, 03:26 PM
chahny

The meet was a success! Three my350z members braved the cold weather and converged on Ann Arbor Nissan. Irishfan was the only one with a Z at the time so he treated both mickey and I to a spin around the block. My first ride in a Z. We chatted with the salesman and took a look at their CS showroom car and SS that was hiding in the service bay. I think they just got the SS.

Thanks to irishfan and mickey for showing up to what could be the smallest 350z gathering yet!

For those who couldn't make it this time, I hope I speak for all three of us, that we'll see you next time.

chahny
Old 01-02-2003, 07:16 AM
mickey

Default Small but Fun meet

Sorry for my late reply, just got back in town. The meet was nice, since I got to meet the fellow members of my350z.com. Was pleasure meeting irishfan and chahny! Got a ride in irishfan's CS touring, I gotta say, his frost interior was beautiful, adds a scent of class to the car. It was my first hand look at the 3M clear bra on Z(irishfan had it done). Did you know there is a streak line on the hood where the clear bra ends. It does not irishfan nor myself, but just thought I share it with all.
Thanks irishfan for your bravery on showing off the speed on road, I was keeping an eye for any law enforcement while in the passenger of the Z.
The salesman(Matt) was nice for allowing us to checked out the Z in the service bay out back, it was a SS 6MT touring resulted from trading a CS 5AT. I was drooliing over the SS. I believe chahny has a SS track coming this early spring. Lucky guy! Chahny please email me when you car is in the dealership, I would love to check out the car, and maybe we can go over the vehicle inspection for your delivery acceptance together if you like.
I am looking forward to more meets with everyone in the near future. I had fun in this nice little friendly meet though. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2003, 08:02 PM
irishfan

Mickey and Chahny,

It was great meeting the two of you last week. After I drove home, I immediately went out and started looking for a used 4WD. I bought a '97 Jeep last Wednesday, and it will be my daily until this winter mess promises to stay away for good.

Quick Reply: Ann Arbor, MI meet Dec. 26th.