Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Phreakdout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cityslick43
Hello everyone, My car is overheating, when I take it on the road in about 1 minute the c/h gauge seems to elevate and another minute the car is overheating. I never drive when the temp is all the way up. I took it to a dealership for a diagnostics check and they said leak in radiator and a bent coolant pipe, they bent the pipe back as far as they could. I changed the radiator, (brand new) and put new coolant, and put a brand new thermostat in the car. After all of this work the car is still overheating and there are no leaks! The fans both spin and Im not getting heat in the cabin. Dealer said its not head gasket, so what is left, what can I do? Help please, I really wanna drive my car!

can anyone help? Ill pay
Here is a link to the manual and trouble shooting charts.

Service Manual - Coolant System

Good luck!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 AM
cityslick43

I have done all of that, most of it, new hoses, new radiator, new thermostat, diagnostics of water pump and head gasket, Im thinking its the heater core. I have no hot air in cabin at all. Do I need to replace heater core?
Old 01-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Hello everyone, My car is overheating, when I take it on the road in about 1 minute the c/h gauge seems to elevate and another minute the car is overheating. I never drive when the temp is all the way up. I took it to a dealership for a diagnostics check and they said leak in radiator and a bent coolant pipe, they bent the pipe back as far as they could. I changed the radiator, (brand new) and put new coolant, and put a brand new thermostat in the car. After all of this work the car is still overheating and there are no leaks! The fans both spin and Im not getting heat in the cabin. Dealer said its not head gasket, so what is left, what can I do? Help please, I really wanna drive my car!

can anyone help? Ill pay

edit -> didn't see this post...

which coolant pipe was bent? the one that runs along the RHS of the motor?

off the top of my head, I would say the heater core could be clogged. If you have ability, unhook the feeds to it and try to flush it with a garden hose. If it is blocked, it may be the cause of your problem <- that would only be if the heater core was in direct circulation.

edit2: looked a the circ chart. a blocked heater core would not cause your car to continually over heat. It isn't in direct circulation. It is off an branch and wouldn't block flow

again, I have a mechanic that will be able to figure it out. it is hard to diagnose over the net. shoot me a PM

Last edited by Zivman; 01-02-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:44 AM
| 1cleanZ |

Happy New years Gentlemen! Its going to be a great one!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:16 AM
cityslick43

My car is not overheating it is only doing it after like 15 min of driving, its off and on.. how can i clean heater core.. coolant flush?? I dont wanna take my dash apart
Old 01-03-2011, 12:49 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Happy new year folks.

Can we move the social hour at Hooters to Sunday or the following weekend?
Old 01-03-2011, 06:25 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
Happy new year folks.

Can we move the social hour at Hooters to Sunday or the following weekend?
Sunday
Old 01-03-2011, 07:11 PM
blueVQ

ya thats fine by me dave whenever, as long as its on the weekend
Old 01-03-2011, 07:20 PM
blueVQ

wow i just realized it said ive only been on here for not even three years... ive really gotten a lot done to my car in the three years ive owned it. year#1- rims that didnt fit. yr#2-supercharge, full exhaust, gauges, clutch and flyweel, plugs, all the stuff that comes with sc'ing your car. yr#3- volks,bodykit,refinished headlights,stoptech rotors and pads, stainless steel brake lines, changed both clutch cylinders.

plans for year#4- suspension and wrx stuff.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:06 AM
cityslick43

I live in Bloomington is there anyone that can put a thermostat in for me? I dont have any tools and not familiar with the car
Old 01-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Zivman

I live in Bloomington is there anyone that can put a thermostat in for me? I dont have any tools and not familiar with the car
didn't you already swap your stat? If you did and you still have an issue, it is not your thermostat. I was sick for a couple days, but can help you out if you can get your car to me.

maybe tomorrow night or saturday
Old 01-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I am still alive and out of the hospital, benefit to being in medicine they released me on my own regard....for those I didnt text, my SHO decided a blown tire @ high speeds plus some black ice was a good way to flip me and bro approx 5-9 times. Bad concussions, cracked sternum, broken nose and ribs etc....long story short, don't depend on airbags bc they wont help when they dont go off. The sho was a fun winter project and that Cosworth v8 was the most fun engine I have ever ripped apart, but in its departure, once able to move and drive again finally....
Proud owner on "new" 1998 maxima se...always liked em ad found a good deal. So thats my story and new winter ride.
See neurosurgeon next Friday due to abnormal MRI's. Hospital gave me month off, still teaching at university so at least I have some $$$ coming in the door bc I just signed on new house in West Bloom. Moving outta EP yet again.

Last edited by Stock2Autocrozz; 01-06-2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Concussions phuk your spelling lol
Old 01-06-2011, 09:37 PM
WannabeSS

That is very unfortunate man. Sorry to hear.

And good job leaving EP. This town is run by idiots.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by Stock2Autocrozz
So I am still alive and out of the hospital, benefit to being in medicine they released me on my own regard....for those I didnt text, my SHO decided a blown tire @ high speeds plus some black ice was a good way to flip me and bro approx 5-9 times. Bad concussions, cracked sternum, broken nose and ribs etc....long story short, don't depend on airbags bc they wont help when they dont go off. The sho was a fun winter project and that Cosworth v8 was the most fun engine I have ever ripped apart, but in its departure, once able to move and drive again finally....
Proud owner on "new" 1998 maxima se...always liked em ad found a good deal. So thats my story and new winter ride.
See neurosurgeon next Friday due to abnormal MRI's. Hospital gave me month off, still teaching at university so at least I have some $$$ coming in the door bc I just signed on new house in West Bloom. Moving outta EP yet again.
what a story... at least you are a live. could have been worse. Look at the bright side, you now own a maxima

for all you evo haters -> I am heading off to the gym. taking the evo, might make a stop by the farm for some winter fun. Keep that in mind when you guys are driving your winter beaters
Old 01-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tru to all the above, very fortunate I am only limping, and not relearning to walk!
Love maximas, glad I got it...sweet lil ride....will throw up some pix when I am more mobile.
No evo hate here, I have grown to the point over the years that everyone's got their own ride and suits em for whatever they need...plus no one shall ever doubt the Z in your garage and where the luv lies! Lol

Yes wannabeess, lived here off and on for 20 years and am thrilled to be moving over the border....fyi my accident was on 212/101....believe speed was near 127 @ time.....****ing ford's and their excessive body roll...literally this time, but USA steel did it's job!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:20 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

My minivan works in the winter, Aaron. lol

How was the farm?
Old 01-08-2011, 07:15 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
My minivan works in the winter, Aaron. lol

How was the farm?
so does my minivan, but all wheel drifting around the farm is a bit more fun than putsing around in the van (and I do like my van)

farm is snowed in, little work being this time of yr. We have Richie's race car at the shop getting worked over (body) hopefully be done this month if they can get some new panels. curious to see what color they go with
Old 01-08-2011, 08:52 AM
WannabeSS

I really enjoy driving this in the snow

But i really DONT enjoy driving this in the snow (it is godawful and doesn't move)

My car is a tank though

Snow is fun with a capable car.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:32 AM
beezee

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Can anyone please suggest a good place with Z experince for an allignment?. Not the dealership though.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by beezee
Can anyone please suggest a good place with Z experince for an allignment?. Not the dealership though.
jeff the alignment guy

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread