Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 02:07 PM
bonarsauce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You selling the G?
Old 10-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Spork
Haven't dropped by in a while. Nice new toy, Aaron!
a little bit of an upgrade from my fit

car is just as cool as my Z, but in a totally different way.

I drove it 200+ miles today running parts for the farm. actually kind of wore out.

gets a whopping 16.9 mpg on the highway
Old 10-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd say it's a downgrade.

Hell, that's the same mpg I'm getting in the WRX.

Guys, I'll be down in the cities Nov 10-15. Anyone down for a dinner get-together?
Old 10-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Zivman

Guys, I'll be down in the cities Nov 10-15. Anyone down for a dinner get-together?
Ill be around. let me know specifics
Old 10-16-2010, 04:23 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

hellz yea!!
Old 10-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Zivman

today was a good day......

found that shine sells my strosek front flipper/diffuser/lip. ordered 2 of them bitches! been looking for a while. mine is just getting beat up and has already been recleared once .
Old 10-17-2010, 08:13 AM
bonarsauce

silver you have s-techs dont you?
Old 10-17-2010, 03:35 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bonarsauce
silver you have s-techs dont you?
yep, they handle pretty well but as far as ride comfort you're going to feel every bump in the road. Especially on 35E where it feels like you're driving over small speed bumps all the time
Old 10-17-2010, 04:34 PM
bonarsauce

Hah probably worth it in the end, im having a really hard time deciding what i want to do if i had a bunch of extra money lying around id do coilovers but they're just so damn spendy. Too many options for springs and shocks also my brain hurts from all this research!
Old 10-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Zivman

Hah probably worth it in the end, im having a really hard time deciding what i want to do if i had a bunch of extra money lying around id do coilovers but they're just so damn spendy. Too many options for springs and shocks also my brain hurts from all this research!
if you get springs, get hotchkis.... best lowering spring I have personally used. I have experience with eibach, tein, swift, goldline.... the hotchkis are by far the best.

I have tein monoflex coilovers on my Z, if you have the money they are great.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:11 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Woot finally back
Old 10-17-2010, 07:16 PM
bonarsauce

alright thanks ziv, and alex long time no see!
Old 10-18-2010, 05:47 AM
Zivman

alright thanks ziv, and alex long time no see!
a lot of people have them around here. meet up with them and go for a spin.

what I can tell you is that they are linear springs. IMHO they are more predictable and consistent. progressive springs push harder back the harder you push them. so when you get on a rough road, they magnify the bumps. Get the drop you want, but if you are not looking to slam the car, and want to keep the ride comfortable the hotchkis are a great setup
Old 10-18-2010, 06:07 AM
bonarsauce

well i def want to slam the car i dont want any wheel gap but i just simply cant afford it, nor can i afford the bronze te-37's to go with it. It is really just going to be a temporary set up but i think i will hold off since i will be storing it over the winter and just wait for the right deal to come to snag something up for whatever it is that i want I've still got 4 or 5 things that i want equally as bad its just a matter of waiting for someone desperate to sell what i need hah.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:10 AM
beezee

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
if you get springs, get hotchkis.... best lowering spring I have personally used. I have experience with eibach, tein, swift, goldline.... the hotchkis are by far the best.

I have tein monoflex coilovers on my Z, if you have the money they are great.
I am in the same situation here. I have 19s and hate the wheelgap in the back. I have heard good thigs about the hotchkis but the amount of drop will not solve my problem. I see poeple cut the rear springmount (aka Springmount mod) but I am skeptical about doing that. I am considering Bilstein PSS10 if all things go as planned financially. Otherwise, I am also looking at the D-Spec shock/spring combo. Looking to spend a max of $2000 including the Eibach rear camber/toe bolt kit ($166.00 shipped). I am considering doing the install myself but not sure. Elite Sports quoted about $250.00.
Suspension decision is tough with all the options and views out there.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
WannabeSS

Found a stock upper plenum. Ready for a swap
Old 10-18-2010, 01:22 PM
bonarsauce

Originally Posted by beezee
I am in the same situation here. I have 19s and hate the wheelgap in the back. I have heard good thigs about the hotchkis but the amount of drop will not solve my problem. I see poeple cut the rear springmount (aka Springmount mod) but I am skeptical about doing that. I am considering Bilstein PSS10 if all things go as planned financially. Otherwise, I am also looking at the D-Spec shock/spring combo. Looking to spend a max of $2000 including the Eibach rear camber/toe bolt kit ($166.00 shipped). I am considering doing the install myself but not sure. Elite Sports quoted about $250.00.
Suspension decision is tough with all the options and views out there.
I was also wondering if i am capable of the installation i've had elite do a few things for me they do a great job and are very fairly priced, if you mention your an mnsc or ricekiller member they also give you a discount on hourly rates.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:57 PM
blueVQ

im looking to get a little more set up for the track, that whole road course thing in omaha was awesome, i had a quote to get my boost turned up but im in a good reliable setup now with 350whp and i think im not gonna worry about power too much until i get some handling stuff done, aaron i was thinking of doing the hotchkis kit with the sways and everything. what do you think would be the best bang for the buck? i dont really care about being low or wheel gap or whatever i just want the best performance. maybe a mild coilover setup with sways? is it worth it to get new strut bars? what about chasis stiffening like roll cage and the other frame braces?
Old 10-18-2010, 06:45 PM
bonarsauce

find some decent but inexpensive Coilovers, the hotchkis kit goes for around 600 for the springs and sways ive seen the sways go used for 150-250 and some pretty decent coilovers from 5-800 used, prob have to get the camber kit and rear links, coils and sways are probably the best things you can get to improve your handling. That is ultimately what I want to do, the wheel gap is a secondary thing.

Last edited by bonarsauce; 10-18-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by blueVQ
im looking to get a little more set up for the track, that whole road course thing in omaha was awesome, i had a quote to get my boost turned up but im in a good reliable setup now with 350whp and i think im not gonna worry about power too much until i get some handling stuff done, aaron i was thinking of doing the hotchkis kit with the sways and everything. what do you think would be the best bang for the buck? i dont really care about being low or wheel gap or whatever i just want the best performance. maybe a mild coilover setup with sways? is it worth it to get new strut bars? what about chasis stiffening like roll cage and the other frame braces?
hotchkis is going to be the best bang for the buck. You won't need a camber kit to get it close, and they are setup to work with stock absorbers.

I dont' know what setup the sauce is refering to with decent coilovers costing 500-800 bucks. I would be hesitant buying good coilovers used. Springs would be OK, but not something with dampers included

My teins cost me 1800 with the custom springs + the EDFC + camber kit + adjustable endlinks. Thinking I have about 2500 into my setup. granted is complete overkill for my needs, but the car is setup to be comfortable on the street and with a push of a button firms up for whatever you want to do -> autocross or road course

My new evo has KW coils that cost upwords of 1700-1800 bucks and are true race coils. they handle great but will rattle your teeth.

what I am getting at, is you want a setup that is still streetable yet capable on the track. Nothing is going to get you more for the money than hotchkis. back when I bought it, I paid like 385 for the full setup. now they are like 500+..... still worth it. I stand by my recommendation

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread