Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

DETROIT Z (meets and events)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 06:29 AM
BrianLG35C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackturbog35
My friend you are rite abt the best shop in Georgia but its not Forged Performance but its the one called z1 motorsports. they are redoing everything and finsighing my project that took Speed Industry Owner Jan 18 Months and never finished it. I dropped my car there late 2007 I dont live in the country much due to I have a business in Dubai. I have been around the world 4 times since dropping my car to Jan but after getting back to Michigan in Feb 2009 my car wasnt still done. So I went there Picked up my car and took to to z1 motorsports. Now they took it all apart b.c someone cant work on G and Z's but just wanted the business. Its embarrasing that after 17 months of keeping my car they cant get it finished. So pls I advise everyone with G's and Z's to not tale ur car to this shop. they dont even knw how to tune these cars because all they work on is Subaru's or Honda's. I have alot more to say but will sart a New THREAD.
There's just knowone in Ohio or Michigan I would trust working on my G. The closest shops I would trust are in Chicago, GRD or SP. Ann Arbor Infiniti does my oil changes and basic stuff.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:29 AM
blueper4mancez

Turbonetics single turbo kit
- Altered Atmosphere fuel system
- Kinetix intake manifold
- Samco hoses
- Tein coil over suspension with EDFC
- Hotchkis front and rear sway bars
- Hotchkis front and rear control arms
- Strup headers
- Unorthodox pulleys
- Stoptech big brake kit
- Defi BF series full gauge set
- Blitz color boost controller
- Deatschwerks 850cc injectors
- Custom 3" single exhaust
- ARC goodies everywhere
- Engine fully built
- ARP head studs
- Cometic head gaskets
- CP pistons
- Eagle rods
- Carbonetic Diff
- Carbonetic Clutch
I will give you more details because my turbo kit is out and APS EXTREME is going on the car. Thats what I wanted to begin with but Speed Industry owner Jan dint knw **** abt it so he was like "ohh man Turbonetics is awesome". Am about to start a New thread on speed industry will be there in few days just getting everythng together. Pls dont go to this shop its a waste of ur time and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. My friend took his Mazda speed6 in there aswell to get it bully built and turbo and his car was there over a yr and now its not working due to poor installing done by Speed Industry.
you need to go into the fi forums to learn a few more things here and there . then you could come back here and thanks me later . btw the new aps extreme kit does not comes with the ball bearing turbos anymore . john and bryan at z1 knows that damn well. your car won't be making more than 500whp with that set up good luck man . go into the fi forums and ask who is better z1 or forged performance . you need to do research and learn bro .
Old 03-18-2009, 09:47 AM
BrianLG35C

Originally Posted by blueper4mancez
you need to go into the fi forums to learn a few more things here and there . then you could come back here and thanks me later . btw the new aps extreme kit does not comes with the ball bearing turbos anymore . john and bryan at z1 knows that damn well. your car won't be making more than 500whp with that set up good luck man . go into the fi forums and ask who is better z1 or forged performance . you need to do research and learn bro .
Billy, are you sure the extreme kit that doesn't have the ball bearing turbos? I thought I'd read in the FI forum it's just the tuner kit that doesn't have them now.

Can't wait for a meet.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:54 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Shiawase
First Event of the Year for Me:
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course || May 23-May 24 || HPDE with BMWCCA

Come out, rock out, and enjoy an amazing track day at one of the big five tracks of America.
http://www.nohiobmwcca.org/events/Ev...px?EventID=225
whoa
Old 03-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Yancy

Dont go to speed industy you life will be ruined and they will F**K your car up. Trust me on this one.
Wow Sorry to hear about your issues with speed industries. I went through a very similar situation with a **** poor company called Tuning Factory that no longer exists. I ended up sending my car down to Forged Performance though to get it all squared away. Z1 is also a very well respected shop though. Hope your car is done soon so you can start enjoying it.

On another note -- I need a good local shop to rebuild my rear end. I have all the parts (fluid, seals, bearings, ring and pinion, etc.) so I just need the labor done. Needs to be a good/dependable place though because I don't want them screwing up my Carbonetic Carbon Dif. Any thoughts?
Old 03-18-2009, 11:41 AM
07pearlwhiteZ

Dont go to speed industy you life will be ruined and they will F**K your car up. Trust me on this one.
I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone, but Speed Industry is not a bad shop. My only complaint with them is that Jan takes on more jobs than they can handle at once. You are correct that they don't do many Z/G jobs, but honestly, I wouldn't go as far as to say they will f*** up your car. They swapped in the Nismo LSD onto my old Z, and that went very smooth, and Jan even knocked off some labor costs, because it took a day longer than he thought it would. I'm not saying what he did with your car is ok at all, but as for shops in Michigan, I wouldn't trust anyone more than them.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
blackturbog35

just because he took money off labor u r happy with them. Try leaving ur car there for a full built and turbo for 18 months then u will understand why am i so pissed. I trusted those people and left my car there while i was overseas and had been around the world 4 times and the car still dint get finished. They might be good in doin small projects but not a big one like me or my buddys with his mazdaspeed6 that dont run anymore b.c they screwed up on the install and those are the words of mazda dealership head mechanic.
Oh one more thing I also paid for everything b4 leaving the Country. not just the deposit the full amount.
Originally Posted by 07pearlwhiteZ
I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone, but Speed Industry is not a bad shop. My only complaint with them is that Jan takes on more jobs than they can handle at once. You are correct that they don't do many Z/G jobs, but honestly, I wouldn't go as far as to say they will f*** up your car. They swapped in the Nismo LSD onto my old Z, and that went very smooth, and Jan even knocked off some labor costs, because it took a day longer than he thought it would. I'm not saying what he did with your car is ok at all, but as for shops in Michigan, I wouldn't trust anyone more than them.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:01 PM
BrianLG35C

just because he took money off labor u r happy with them. Try leaving ur car there for a full built and turbo for 18 months then u will understand why am i so pissed. I trusted those people and left my car there while i was overseas and had been around the world 4 times and the car still dint get finished. They might be good in doin small projects but not a big one like me or my buddys with his mazdaspeed6 that dont run anymore b.c they screwed up on the install and those are the words of mazda dealership head mechanic.
Oh one more thing I also paid for everything b4 leaving the Country. not just the deposit the full amount.
Did you get some of your money back?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:08 PM
blackturbog35

well bro why dont u pick up the phone and call Australia and ask them if the extreme comes with ball bearing turbos or not. Listen man am not here to argue with you abt anything and I bet u dont get paid from Forged Performance to talk good stuff about them. I have been to both shops and I wanted to give me Business to z1. I do appreciate ur concern but anyone who will spend close to 20k would do there research b.c thats def wht i did. Again ty and lets not start something on here. Thank you for ur understanding.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:48 PM
blackturbog35

wht do u think man. I just went there one night and took my car. wht would u have done if someone had ur car for 18 months u have paid in full on top if that i was payin insurance just to be on the safe side.
Originally Posted by BrianLG35C
Did you get some of your money back?
Old 03-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Jonny Boy

Damn, sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope everytihng goes better and I think you will be happy with Z1. Also I do believe that the APS extreme still has the BB turbo's. I think they only canged the tuner and standard kits. I could be wrong thought.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:22 PM
blackturbog35

u r not wrong at all man. u r rite. I did all my research and extreme do have the BB turbos. People make bad decision and thats wht i did with Speed Industry.
Originally Posted by Jonny Boy
Damn, sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope everytihng goes better and I think you will be happy with Z1. Also I do believe that the APS extreme still has the BB turbo's. I think they only canged the tuner and standard kits. I could be wrong thought.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:30 PM
AznSky

