Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on now, the stupid lighting has to match the stupid shift **** and oreilly pedal overlays...and who doesn't need a speed oriented slanted lic. plate? Its a package deal!

Old 01-21-2011, 05:00 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
so buy an evo and rip it up in any kind of weather... took the car to the store an hr a go. nothing like pulling 30 lbs of boost through a couple gears on your way to get some eggs
Yeah but that doesn't solve the tire problem being cold and bumpy.

Originally Posted by Stock2Autocrozz
^lol its tru!!!

Btw world being douches helps keep me in business!

Dave, thus far winter G count us up to 4....Z count remains Nil.....what does that say???? Lol
I see Vettes and other sports cars equal to the Z cruising around. Makes me feel like a snob knowing that my Z is in the garage. Then again, I think those people have lots of money and don't care about the car.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:32 AM
blueVQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on now, the stupid lighting has to match the stupid shift **** and oreilly pedal overlays...and who doesn't need a speed oriented slanted lic. plate? Its a package deal!

Dude, where did u find the pic of my car??
Old 01-21-2011, 06:34 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ

all seasons or winter tires are always on option for any car

I see Vettes and other sports cars equal to the Z cruising around. Makes me feel like a snob knowing that my Z is in the garage. Then again, I think those people have lots of money and don't care about the car.
or they only have one car and are forced to drive it yr round.... either way, my 2wd 2 seater isn't all that practical in the summer, no way I am going to going to drive in the winter. I guess consider yourself lucky you don't "need" to drive it yr round and have the ability to store it.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

or they only have one car and are forced to drive it yr round.... either way, my 2wd 2 seater isn't all that practical in the summer, no way I am going to going to drive in the winter. I guess consider yourself lucky you don't "need" to drive it yr round and have the ability to store it.
Yeah, I'm very lucky to have an understanding wife who puts up with my toys and the storage issues.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:56 PM
WannabeSS

My dads Vette is in storage. No way in hell is that thing seeing salt and snow. That and I dont think it would move very well.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:04 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

It's funny how I see really expensive cars on the road, but I think it's all relative. It could be their only ride, plus there's no real way to compare a $50k suv to the Z.

I was telling Tara last night while watching TG that I would sell the Z for a Z06. Or the new Ferrari 458.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:52 PM
bonarsauce

+ a zillion

I have decided that the majority of the human race are douches.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Blue vq, I've been stalking...thats how i found your car! Lol

Dave, living out in lk Minnetonka, and EP gives me the firsthand perspective of many things...especially when I ask them....either, total D-bags, lack of valuation, and people who state its because they have "full coverage".

So, don't feel like a snob, feel like a connoisseur, with some damn common sense.

Plus, as for my bud who just totalled his ride.....all I said was,

Son, you know this is a two horse town....hell I have always had a winter car and summer car, since I was 17, its f'ng Mn!

The SHO prob not my best choice! Obviously, but yet again, I have never had Aaron's bragging rights as far as the 2 horse town either...F medicine, I'm going in to farming!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:09 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

It's funny how I see really expensive cars on the road, but I think it's all relative. It could be their only ride, plus there's no real way to compare a $50k suv to the Z.

I was telling Tara last night while watching TG that I would sell the Z for a Z06. Or the new Ferrari 458.
HAHA yea right you'll come home to changed door locks and metal bars over the windows if you came home with a Ferrari lol
Old 01-21-2011, 08:14 PM
silverbullet_Z

Oh btw I bought me a MR. BEER at home brewery kit today and now starting its formenting. It's going to take awhile (3-4 weeks depending how long I want it to forment, longer is better) but will let everyone know how it tastes. Or whoever wants a sample give a holler! Makes 2 gallons
Old 01-22-2011, 05:30 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Dave, living out in lk Minnetonka, and EP gives me the firsthand perspective of many things...especially when I ask them....either, total D-bags, lack of valuation, and people who state its because they have "full coverage".

So, don't feel like a snob, feel like a connoisseur, with some damn common sense.

Son, you know this is a two horse town....hell I have always had a winter car and summer car, since I was 17, its f'ng Mn!

The SHO prob not my best choice! Obviously, but yet again, I have never had Aaron's bragging rights as far as the 2 horse town either...F medicine, I'm going in to farming!
Well said, Erik.

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
HAHA yea right you'll come home to changed door locks and metal bars over the windows if you came home with a Ferrari lol
True dat! Then again, she might not care at that point if I can afford one to include maintenance costs.

As for your beer, I'll be over ASAP to taste it.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:47 AM
Zivman

Trust me, farming is not where you want to be. I'm about 2.5 yrs away from needing your medical services.... seriously. Too much work in a confined time span, then you go to doing absolutely nothing for a few months. Not good for one's mental well-being. Then to top it off, you have a yr like we had in 2010 and you have taken away any financial incentive to do it.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Stock2Autocrozz

Trust me, farming is not where you want to be. I'm about 2.5 yrs away from needing your medical services.... seriously. Too much work in a confined time span, then you go to doing absolutely nothing for a few months. Not good for one's mental well-being. Then to top it off, you have a yr like we had in 2010 and you have taken away any financial incentive to do it.
Hahah, yeah man I hear ya, time to lease it out tp mass Ag co. and do what you boys do best...build retarded fast cars!

And my services are always pro bono!

Dave, I looked into leasing maserrati...only way to get around maint costs and get hands on ferarri powerplant...FTW
Old 01-23-2011, 06:14 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

What do you guys think of the Whiteline bushings? I'm thinking of doing the entire front suspension.

Last edited by SmoothZ; 01-23-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Zivman

What do you guys think of the Whiteline bushings? I'm thinking of doing the entire front suspension.
used a lot with the evo crowd. they are what are on my car right now..... but it just sounds like you are looking for things to do... Save all those little things up and buy a twin turbo setup
Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Stock2Autocrozz

Had solid diff bushing put in, but did not do my others yet.....I am pretty sure that I need to buy my wheel setup and susp needs before I figure out what I am doing completely all around!

Plus Aaron, he cant do THAT, theres a 240 sitting dry in the garage and a wife that allowed room for a Ferarri in the budget!!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:36 AM
silverbullet_Z

Had solid diff bushing put in, but did not do my others yet.....I am pretty sure that I need to buy my wheel setup and susp needs before I figure out what I am doing completely all around!

Plus Aaron, he cant do THAT, theres a 240 sitting dry in the garage and a wife that allowed room for a Ferarri in the budget!!!!
It's a 260 btw, but Dave you should invest in some nice coilovers for AutoX or the next time you hit up the dragons tail.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:06 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Aaron, I don't think I'll ever have a TT setup in a Z unless I buy one like yours. I'd rather buy the car with a TT.

Whoa, there Erik. If she made room for that, then there's something she's not telling me. I want to know who her sugar daddy is...

I think I've given up on autoxing here. It's too long of a day, and the track is too short with not enough driving time. I like the track day at MidAmerica better.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:17 PM
blueVQ

Mid america was pretty cool. Im gonna try to do a couple road coarse events at brainerd this yr too.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread