Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

DETROIT Z (meets and events)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 03:32 PM
blackturbog35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you find a good shop you recommend them, don't you?
ofcourse u do.
Originally Posted by BrianLG35C
I've heard both shops do a good job but some people in the FI forum have had complaints about Z1, that's all. I'm happy with how GRD treated me and that's all that matters. You've got be happy with the shop you give all that money to, I know that from experience too.

Anyway, no problem man. Billy is a good guy but I can see how you thought he was coming across a little that way.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:20 PM
blueper4mancez

Originally Posted by blackturbog35
well bro why dont u pick up the phone and call Australia and ask them if the extreme comes with ball bearing turbos or not. Listen man am not here to argue with you abt anything and I bet u dont get paid from Forged Performance to talk good stuff about them. I have been to both shops and I wanted to give me Business to z1. I do appreciate ur concern but anyone who will spend close to 20k would do there research b.c thats def wht i did. Again ty and lets not start something on here. Thank you for ur understanding.
ok my bad about the bb turbos . but i'm just looking out for a fellow forums member . of course i don't get paid to talk good for anybody . btw john at z1 shouldn't have pm me for any concerns . i'm not trying to take his bussinness away , if i knew you earlier when you're car were being built at si i would told you not to use the turbonetics kit . good luck with your decisions its your money .

Last edited by blueper4mancez; 03-18-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:33 PM
blackturbog35

Hey man I do appreciate ur help and thank you for looking out. Bro i swear i never wanted to go with that kit but Jan kept telling me ohh this is the best **** out there. He was looking for an easy way out. Not only dat but u went and ordered the AEM FIC with it and never able to tune is the way it should. Then he emailed me in FEB 2009 only 2 weeks b4 i was coming back to Mich from Dubai and said to pay him $2k more so he can order Haltech. I just started cracking up. According to him Haltech just came out in Jan 09. Man i had to order all the goodies for my car. Once my car is all done i BET u will love my taste b.c i do have expensive taste. Hey but i just wana appologize if i said anything that offended ya. Again Thank you for looking out for me man. So where u from. I live in Ann Arbor and Atlanta.
Originally Posted by blueper4mancez
ok my bad about the bb turbos . but i'm just looking out for a fellow forums member . of course i don't get paid to talk good for anybody . btw john at z1 shouldn't have pm me for any concerns . i'm not trying to take his bussinness away , if i knew you earlier when you're car were being built at si i would told you not to use the turbonetics kit . good luck with your decisions its your money .
Old 03-18-2009, 05:35 PM
blueper4mancez

oooh btw i would do something if someone fawk my car up . goodluck once again , when your car is done bring it up here i gotta check it out . ohh yeah i did told jan at least use a utec when tuning your car . trust me i have exspensive taste too i've spent over 30k on my car but i'm still on stockblock and greddy tt. btw i have a house in georgia too gwinnett county i grew up in GA just moved here for work recently. sterling heights it's where i'm living right now .

hola at me when you see this .

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by blueper4mancez; 03-18-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:45 PM
blueper4mancez

i'd have z1 take a look over that motor since it going out too man .
Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 PM
blackturbog35

nice lookin car man. very clean. I have already told z1 to re do everything from turbo to engine built. R u plannin to go to GA anytime soon. I just got back from ATL Monday morning. Again I love ur car and we def gotta hook up when i get my car back. Hopefully mid of next month is wht am lookin at. Am Bill whts ur name. here is my # u can call anytime u want. 734-330-9372
i'd have z1 take a look over that motor since it going out too man .
Old 03-18-2009, 05:59 PM
blueper4mancez

lols my name is bill too hahha . i'm actually flying back to atl the 27th coming of this month . maybe we'll hang out and do some stuff .
Old 03-18-2009, 06:02 PM
blackturbog35

sweet i will be there 1st of April. am goin to Tx friday night will be back mid nect week and then goin back to ATL on 1st. hey Bill its really nice to meet ya man. Hey am planning on goin to Jan tomorrow with my boy who owns a mazdaspeed6. text or call me if u want and i will let u knw exact time. Would love to meet ya if u free.
lols my name is bill too hahha . i'm actually flying back to atl the 27th coming of this month . maybe we'll hang out and do some stuff .
Old 03-18-2009, 06:04 PM
blackturbog35

Hey man wht do u think of R2B2 motors. I might have them work on my audio system.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:38 PM
cturnbull802

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yancy
On another note -- I need a good local shop to rebuild my rear end. I have all the parts (fluid, seals, bearings, ring and pinion, etc.) so I just need the labor done. Needs to be a good/dependable place though because I don't want them screwing up my Carbonetic Carbon Dif. Any thoughts?

locally i wouldnt trust any tuner shops, id check out a transmission shop or a 4x4 shop for rear end work.
A+ trans in Brighton did some rear end work on my jeep, and a rear wheel bearing on my g.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:58 PM
blueper4mancez

sweet i will be there 1st of April. am goin to Tx friday night will be back mid nect week and then goin back to ATL on 1st. hey Bill its really nice to meet ya man. Hey am planning on goin to Jan tomorrow with my boy who owns a mazdaspeed6. text or call me if u want and i will let u knw exact time. Would love to meet ya if u free.
i gotta work tomorow until 8:30 but i'll text you to see what's up . it was nice meeting you too bro .

bro i'm clueless about audio stuff lols . when it comes to engine suspension and tuning i know some of it to safe myself , but audio i'm blind .

Last edited by blueper4mancez; 03-18-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:10 PM
blackturbog35

ohh its all cool man. but have u been to R2B2 MOTORS. yeah text me tomorrow.
i gotta work tomorow until 8:30 but i'll text you to see what's up . it was nice meeting you too bro .

bro i'm clueless about audio stuff lols . when it comes to engine suspension and tuning i know some of it to safe myself , but audio i'm blind .
Old 03-18-2009, 08:44 PM
07pearlwhiteZ

just because he took money off labor u r happy with them. Try leaving ur car there for a full built and turbo for 18 months then u will understand why am i so pissed. I trusted those people and left my car there while i was overseas and had been around the world 4 times and the car still dint get finished. They might be good in doin small projects but not a big one like me or my buddys with his mazdaspeed6 that dont run anymore b.c they screwed up on the install and those are the words of mazda dealership head mechanic.
Oh one more thing I also paid for everything b4 leaving the Country. not just the deposit the full amount.
No, I was happy with them because I've never personally had a bad experience with them. But yes, I do like the fact that he took care of me with something little like taking cash off the labor for an inconvenience. It sounds like you had a really bad experience, and I can't blame you for never going back there. I would side with you on saying Speed Industry is the place to go for Subies or Hondas. Jan did seem somewhat clueless on Z/G things when I was in there with mine though. Like I said, I wasn't trying to start anything here. I just wanted to point out that Speed Industry is far from the worst place you can take a car if you live in Michigan. Your G should be pretty badass from the sound of it. I actually met you and your friend with the Mazdaspeed out on Woodward one night last season, and you seem like good guys. I doubt you remember, since it was just the one time, but I had the white 07' Z, with the Work wheels and the rear diffuser. Hopefully Z1 takes of everything and that thing will be on the road soon.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:32 PM
blackturbog35

Thank u so much for ur concern am sorry if i was a lil harsh on ya its just when ever someone talk good abt that shop i get really upset so i appologize again and yeah i do remember u knw we met on woodward. ohh my buddy speed6 was built by Si aswell and now its in the garage due to Jan dint installed the fuel injectors correctly. Dont knw if u knw but his car was there for over a yr aswell. wht they do is they keep taking projects and delay the one they already have to make some quick buck. anyways i cant wait for my car to be done and would love to meet all you guys in person. sorry again.
Originally Posted by 07pearlwhiteZ
No, I was happy with them because I've never personally had a bad experience with them. But yes, I do like the fact that he took care of me with something little like taking cash off the labor for an inconvenience. It sounds like you had a really bad experience, and I can't blame you for never going back there. I would side with you on saying Speed Industry is the place to go for Subies or Hondas. Jan did seem somewhat clueless on Z/G things when I was in there with mine though. Like I said, I wasn't trying to start anything here. I just wanted to point out that Speed Industry is far from the worst place you can take a car if you live in Michigan. Your G should be pretty badass from the sound of it. I actually met you and your friend with the Mazdaspeed out on Woodward one night last season, and you seem like good guys. I doubt you remember, since it was just the one time, but I had the white 07' Z, with the Work wheels and the rear diffuser. Hopefully Z1 takes of everything and that thing will be on the road soon.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:58 AM
AznSky

yay everybody's made new friends!! And blackturbog I"m located in Ann Arbor also if you ever wanna chill.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:04 AM
Datona Jess

Wow,
Ok glad thats over with and we can all have a big hug later...hehe

Seriously though it would be nice to have a good group of people at the "Mod party" and yes we will be going out afterwards. Seems like alot of new people are in the area which should make for better showings and things at local meets.

Blacktubog35-again sorry to hear about your bad experience, we also had to help someone on here who was getting dicked around by ANOTHER local shop called Monkeywrench. ..people just don't know what they are doing and assume they can work on these cars...
Old 03-19-2009, 05:04 AM
blackturbog35

yeah man would love to get together sometime soon. Whats your name? Am Bill and do u ever to to Ann Arbor meet in the Wendy's parking lot.
Originally Posted by AznSky
yay everybody's made new friends!! And blackturbog I"m located in Ann Arbor also if you ever wanna chill.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:11 AM
blackturbog35

Thank u so much man. if am in State I will def come to the Mod party sounds like alot of fun. Would love to meet all you cool guys. Thank you everyone again for looking out for me and am sorry if I was being a lil harsh. It sucks not having your car especially when its Beautiful outside in Michigan.
Originally Posted by Datona Jess
Wow,
Ok glad thats over with and we can all have a big hug later...hehe

Seriously though it would be nice to have a good group of people at the "Mod party" and yes we will be going out afterwards. Seems like alot of new people are in the area which should make for better showings and things at local meets.

Blacktubog35-again sorry to hear about your bad experience, we also had to help someone on here who was getting dicked around by ANOTHER local shop called Monkeywrench. ..people just don't know what they are doing and assume they can work on these cars...
Old 03-19-2009, 06:03 AM
zbrid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it looks like a good top-up zday today, think I'll take the z out today, since working is for chumps!
Anyone going out cruising today?

Rob like to go to the mod party but I will be in Florida then.

A J when do you get the 370z??
Old 03-19-2009, 06:52 AM
Phreakdout

When and where is the Mod Party? I'm game if in town.

(Not sure if my Z's worthy to park near you guys but I'd love to meet everyone.)

Quick Reply: DETROIT Z (meets and events)