I think everybody should just come out to the mod party on April 4th. Cuz then we can all go out for food/drinks in Novi that night!!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:39 PM
blackturbog35

Default Speed Industry

ohh damn forgot to mention one Important thing. The nite i took my car from the shop and was driving home my car broke down on interstate 94 and telegraph due to Jan dint screw up the Pulleys and one fell somewhere on 94. if someone find it pls return it to me. Lol. It was snowing and was so cold. I remember flyin in from Vegas and goin straight to Speed industy. Guys that was one of the most terrified nite of my life. I had all this traffic coming and my car is on the interstate and couldnt move. I had a Kenstyle body kit on my car but the tow ripped my front bumper apart and some guy with his big van pushed my to the side and damaged my rear bumper aswell I got my car towed to the Ann Arbor Dealership. They dint had the part in stock but Novi did so i went and got it from there. We called Jan the same nite and told him all this but that guy dint care at all. All is said was O.K. Then i just shipped my car to z1 and they took everything apart and are installing APS EXTREME. Am still sad that the person i believed in and gave all my money to dint give a F***.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:41 PM
BrianLG35C

wht do u think man. I just went there one night and took my car. wht would u have done if someone had ur car for 18 months u have paid in full on top if that i was payin insurance just to be on the safe side.
Wow, I was just showing a little empathy and asking how it went. Sorry I asked.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
blackturbog35

pls man dont take it the wrong way am not mad or anything with u bro. Am sorry if i offended ya.
Wow, I was just showing a little empathy and asking how it went. Sorry I asked.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:52 PM
BrianLG35C

pls man dont take it the wrong way am not mad or anything with u bro. Am sorry if i offended ya.
Then why are attacking Billy for just trying give you a "heads up" on your kit? As far as I know, and others on her can vouch for this, He's not sponsored by Forged or anyone. If you find a good shop you recommend them, don't you?

well bro why dont u pick up the phone and call Australia and ask them if the extreme comes with ball bearing turbos or not. Listen man am not here to argue with you abt anything and I bet u dont get paid from Forged Performance to talk good stuff about them. I have been to both shops and I wanted to give me Business to z1. I do appreciate ur concern but anyone who will spend close to 20k would do there research b.c thats def wht i did. Again ty and lets not start something on here. Thank you for ur understanding.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:16 PM
blackturbog35

Well ofcourse u do but I have been to both shops man. I have a house in atlanta so i knw both the shops really well. I felt more safe givin my car to z1 then Forged performance. Its my decision rite. the way he attacked was like i dont knw anything abt these kits. I knw wht am i doing but always looking for more help as no one is perfect in anything. If i offended anyone on here I do appologize. am not here to argue man just here to talk and make new friends and go to meets.
Then why are attacking Billy for just trying give you a "heads up" on your kit? As far as I know, and others on her can vouch for this, He's not sponsored by Forged or anyone. If you find a good shop you recommend them, don't you?
Old 03-18-2009, 03:29 PM
BrianLG35C

Well ofcourse u do but I have been to both shops man. I have a house in atlanta so i knw both the shops really well. I felt more safe givin my car to z1 then Forged performance. Its my decision rite. the way he attacked was like i dont knw anything abt these kits. I knw wht am i doing but always looking for more help as no one is perfect in anything. If i offended anyone on here I do appologize. am not here to argue man just here to talk and make new friends and go to meets.
I've heard both shops do a good job but some people in the FI forum have had complaints about Z1, that's all. I'm happy with how GRD treated me and that's all that matters. You've got be happy with the shop you give all that money to, I know that from experience too.

Anyway, no problem man. Billy is a good guy but I can see how you thought he was coming across a little that way.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:32 PM
amsyed84

Yea that sounds good my car should be finished by then....pm me with details

Originally Posted by AznSky
I think everybody should just come out to the mod party on April 4th. Cuz then we can all go out for food/drinks in Novi that night!!

Quick Reply: DETROIT Z (meets and events)